Ao From Thai Embassy Paris

Hi Members

Just been chatting with a mate of mine, French Guy. He tells me to apply for a retirement AO in Paris, they have many options. Depending on age, eg over 60 you only required to show 200 000 or an income of 20 000 baht per month.

At 55 years of age 500 000 or 50 000 per month.

Hey I wonder, do the French have special agreement with Thailand???

Any French member can you comment?

Edited by pschef

Applying for a Non Imm O-A Visa at a Thai Embassy requires 800,000 in the bank OR 65,000 monthly income OR a combination of the two.

Applying for a 12 month extension in Thailand requires.

(2) The applicant is 50 years of age or over;

(3) Proof of income of not less than Baht 65,000 per month; or

(4) Account deposit with a bank in Thailand of not less than

800,000 Baht as shown in the bank account for the past 3 months at the filing date of the application. For the first year, the applicant should have that amount in his bank account for not less than 60 days or

(5) Annual income plus bank account deposit totaling not less

than Baht 800,000 as of the filing date of application

(6) For an alien who entered Thailand before October 21,

1998 and continuously allowed to stay in the Kingdom as a

retiree, the following shall apply:

(a) He/she must be 60 years of age or over and has regular

income. His/her bank account deposit shall not be less than Baht 200,000 a year and evidence of the account deposit for the

previous 3 months must be shown; or he/she has a monthly income of not less than Baht 20,000.

b. If he/she is under 60 years of age but not less than 55,

the alien shall have regular income with a bank account deposit of not less than Baht 500,000 a year and evidence of the account deposit for the previous 3 months must be shown, or he/she has a monthly income of not less than 50,000 baht

Apparently not over in Paris, my friends Mum got hers just last month at the 200 000 or 20 000 per month method. Figure that, why only in Paris. That is the reson for this post, below from Paris website.

requirement pdf file in french only.............translated by google hereby

A visa-O

For the O-A visa. Foreign nationals may qualify for this visa at age 50

- 3 photos

- 3 forms

Passport is valid for at least a year and a half

- Medical certificate

- Criminal Records

-Proof of residence in France (edf, electricity etc.)

The-money in the bank at less than 800,000 baht, or about 16,000 euros (Bank in Thailand and France)

Or-50: Recall the monthly 65,000 baht per month or 800,000 baht sum cancels

-55: Recall the monthly 50,000 baht per month or 500,000 baht sum cancels

-60: Recall the monthly 20,000 baht per month or 200,000 baht sum cancels

-Professional experience.

For a single-entry visa is the cost of 50 euros. The validity of the visa is 3 months

For the multiple-entry visa fee is 120 euros. The visa validity is 1 year.

Each entry OA visa can stay in Thailand 1 year

And come every 3 months with the immigration service in your area

It is wrong. This is the official requirement direct from the MFA which all diplomatic posts come under:

Non-Immigrant Visa “O-A” (Long Stay)

This type of visa may be issued to applicants aged 50 years and over who wish to stay in Thailand for a period of not exceeding 1 year without the intention of working.

Holder of this type of visa is allowed to stay in Thailand for 1 year. Employment of any kind is strictly prohibited.

1. Eligibility

1.1 Applicant must be aged 50 years and over (on the day of submitting application).

1.2 Applicant not prohibited from entering the Kingdom as provided by the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979).

1.3 Having no criminal record in Thailand and the country of the applicant’s nationality or residence.

1.4 Having the nationality of or residence in the country where applicant’s application is submitted.

1.5 Not having prohibitive diseases ( Leprosy, Tuberculosis, drug addiction, Elephantiasis, third phase of Syphilis) as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No. 14 B.E. 2535.

2. Required Documents

- Passport with validity of not less than 18 months.

- 3 copies of completed visa application forms.

- 3 passport-sized photos (4 x 6 cm) of the applicant taken within the past six

months.

- A personal data form.

- A copy of bank statement showing a deposit of the amount equal to and not less than 800,000 Baht or an income certificate (an original copy) with a monthly income of not less than 65,000 Baht, or a deposit account plus a monthly income totalling not less than 800,000 Baht.

- In the case of submitting a bank statement, a letter of guarantee from the bank (an original copy) is required.

