Briton Found Naked, Tied To The Bars Of A Cell In Pattaya Police Station

webfact

Oh and just noticed your last statement - must have missed it due to the tears of laughter.  Neighboring countries ??  Burma, Laos, Cambodia are shining examples of the good colonization can do......

Try Malaysia, Singapore and Hong Kong.  Perhaps you would like to carry out a poll of the Africa countries that were coloured pink (ugh!) in most atlases. I think that on balance the natives felt safer and certainly more prosperous under UK rule rather than the criminal despots they currently do not enjoy. Colonisation kept a lid on rampant tribalism. 

On the other hand I wouldn't care to defend other European countries for their policies under colonisation - and certainly not the Belgians. To be straight the Congo was not originally  a colony but the personal fiefdom of the Belgian monarch. His excesses compelled the Belgian Government, under pressure from other European powers, to wrestle control of the country from the Monarch and institute a colonial regime.

Perhaps there isn't a lot of difference in the 'colonisation' of Thailand by the US particularly by their Armed Forces during the Vietnam debacle. Who do you think financed and partially built the highway system in Thailand? And to what purpose? Do not companies incorporated in the US enjoy special investment privileges in Thailand? A rose by any other name?

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can you imagine the uproar from Thai people if this happened to a Thai national in the U.K. ?

No, I cannot. I don't think they would ever find out about it because it would not be newsworthy. Thai's have a very low view of criminals. Many object to death by lethal injection because it doesn't cause enough pain and suffering for the criminal.

Edited by HC82

Can you imagine the uproar from Thai people if this happened to a Thai national in the U.K. ?

... and can you imagine the uproar from he UK people if there were a constant flood of Thai men, arriving as sex tourists?

Edited by TechnikaIII

I'm sure there would be an uproar as nationalism usually takes precedence in these matters, but I can tell you with 100 percent certainty that many, many worse things happen to Thai nationals in Thailand under the supervision of the police every single day, and Thais know this.

This is how embassies and honorary consulates work with these repeatedly "returning social cases".

First I must mention that "embassies and consulates are established by the foreign ministry of the representing country. By official representatives through the acting/hearing of the government of one state and in the territory of another, normally acting to assist and protect the citizens of the embassy/consul's own country, and to facilitate trade and friendship between the people of the country to whom he or she is accredited and the country of which he or she is a representative".

... middle part removed ...

Hope this may clear some of the issues in this treads case and mentioned Thaivisa tread.

For clarification, I am not involved in any foreign mission here in Thailand.

After going through 180 posts finally a normal, informative one. Well done!

Bravely risking the scorn of posters here, may I also add this from the FO webpage:

"Our purpose

Use our global diplomatic network to protect and promote UK interests worldwide."

( http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/about-us/what-we-do/our-priorities/ )

This is the same for most countries.

From your local Dutch uncle ;)

Edited by rubl

... and can you imagine the uproar from he UK people if there were a constant flood of Thai men, arriving as sex tourists?

I think they'd be quite happy, they need all the money they can get.

Maybe all Brits should send and email to the consular enquiries email here:

http://ukinthailand.fco.gov.uk/en/about-us/our-embassy/contact-us/

They make take note and assist him in contacting his family who may not be aware of his circumstances.

Have you read my post here #180?

Believe me when I say that no one is left alone by the UK embassy, staff have sure called direct family and the social wellfare office in the UK.

;)

To those who want to help and support this fine lady in her work.

http://www.mccf.uk.c..._are/index.html

I am happy and proud top say that Melisa Cosgrove is a UK lady.

I will second that!

http://www.andrew-dr...ence-a-comment/

And when you nice little do-gooders are finished with that dropkick, how about going down to Pattaya and wagging your fingers at all the naughty little UK sex tourists who are there to exploit the ...

Hey, I think this guy appeared in the local news a while back. Could it be him?

http://www.pattayada...ors-in-pattaya/

It does look like him.

This is another reason why nobody will ever be extradited from Europe, or quite possibly any other country in the western world to Thailand.

Before and after:

med_gallery_35489_956_20364.jpg

Before: 13th November 2010 - http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2010/11/13/drug-crazed-briton-strips-off-frightening-neighbors-in-pattaya/

After: 7th December 2010 http://www.andrew-drummond.com/2010/12/07/a-pattaya-horror-story/

Nice one, Howard Miller. Keep up the good work.

Amazing Thailand !

Can't agree more. Even a foreigner choose to die in Thailand.

The Thai government is great on transparency. Cases like this in neigbouring countries will go unreported and unknown to anyone.

Is that like the naked truth? Sorry...couldn't resist.

In trying to justify the non action by the British Embassy and Consul M/Chief(a poster above) says amongst other things:

"But, embassies/consulates cannot by their country policies and local laws rely on these activities, nor by officially contact them or support them, as this would conflict with mission policies and local laws that foreign embassies and consulates must abide to."

-With respect this is a load of tripe and reads like civil servant clap trap. I do not care what fanciful excuses are raised for non action. A body such as the British Embassy and its' agents have a moral if not legal duty to attempt to protect and rescue one of its citizens when a life is at stake.There was a total and disgraceful failure to do so and it was left to a brave woman to intervene.

The Brit Embassy and Consul should hang its' lazy and cowardly face in shame.

If you were passing a lake and a person was drowning in front of your eyes and you had the ability or means to try to save that person, what would you do?

Edited by R123

If you were passing a lake and a person was drowning in front of your eyes and you had the ability or means to try to save that person, what would you do?

