Confidentiality Between Two People

KHUNDAN

Is there a such thing as Verbal confidence between two people here in Thailand?

Situation: I spoke to someone about something I had heard in our villiage and he went and told someone else who got really upset.

Situation: I spoke to someone about something I had heard in our villiage and he went and told someone else who got really upset.

No, rarely even between husband and wife. Only the wife doesn't tell the husband the whole village now knows :o

Then probably not in your vilage, did you say it was confidential - words like Bit-Barg or Kwam-Lap help there.

Gossip....it reminds me of this story:-

Noi the small town gossip and self elected supervisor of the town`s morals, kept sticking her nose into other people`s business.

Most local residents were unappreciative of her activities, but feared her enough to maintain their silence.

However she made a mistake when she recently accused Mr. Larry, a local man, of being an alcoholic and a womaniser after she saw his pickup truck parked outside the town`s only hotel one afternoon.

Larry, a man of few words, stared at her for a moment and walked away.

Later that evening he parked his pickup truck in front of her house and left it there all night. :o