Average Thai Gym Price For A Walk In

CrankyCarrot

I'm curious to know what it costs to get a good workout in dif places in Thailand. I imagine it's way cheaper in places like Chiang Mai than in Phuket, for example, but maybe someone here could confirm this.

In my somewhat limited travels, the cheapest price I found for a one off visit in Phuket was 100thb for Rawai Gym (900 a month), and 60thb for the same thing at a gym in Krabi Town - although they try and charge farang 100.

It seemed like the average for Phuket was about 150 in tourist places like Patong.

What's it cost where you are? (assuming you go to the gym, of course)

• 2 weeks later...

@D2 - Hey, is that Hat Yai? I've seen something like that around there. I need free weights and a bench to do a proper workout mate, not a fricken hula hoop :)

I'm in travel-mode at the moment, but I can tell you the ONLY gym anywhere near Krabi Town charges 60thb, and 100thb if you're a farang who can't dupe them into giving him local prices.

In Phuket, the cheapest place I found charged 100thb to everyone for a walk in, and was actually a pretty decent place to exercise too (everything in good working order, relatively clean and with ample fans - Krabi has one fan for everyone to share :(~, limited machines and was kinda shabby in general) That's Rawai gym, about 1km from the pier.

I found a gym online in Penang, Malay, for 6rm (60thb) but it looked like it was in some guy's house.

PS Dude, you gotta compress those pics - 900+kb takes forever to load large on some shared wifi networks - try the snipping tool: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-AU/windows-vista/Use-Snipping-Tool-to-capture-screen-shots

Takes 2 seconds ;)

Someone told me there was a good gym in a large white multi-story building someplace near the Night Market--anyone know how to find it? Or any other decent, reasonably priced fitness centers around Lower Chang Clan Road (around Shangra La hotel)?