- A letter of verification issued from the country of his or her nationality or residence stating that the applicant has no criminal record (verification shall be valid for not more than three months and should be notarised by notary organs or the applicant’s diplomatic or consular mission).

- A medical certificate issued from the country where the application is submitted, showing no prohibitive diseases as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No.14 (B.E. 2535) (certificate shall be valid for not more than three months and should be notarised by notary organs or the applicant’s diplomatic or consular mission).

- In the case where the accompanying spouse is not eligible to apply for the Category ‘O-A’ (Long Stay) visa, he or she will be considered for temporary stay under Category ‘O’ visa. A marriage certificate must be provided as evidence and should be notarised by notary organs or by the applicant’s diplomatic or consular mission.

3. Channels to submit application

Applicant may submit their application at the Royal Thai embassy or Royal Thai Consulate-General in their home/residence country or at the Office of the Immigration Bureau in Thailand located onGovernment Center B, Chaengwattana Soi 7, Laksi, Bangkok 10210, Tel 0-2141-9889.

4. Visa fee

5,000 Baht for multiple entries

5. Recommendations for foreigners with Non-Immigrant Visa “O-A” (Long Stay) while staying in the Kingdom

5.1 Upon arrival, holder of this type of visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for 1 year from the date of first entry.

5.2 At the end of the 90-day stay , the foreigner must report to the immigration officer in his or her residence area and report again every 90 days during his or her stay in Thailand. The foreigner may report to the police station if there is no immigration office in his or her residence area.

5.3 Foreigner may report to the competent authority by post and should provide the following:

- A report form (Tor Mor 47).

- A copy of passport pages showing the foreigner’s photo, personal details, and the latest arrival visa stamp.

- A copy of the previous receipt of acknowledgement.

- A self-addressed envelope with postage affixed.

Such documents must be sent to the Immigration Division 1, 120 Moo 3, Government Center B, Chaengwattana Soi 7, Laksi, Bangkok 10210 and must be submitted 7 days before the end of every 90-day period. A receipt of acknowledgement will be given and should be used for future correspondence.

5.4 Foreigner who wishes to extend his or her stay shall submit a request for extension of stay at the Office of the Immigration Bureau with documented evidence of money transfer or a deposit account in Thailand or an income certificate showing an amount of not less than 800,000 Baht or an income certificate plus a deposit account showing a total amount of not less than 800,000 Baht. A one-year extension of stay shall be granted at the discretion of the immigration officer to the foreigner as long as he or she meets the above requirements.

http://www.mfa.go.th/web/2482.php?id=2493

As has been said there is no such visa - it is O suffix A. And if your friend is here on a one year extension of stay I suspect no income would be required if he supported her stay as his dependent.

For any non immigrant visa entry 20,000 baht is the requirement for money for entry/visa issue if they want to check it.

As has been said there is no such visa - it is O suffix A. And if your friend is here on a one year extension of stay I suspect no income would be required if he supported her stay as his dependent.

For any non immigrant visa entry 20,000 baht is the requirement for money for entry/visa issue if they want to check it.

sorry you are right the visa O A, just for those who like to nit pick

Wow you lot take some convincing, my friend and his Mum make the O.A visa last month in Paris: yes at the Thai embassy not via an agency.

You all refer to the MFA; it’s not the same as the Paris Embassy. You can check it out, albeit in French or Thai. I give up now

Wow you lot take some convincing, my friend and his Mum make the O.A visa last month in Paris: yes at the Thai embassy not via an agency.

You all refer to the MFA; it's not the same as the Paris Embassy. You can check it out, albeit in French or Thai. I give up now

Vive La France then, say I!!

And, by the way, it isn't an "O-dot-A" visa either, twerp!!!

You all refer to the MFA; it's not the same as the Paris Embassy. You can check it out, albeit in French or Thai. I give up now

Vive La France then, say I!!

And, by the way, it isn't an "O-dot-A" visa either, twerp!!!

Non-Immigrant Visa “O-A” (Long Stay)

Sorry how I be can right with you perfect people???

You are always so correct BTW

Twerp is an offensive term that deliberately insults someone’s seriousness or importance

Hope you are happy with your Terminology? never mind you have nothing better to do with your time