HIV Positive Man On Trial For Sex With Thai Child Prostitutes

webfact

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"403 cases of unprotected sex with child prostitutes, despite knowing he was HIV positive."

only 9 years in jail?

Its a good thing he didn't do anything serious like scamming the tollway company or sell fake DVD's. That would've made an example of him and put him behind bars for 500+ years. :angry:

Edited by Payboy

Evil man and I hope he gets what he deserves. Like somebody above, I would prefer his imprisonment to be in Thailand, where the crimes were committed after all. We all know why I am saying this.

The sad fact is that a lot of these kids may well have caught the disease from somebody else in any case sooner or later. Such is their sad and nefarious existence.

Isaan bar girl chasing is one thing ...... this under-age crap is beyond the pale. Do something about it Thailand, it seems the only ones who are genuinely bothered by such things are us Westerners, yet we have the bad reputation.

What took the Thai police so long? They obviously were aware of this monster long before they acted.

He's a peadophile.

That is the head line - or should be. The fact he is HIV positive is irrelevant as he is having unprotected sex anyway with children. Presumably, this wasn't kidnapping. It was arranged, paid for sex; that's protitution. This is child sex prostitionno doubt with some other adults involved in supplying the underage children.

He is caught due to his video recordings of statutory rape on under age persons.

He is prosecuted in his home country of Germany.

Thailand had the opportunity over 4 years to apprehend but didn't.

Thank goodness Germany chooses to apply the law that Thailand failed to do.

Note how it reports on 'pattaya'; destination of sex tourists.

That wonderful City.

8.15 days per offence hardly a punishment at all. Should have been 9 yrs per offence and no concurrent service. As for the reporting "Pattaya a destination for sex tourists" well the paper is simply reporting facts. The place is world renown for sex tourism and Disneyland for freaks from around the world. No I do not like rockspiders. Local authorities need to take charge of the place and start cleaning it up. It will take 100's of yrs but let's start. People try to sugar coat the place but Pattaya will always be Pattaya and will always attract this class of people.

HIV-infected German sentenced to nine years for child sex tourism in Thailand

2011-03-04 01:47:56 GMT+7 (ICT)

LÜNEBURG, GERMANY (BNO NEWS) -- A German man who is infected with HIV was sentenced to nine years in prison on Thursday for sexually abusing scores of children during trips to Thailand, local media reported.

DNews.de reported that the 66-year-old man, who was not identified, was convicted of sexually abusing underage girls at least 400 times while he was infected with HIV, a virus that can lead to aids. The abuse took place during sex tourism trips to Thailand.

The man, who claimed to have been sexually abused during his own youth, confessed and apologized for the abuse during his trial. His youngest victim was only 11 years old while seven others were 14 years old.

The court in Lüneburg sentenced the German to nine years in prison as well as involuntary commitment, which will require him to undergo mental treatment.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2011-03-04

Bloody hell. This is not only paedophile crime but also crime of knowingly infecting(or to put it more correctly, 'causing a great risk of infection to') people with a deadly virus.

I am against death penalty in general for some reasons but this man should be given a life sentence without a chance of parole !

Jem

He is HIV positive. He already has a life sentence - the shorter the better in my view.

This man knew he had HIV/AIDS. He had sex with young child prostitutes. This man has no soul, no ethics, no morality, no sense of life or cares for life of the others. He has in effect given these children a very painful death sentence. Taking medicines for the rest of their remaining lives, spending long periods in hospital wards, being denied a life. Though, many would consider the children are from Pattaya, not more than cattle to people like this man.

I do know a young man who at an early age had sex with a person like the accused. Now, he is cursed to daily regiments of pills, doctors visits, psychological issues, knowing his life is shortened.

What should be his sentence / punishment? My heart says to kill the man in the most cruel and harshest way. I would say, take his medicines from him and put him in an HIV/AIDS hospice and let him watch the cruelty of the disease in another person's life.

When are men in Thailand and from all over the World being under the regular obligation to have blood tests as so many Thai working women are submitted to for God sake.

Enough is enough are we all mad ?

you are opening a true bucket of worms, anyone in Asia or for that matter anywhere in the world who has unprotected sex with a sex worker or indeed anyone for that matter and doesn't think they may have contracted HIV and ignore it is just as bad as this guy, you see there is a conflict going on, don't get tested even though you have potentially got HIV but ignore the fact and spread it or get tested and be responsible, for me someone that constantly exposes themselves to the risks of conracting HIV but refuses tests is just as bad as someone like this filthy German, in fact there is evidence to suggest that a fully diagnosed and effectively medicated person can not pass on the virus.......

I can't see how civilian clothes may help when the perpetrators of such crimes rely on agents. They are not seen walking hand in hand to some Pattaya tourist hotel as some people seem to think. You won't be allowed into your room with anyone under 18 for a start.

Anyway, what seems to be forgotten here is that this guy was arrested by the Thai police, but it didn't seem to come to anything for whatever reason. OK, how could he potentially infect so many victims for such a long period without getting caught? Is there some pedophile ring in Pattaya from which the police are paid off? I corrupt police officer is as corrupt in plain clothes as much as her is in uniform.

Anyway, why was this guy allowed to leave and head back home? Why did he not have to defend himself in a Thai court?

Not defending this pedophile, but Just for the record, he was convicted for exploiting under age children for sex.Nowhere in the report does it say that he actually infected anyone. He is accused of endangering all of his victims, who apparently were part of the sex industry, and of being morally barren in his failure to declare his HIV status. I believe that Germany and some other countries have much harsher penalties for anyone who actually is proven to have infected someone.

As other posters have pointed out, he may be fully medicated and he might have believed that he was not a risk to others for this reason.

Is there any version of this story which states that he infected anyone?