Shaving Brush And Soap

jori

Excellent decision. Welcome to the world of Real Men.

But you can't find any good shaving brushes or good soap around here nowadays, far as I know.

That said, Best Supermarket has some cheap brushes that are adequate and Old Spice shaving cream. The Body Shop in the Big C in N. Pattaya might have some tubs of their really excellent, world-class cream; if not, then the Body Shop at Central Chidlom will surely have it.

As for soap, you can improvise using a creamy soap like Imperial Leather w/ a couple of drops of shampoo. Real English Leather shaving soap used to be sold at Best, but it's long gone.

You didn't ask about a traditional double edge razor. Best has cheap plastic Gillette Clics, very mild shavers that won't last long. Booths at The Avenue (or perhaps elsewhere) sometimes has Wilkinson razors, which are adequate. Thai markets (e. g. in Naklua) sometimes have cheap metal Chinese razors.

Edited by JSixpack

Excellent decision. Welcome to the world of Real Men™.

But you can't find any good shaving brushes or good soap around here nowadays, far as I know.

That said, Best Supermarket has some cheap brushes that are adequate and Old Spice shaving cream. The Body Shop in the Big C in N. Pattaya might have some tubs of their really excellent, world-class cream; if not, then the Body Shop at Central Chidlom will surely have it.

As for soap, you can improvise using a creamy soap like Imperial Leather w/ a couple of drops of shampoo. Real English Leather shaving soap used to be sold at Best, but it's long gone.

You didn't ask about a traditional double edge razor. Best has cheap plastic Gillette Clics, very mild shavers that won't last long. Booths at The Avenue (or perhaps elsewhere) sometimes has Wilkinson razors, which are adequate. Thai markets (e. g. in Naklua) sometimes have cheap metal Chinese razors.

Real Men™ wipe their asses with sandpaper.

Traditional double edged blades are better split and put into cut throat razors,but are difficult to manage.

Looked at e Bay ,the badger haired brushes can be had from Hong Kong, finest Italian shaving cream in tubes with oils and spice added can be had from Singapore cheaply ,but will they arrive if ordered?,anything like these items will cost a fortune in the LoS.

Staggering out of bed into the hot sun in other tropical climes, straight into a barber chair especially after a heavy night was heaven sent,gowned up,lathered up for an eternity then cut throat razored 3 times over,followed by aftershave and soothing and cooling balms applied, seemed to take 3 days or so for any stubble to form, was that close a shave,.oh happy days,cost a fortune here in Thailand.

Electric shavers are useless in hot climates,cannot get pre electric lotions either,but pharmacy grade alcohol did the trick when I did use 'em..

Thanks for replies,did buy a couple of excuses for shaving brushes yesterday for 15 Baht at hairdressing shop in the Klang

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks again for the tips.

Best supermarket has the lot, tubed shaving creams,good shaving brushes @ 50 Baht each,even Thai produced after shave @26 Baht a bottle,it's good stuff too,as good as the 220 Baht stuff. Also sells shaving balms and pre electric lotion. Never thought I would obtain that sort of stuff in Pattaya

I know it's teaching someone to suck eggs ,but instructions on the box state to use shaving brush for full 2 minutes before beginning shave ,not just spread and scrape. Good tip

My favourite shave at the moment:

post-7529-0-54705300-1293953774_thumb.jp

- Muhle R89 Closed comb DE safety razor

- Derby DE blades

- Muhle Silvertip Badger hair shaving brush with buffalo horn handle.

- Vulfix shaving cream (Rose or Persian Musk)

- or Taylors of Bond street shaving cream (Barber Shop)

- Metal shaving bowl.

Soak the brush in warm water whilst washing face with soap and lots of hot water, then work up a nice lather in the bowl.

Beats the hell out of canned foam and plastic razors.

Very nice but you will need to order online.

Only thing I ever found in Pattaya were some decent Feather double edged blades in the market at the end of Soi Buakaew.

Edited by davee58

Only thing I ever found in Pattaya were some decent Feather double edged blades in the market at the end of Soi Buakaew.

I've found quite a lot in Pattaya, both decent and as well splendidly indecent. :)

Well, eliminate one of the middlemen. Go to a beauty supply shop, such as Pattaya Beauty down from Tukcom, same side, and buy blades much cheaper (Feathers, 100 for B450 but I recommend Astra Superior Platinum for only 100 for B199) and in bulk--probably where the vendor in the Soi Buakeow market found his/hers.

Nice shaving setup BTW. Obviously more is possible if you wanna go online, which the OP didn't suggest. However, you can't beat those blade prices online.

Edited by JSixpack

I've found quite a lot in Pattaya, both decent and as well splendidly indecent. :)

Well, eliminate one of the middlemen. Go to a beauty supply shop, such as Pattaya Beauty down from Tukcom, same side, and buy blades much cheaper (Feathers, 100 for B450 but I recommend Astra Superior Platinum for only 100 for B199) and in bulk--probably where the vendor in the Soi Buakeow market found his/hers.

Nice shaving setup BTW. Obviously more is possible if you wanna go online, which the OP didn't suggest. However, you can't beat those blade prices online.

The only reason I did not suggest online is the fact that there is more than a strong probability that whatever was ordered would never arrive.

Shaving heaven awaits

Thanks, went to that beauty and hairdressing shop (not much use me going there ) the Feather blades they do sell,think there made in Japan, plus a load more makes

Looked on Ebay UK and the Feather shaver blade holder sells there sourced from all places Thailand, looks good quality too,and pretty expensive compared to others. Cannot buy for Thai delivery,but I'd like to pick one up,anybody know where they sell? ,the shop above does not.

Got shaving mug too,just heavy teamug,found that the hotter the water the better at getting it just right :rolleyes:

Edited by jori