Singapore Thinks Asian Allies Corrupt, Incompetent: Cables

george

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Latest wiki leaks post by the Guardian has explosive revelations - Samak committed LM.

Superb! You have managed in your reference to Samak's alleged LM headlined the most uninteresting and least relevant of the revelations.

Eh, no, his complaint IS the most important aspect.

As the allegation is already known, has been murmured for years now, and not proven.

However, that a PM would go to US diplomats and complain about it - unheard of.

And to point out again: Just because he complains about it doesn't make it true. Hence, his allegation has equal value now as when they were first surfacing years ago - i.e. not much.

Edited by TAWP

Latest wiki leaks post by the Guardian has explosive revelations - Samak committed LM.

Superb! You have managed in your reference to Samak's alleged LM headlined the most uninteresting and least relevant of the revelations.

As the allegation is already known, has been murmured for years now, and not proven.

And to point out again: Just because he complains about it doesn't make it true. Hence, his allegation has equal value now as when they were first surfacing years ago - i.e. not much.

I'm not often speechless on this forum.This is one of the few occasions I'm lost for words.

Do you have a hat? Will you be prepared to eat it?

I'm not often speechless on this forum.This is one of the few occasions I'm lost for words.

Do you have a hat? Will you be prepared to eat it?

Are you trying to say that the complain has never been uttered by the Red Shirts before or that it is common for PM's to run to other nations diplomats and make complaints along the line of 'Mommy, they are bad to me!'?

Are you trying to say that the complain has never been uttered by the Red Shirts before or that it is common for PM's to run to other nations diplomats and make complaints along the line of 'Mommy, they are bad to me!'?

I entirely take your point that Samak had a bee in his proverbial.

But what's emerging is multiple sources, quite distinct from Samak.

If you agree, I think we should close this necessarily oblique exchange down.

Further reference or discussion of this needs to cease. For those in the know, a word to the wise is sufficient. For those who aren't, it's very unfair to have a secret discussion....and, it's not on topic.

So, meanwhile back to Singapore, or Asean or something that is relevant to this thread.

Thanks.

Why is TH so corrupted and SIN so clean? They are not even far apart.

IMHO,

It is easier to take care of a small country. Think of it as cooking for a family of four versus cooking in the cook house for a battalion of hungry troops.

When Singapore says that the entire country's 3G network has been implemented, in thailand's terms it will be implementing for an amphoe.

But not to forget, the mentality of singaporeans has been shaped by PAP since the mid 70's. We are a bunch of people who follow rules, abide laws, can't chew gum, pay for a certificate that entitles us to own a car and yes, we are dead scared of our government. We achieve conformity by being scared sh1tless of complaints while complaining at every single opportunity we get.

The singaporeans have been fleeced by their rulers for ages for the right to own a car, to hire a maid, to use the roads etc., so the singaporean government can sink billions of taxpayers money into Lehmann Brothers, AIS and others.

very well said, but I give the government credit for being able to put things in a nice way to the citizens.

I can list a whole bunch of bull crap that has been spoon fed to the republic.

Hence said, who am I?

I am a Singaporean; and Thailand is my Mexico. :D

I see things in a different way and calls myself "not the typical Singaporean". I do not get blinded by false fact feeding or news sugar coating.

But I need an electric blanket in Thailand!! lol..

What a piece of news, good day to all. It's beautiful today, nice and warm.

Cheers

very good.maybe we can have a beer in your mexico next month. :D

Be my guest :D

Sorry for the delayed reply cowboy, had issues at home in Singapore. Being forced to head back tomorrow to SG, I'll be back just before new year's day. Let me know when you're avaliable next month.

Cheers and happy holidays to all,

Sinblesser

IMHO,

It is easier to take care of a small country. Think of it as cooking for a family of four versus cooking in the cook house for a battalion of hungry troops.

When Singapore says that the entire country's 3G network has been implemented, in thailand's terms it will be implementing for an amphoe.

But not to forget, the mentality of singaporeans has been shaped by PAP since the mid 70's. We are a bunch of people who follow rules, abide laws, can't chew gum, pay for a certificate that entitles us to own a car and yes, we are dead scared of our government. We achieve conformity by being scared sh1tless of complaints while complaining at every single opportunity we get.

