Second Hand Cars

jgarty38

I bought mine from one of the many used car dealers you find along all major rouds into/out of town, as well as loads on the road going from Chang Phuak bus station straight East towards the river. (Rattanakosin Rd?)

First step I think is get yourself one of those used car magazines with the small thumbnail pics. Those are all in Bangkok (Well, most of the magazines) but it will give you a good overview of prices for particular models and particular ages.

Another thing you want to do is tell everyone you meet that you're looking to buy a car.

Cheers,

CHanchao

A word on auctions: You do NOT get to drive the car. You get to inspect it, also inside and under the hood and when interested you get to start it. But NOT drive it. Also no guarantees whatsoever. Personally that would be an issue for me, like I'm not positive I could tell if a car was smashed up and expertly put together again.. But I WOULD be able to tell if the thing drives wobbly or off it's main vertical axis.. :o So driving it (and driving behind it while someone else drives it) would be a requirement for me. OR I would need to bring someone who knows about cars.

Depending on your requirements and budget, you may also want to look at buying a brand new sedan car - comparatively, the prices are not that high, and the insurance will cover you completely during the first year. Some models to look at are Toyota Soluna VIOS, Toyota Corolla Altis, Honda Civic/City, Mitsubishi Lancer, Mazda 3 etc.