Gold Prospecting

glennoz

hi

my wife owns land next to chatree gold mine phetchaboon 70 rai[google kingsgate]

0.8 of klm from south west corner border fence,there has been geophysical surveys done on our land showing gold ;i-we our going back to thailnd in febuary and i am wondering if any one has a mine lab gold detetecter and is interested in going halve,s for use of our land for 3 months,i am not rich and do not wish to pay $4000 to buy something that i have no idea how to use.

regards glenn

3 months of your time on your own property, it depends on the type of gold deposit your looking at. surface placer and nugget shows, only require a shovel and a pan with some water and you should be able to ascertain if there is gold in them there hills. If the survey you reference indicate a subsurface source at a shallow depth, a hand auger is a good simple easy way to obtain samples. You can physically mark samples and location from which they came for reference. Good luck

Since, in this area, easily recovered gold, as in particle size big enough to crush (if tiny grains are in rock) or to use a gold pan or sluice box (gravity separation) has disappeared about 1200 years ago, and since you talk about geophysical surveys, then I must guess that either Induced polarity, gravimetry, or another type of geophysical survey has been done that shows a rock type similar to a known gold bearing strata.

I'm guessing that you would likely have to drill with either a diamond core drill, or a reverse circulation (which crushes the rock, and samples are analyzed sequentially). The drilled "core" or reverse circulation samples can be read with a scintillometer, but ultimately a lab does either atomic absorption, or fire assay or the samples. In short, this is a very time consuming and very expensive project.

Even thirty years ago there had to be greater than 1.5 grams of gold per tonne of rock, but as the price has risen, and using (if possible) cyanide (which is not as bad as it sounds) ore that carries as low as 0.5g/au/tonne can be recovered, but there are so many variables.

As slapout said, just buying a gold pan, digging a hole, and panning will show if there are grains of gold, even as small as 1/000 of a inch.

If a single nugget was ever found that was detectable on a metal detector, it would have, in the past, sparked a gold rush overnight. So finding nuggets is not likely.

Try to find out what kind of geophysical survey was done, what the results were and can you see the data-- and proceed from there.

Good luck, and maybe there's a 20kg chunk waiting under that auger...

Since, in this area, easily recovered gold, as in particle size big enough to crush (if tiny grains are in rock) or to use a gold pan or sluice box (gravity separation) has disappeared about 1200 years ago, and since you talk about geophysical surveys, then I must guess that either Induced polarity, gravimetry, or another type of geophysical survey has been done that shows a rock type similar to a known gold bearing strata.

I'm guessing that you would likely have to drill with either a diamond core drill, or a reverse circulation (which crushes the rock, and samples are analyzed sequentially). The drilled "core" or reverse circulation samples can be read with a scintillometer, but ultimately a lab does either atomic absorption, or fire assay or the samples. In short, this is a very time consuming and very expensive project.

Even thirty years ago there had to be greater than 1.5 grams of gold per tonne of rock, but as the price has risen, and using (if possible) cyanide (which is not as bad as it sounds) ore that carries as low as 0.5g/au/tonne can be recovered, but there are so many variables.

As slapout said, just buying a gold pan, digging a hole, and panning will show if there are grains of gold, even as small as 1/000 of a inch.

If a single nugget was ever found that was detectable on a metal detector, it would have, in the past, sparked a gold rush overnight. So finding nuggets is not likely.

Try to find out what kind of geophysical survey was done, what the results were and can you see the data-- and proceed from there.

thanks for the replies guys

it was a airbourne geo survey showing gold veins close by,checkout kingsgate gold mine ,there are some very rich ex farmers who got bought out for 300 thosand a rai,i am hoping the same for me,and yes there is a lot of wheeling and dealing going on buy corrupt local officials

thanks for the replies guys

it was a airbourne geo survey showing gold veins close by,checkout kingsgate gold mine ,there are some very rich ex farmers who got bought out for 300 thosand a rai,i am hoping the same for me,and yes there is a lot of wheeling and dealing going on buy corrupt local officials

..this link puts it all in a nutshell..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_nWO8kqZ7w

• 8 months later...