French Wine & Tea-Coffee On Sale

jfchandler

There are a couple of interesting events going on thru Sunday at the Queen Sirikit National Convention Center... the Thailand BestBuys 2010 fair and the Bonjour French Fair 2010.

Went by yesterday with the wife and was pleased to find a very busy stand just off the main hallway that was part of the Best Buys event with very good deals on a variety of instant coffee jars and boxed tea bags, much better than even sale prices in the local grocery stores. That was just one thing of interest to use among a huge number of vendors taking up most of the center will all variety of gifts, housewares, electronics, clothes, jewelry, etc.... just in time for the Christmas season.

And then in the different area for the French Fair event, I was was surprised to see probably two dozen or more different booths selling and offering taste testing on a wide wide range of French wines. The prices were pretty clearly marked on a bottle-to-bottle basis, and most of the bottles seemed to be priced between 500 and 1,000 baht.

I wasn't shopping for French wine, and am no expert on the subject, so I didn't linger long to try to assess the quality of the particular wines on offer. But there was a tremendous selection available, so I'm sure Francophile wine lovers would find something there to please.

Both events run through Sunday, Dec. 12... But the wine sales apparently will end on Sat., the 11th, because of a no alcohol sales day in BKK on Sunday due to a local election.

post-53787-0-88883000-1291969462_thumb.j

Best Buys announcement

http://www.qsncc.co....sp?event_id=955

French Fair announcement

http://www.qsncc.co....p?event_id=1045

Among other things, we picked up the following:

Davidoff Instant Coffees, 100g, regularly about 350 baht in the stores, sometimes on sale for 250 baht.

On sale at the Best Buys event for 2 bottles for 400 baht

post-53787-0-42265100-1291969646_thumb.j

Lipton Herbal Teas 20 bag boxes, typically 150 baht or more in the stores

On sale at the Best Buys event for 90 baht per box.

post-53787-0-38628600-1291969647_thumb.j