They would be left to drown by an official, it's happened a few times recently :

Here's one of them : http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1281219/You-save-Im-allowed-Policeman-left-man-drown-following-training-inquest-hears.html

Here's another : http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7006412.stm

http://ukinthailand....ssy/contact-us/

They make take note and assist him in contacting his family who may not be aware of his circumstances.

I wouldn't bother. You might get a reply some time next year ... or you might not get one at all. And before some bright spark asks ... yes, I speak from experience. And when they do deign to reply, they invariably offer answers to questions they weren't asked ...

http://ukinthailand....ssy/contact-us/

Have you read my post here #180?

Believe me when I say that no one is left alone by the UK embassy, staff have sure called direct family and the social wellfare office in the UK.

;)

The Embassy need permission to contact the family

In trying to justify the non action by the British Embassy and Consul M/Chief(a poster above) says amongst other things:

"But, embassies/consulates cannot by their country policies and local laws rely on these activities, nor by officially contact them or support them, as this would conflict with mission policies and local laws that foreign embassies and consulates must abide to."

-With respect this is a load of tripe and reads like civil servant clap trap. I do not care what fanciful excuses are raised for non action. A body such as the British Embassy and its' agents have a moral if not legal duty to attempt to protect and rescue one of its citizens when a life is at stake.There was a total and disgraceful failure to do so and it was left to a brave woman to intervene.

The Brit Embassy and Consul should hang its' lazy and cowardly face in shame.

Sure one would help in a direct action by jumping into the water and save that soul, but what do you do when that soul does not want to be rescued or saved? By force?

How can you help people in your own home country? people who have no home nor money for everyday living? How can one help the baglady, the needle pusher at the substation, the drug abusing hookers at camp Pendleton if they do not want to be saved or rescued?

This case here in Thailand does not want the help he needs, so how to help?

The UK embassy is not an social wellfare office and have no rights too act as such, in due respect of the legal freedom its citizens have, to do with their lives almost what ever the citizen wants!

Some kind hearted expats have tried several times to help in this case, but how far can it help?

This is a social wellfare issue that all countries face, how to help human beings that do not want their help?

My emotion, what the <deleted> am I doing here living in this Cesspit of a country, disgusting Thailand. The police are also the biggest problem here, they are a disgrace they are!

Time to go back to mom. Have a save trip.

Comments like this really p1ss1ng me off.

Maybe you will enlighten us why you are living in Los. You do or not? Or is it just for 6 month here and 6 month home @ moms?

What has Thailand did so far for the Farangs who are coming in huge numbers every year and for the expats living here? WHAT?

Right, absolutely nothing. They are ignorant, inhuman and see whitenoses just as money spending machines. If they cant milk u anymore you are not

worth living here or walking the streets. Doesnt matter how many millions of Bath you spend before, you are just not worth simply human attention

when you doesnt even have pockets do wear money or a credit card in. If you cant pay the hospital they let you die infront of the door, who cares?

There is not the slightest thing of a social system in this country and we are living in the 21st century and a country making billions out of farangs.

Wake up and get real. You can be here as long as you have something to spend, otherwise you are nothing more then useless garbage! YES, YOU TOO

This man is under the care of police. He was found sleeping under cars in in nearby Jomtien and was found to be on overstay.

The man known to others purely as ‘John’ growls like an animal and has mental health issues. Sometimes he just sits and says nothing. It’s now known he has been deported from Thailand before for overstaying his visa. Thai police say he is unfit for court and do not know what to do with him.

If the above is an actual fact then why did the man not STAY deported and not allowed back in Thailand? Why was he allowed to return? He is a vagrant and should not be Thailand's problem. The deplorable conditions he is living under ARE a problem, but every guest of Thailand should understand that there is a very real possibility that they could wind up in jail if they do not follow the countries laws.

I can't go to some Islamic country and start flaunting their laws. I would wind up in a similar jail... barbaric or not. I shouldn't jump into a snake pit and then complain I got bitten.

Not fair analogies, Ian,

THailand is different and has its own laws; but that does not mean it is acceptable for the police or the consulate to fail to act the way they have.

We are seeing action now, including from friend Miller, because drummond has exposed it.

Andrew, have any UK newspapers shown an interest in your story?

It went out on a run and I had requests from The Times and Telegraph for both words and pictures. I have not seen however it reported on the internet sites for these newspapers. So at this stage nothing. I might review the case tomorrow though. I think the pictures may be too gross for the morning papers.

Thai people don't treat thier dogs this bad. Just goes to show where the farang comes on the pecking order. I could not possibly imagine a western country treating a Thai citizen like this they would receive medical and psych help and treated with a little respect that humans should.

Take a look around there are Thais with mental health problems everywhere, mostly homeless that no one gives a shit about. There is nothing for them either.

This countrys pecking order is simply who has the most money and as Farangs are believed to have that they are placed at the top with rich Thais. Until it's known otherwise.

If you have no money in this country you are the same as the poor Thais , probably still placed above Laos, Cambodian and Burmese though.

Countries with free or good health services would treat a Thai in his position , but lots wouldn't.

That is possible, but such an event would of course not occur in the UK (thank god) but since the chap is known to have slept beneath parked cars, then he probably regards his current situation (under arrest) somewhat up market.

Excellent idea.....international wife swapping biggrin.gif

I've not read all the threads as they have built up a lot over the dayBUT

Can anyone answer this

Howard Miller

What has he done or is going to do?

Whatever his obligation as an honorary consulate he is also a well know proponent of expat living here and is frequently seen dressed in black on walking Street as a volunteer policeman.Surly he must have been aware of this person for some time yet it appears he has done nothing

He also reads and posts on this site

Has he ansered yet?