I gave up complaining over 20 years ago and just walked away. I have not paid them taxes, nor have any money held in their CPF since 1989.

The term 'corruption' has to be defined and measured. How much corruption is there in North Korea? When laws and rules are written to benefit a few, and imposed on the many, will you be able to define corruption?

As mentioned in Animal Farm - "Some are more equal than others".

IMHO,

I gave up complaining over 20 years ago and just walked away. I have not paid them taxes, nor have any money held in their CPF since 1989.

The term 'corruption' has to be defined and measured. How much corruption is there in North Korea? When laws and rules are written to benefit a few, and imposed on the many, will you be able to define corruption?

As mentioned in Animal Farm - "Some are more equal than others".

Not too sure about animal farm, but you and me, we're thinking along the same line. Very comforting to know that.

Thanks pal,

Sinblesser

Singaporean wet dream: Buy Phuket Island cheap from corrupted Thai politician.

Well, not really, there is a reason why Phuket is in your Singapore wet dream, because its not Singapore.

If Singapore owned Phuket, it wouldn't be able to keep itself from turning it into well, another Sentosa. Nobody would go there.

[but not to forget, the mentality of singaporeans has been shaped by PAP since the mid 70's. We are a bunch of people who follow rules, abide laws, can't chew gum, pay for a certificate that entitles us to own a car and yes, we are dead scared of our government. We achieve conformity by being scared sh1tless of complaints while complaining at every single opportunity we get.

From what you said i presume you are a singaporean...if you are not happy with your country :angry: you can also migrate elsewhere..

Thailand is not a bad place... :D

Singaporean wet dream: Buy Phuket Island cheap from corrupted Thai politician.

Well, not really, there is a reason why Phuket is in your Singapore wet dream, because its not Singapore.

If Singapore owned Phuket, it wouldn't be able to keep itself from turning it into well, another Sentosa. Nobody would go there.

The topic is Singapore's perception of other ASEAN's corruption. And while it's accepted Sing is not squeaky clean, they would do a better job than most if they were able to takeover Phuket and yes i see no problem with the sentosa model.

Pesonally i think that parts of sentosa are too glitzy but it does offer wide choice of recreational pursuits

caf

Remember the slogan 'Sentosa - Where The Fun Never Stops!'.

This was true for the simple reason that the fun never started -- it was as dull as Titov Veles.

I'd like to see Singapore try to manage Phuket -- the people who always tell others how to behave versus people who have never listened to a word they are told.

This was true for the simple reason that the fun never started -- it was as dull as Titov Veles.

I'd like to see Singapore try to manage Phuket -- the people who always tell others how to behave versus people who have never listened to a word they are told.

Are you saying the levels of corruption in Phuket compared with Singapore are not relevant to the topic

As I say I dont like the glitzy side of Sentosa but there is certainly more choice in Sentosa

caf

[but not to forget, the mentality of singaporeans has been shaped by PAP since the mid 70's. We are a bunch of people who follow rules, abide laws, can't chew gum, pay for a certificate that entitles us to own a car and yes, we are dead scared of our government. We achieve conformity by being scared sh1tless of complaints while complaining at every single opportunity we get.

From what you said i presume you are a singaporean...if you are not happy with your country :angry: you can also migrate elsewhere..

Thailand is not a bad place... :D

Hi chuang,

Nice suggestion but you're one step behind.

Already stepped out of Singapore, please read the entire thread instead of practicing selective reading.

However, migrating is redundant. I am living in Thailand while enjoying the benefits that the Singapore Passport offers.(Henley Visa Restrictions Index)

Not to mention hospitalization subsidy and other perks.

Despite the rising Baht, money coming in from Singapore still goes a long way here.

To sum it all up, I'll take what I enjoy and b1tch about what I don't on TV.

Have a pleasant weekend.

Are you saying the levels of corruption in Phuket compared with Singapore are not relevant to the topic

As I say I dont like the glitzy side of Sentosa but there is certainly more choice in Sentosa

caf

Well said caf, my sentiments exactly.

Cheers to all,

Sinblesser