Tvs Very Own 2010 Honours List

tigerfish

so how about it ?

dont know if its every been done before, but i thought it might be quite a novel idea seeing as its nearing the end of the year.

could maybe have some nominations put forward or even sub - divide into categories where they would be put to a vote.

or just start here by nominating your favorite thread, classic contributions made by members throughout the year. worst troll, poster of the year, best mod laugh.gif, rookie of the year and so on.

a bit like our very own oscars ceremony.

what ya think ?

Edited by tigerfish

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes! go for it! how about: most valuable player in each forum. best assists. duelling banjo award for best bickering. dr ruth award. come on lets make it happen!

Hope they have one for " playdumb " otherwise I won't be awarded anything.:lol:

how about, most likely TO become the next mod?

I think I am the newest. So please be gentle on me! :lol:

As discussion of any moderation issue is strictly forbidden, I think you're safe.

Edited by GM1955

If there were an award for 'Most Unflappable Poster', I'd give it to Buchholz.

I find his/her ability to produce calm language whilst dealing with emotive issues in the face of intense criticism quite unnerving.

Good going, buddy!

Well he has alot of experience under his posting belt.

So could we ask the "House" if they'd help us out with this?

Perhaps set up a temporary sub-forum for it? or should we just have each forum run their own threads for nominations with a cut off date of say 16th Dec and then create one massive poll with all the votes visible on the one thread or would we need a thread for each catagory?

Tech assistance will be an award category...hint hint...

Something similar was done years ago with mixed reactions.

There's nothing new under the sun, nor on Thaivisa. :rolleyes:

(I think I won biggest cynic)

Hi Old Croc,

I also won in the Photo section a couple of times 2006-7 or so I think cool.gif

The Colonel an Amateur Photographer

Kanchanaburi Win

:wai:

Transams' right.

There are too many on here who will take it personally and throw a strop if they don;t get mentioned or feel left out. Bitch fights will start and the whole thing will degenerate into a cock waving match.

Some will probably even be sad enough to open up duplicate accounts to nominate themselves, and even if that didn't happen the accusations will still be flying. Unfortunately there are too many who take internet forums, and themselves, way too seriously.

Here are the nominees in the category

"Posters who fekin refused to admit they were wrong but eventually came to their senses and simply said 'I was wrong", or 'I dont know', or 'eeehhhh, perhaps my gardener doesn't have a freakin <deleted> to do with the price of a brand new BMW in Thailand, I stand corrected".

Nominees:

I will accept votes on these fine posters until midnight 31/12. One post per member only, thanks.

Transams' right.

There are too many on here who will take it personally and throw a strop if they don;t get mentioned or feel left out. Bitch fights will start and the whole thing will degenerate into a cock waving match.

Some will probably even be sad enough to open up duplicate accounts to nominate themselves, and even if that didn't happen the accusations will still be flying. Unfortunately there are too many who take internet forums, and themselves, way too seriously.

That's pretty well what happened last time from memory.

What was started as a bit of fun brought out all the jealous, bitchy, cliquey posters.

I do recall TV management used to have a poster of the year award for a year or two.

Whoever they picked, there were always many who vehemently disagreed.

Here are the nominees in the category

"Posters who fekin refused to admit they were wrong but eventually came to their senses and simply said 'I was wrong", or 'I dont know', or 'eeehhhh, perhaps my gardener doesn't have a freakin <deleted> to do with the price of a brand new BMW in Thailand, I stand corrected".

Nominees:

I will accept votes on these fine posters until midnight 31/12. One post per member only, thanks.

Will there be a category for 'Longest running vendetta"?:boring:

So could we ask the "House" if they'd help us out with this?

Perhaps set up a temporary sub-forum for it? or should we just have each forum run their own threads for nominations with a cut off date of say 16th Dec and then create one massive poll with all the votes visible on the one thread or would we need a thread for each catagory?

Tech assistance will be an award category...hint hint...

The voting system should be modelled along the lines of the FIFA world cup venue selection process.

But we may have to send out to manila for more brown envelopes.

Will there be a category for 'Longest running vendetta"?:boring:

Probably not, but why not consider "The posters who refuses to admit being wrong and opted to run away like a little girl wearing a pair of Hello-Kitty panties, thinking everyone will forget about the sad fact that they're full of it and doesn't have the balls to admit it!"?

I could nominee a couple....

:D

Edited by Forethat

Transams' right.

That's pretty well what happened last time from memory.

What was started as a bit of fun brought out all the jealous, bitchy, cliquey posters.

I do recall TV management used to have a poster of the year award for a year or two.

Whoever they picked, there were always many who vehemently disagreed.

Correct. On a forum if you said coal is black, for sure some one would come on and say no it's not it's purple, end of story. :)

Brown coal, lignite, and othet types of coal are different colours :lol: :lol: :lol: