Investing In The Set

My wife has a little money she would like to start investing in the Thai SET.

Where does she go to do this here in Chiang Mai?

Like say we were in the USA and wanted to invest in the Dow Jones...just walk

into a Charles Schwab office and sign up.

Thanks guys/gals

Your Thai bank will happily assist you offering you some fonds

Dont get those since they cost more and dont add any value

Ask for "Index zertifikates" this will represent the SET development 1 to 1 with a annual cost of around 0.01% and the difference between BID and ASK will be around 0.25% or less. You should make sure that the certificate is emitted by a non US or EU Bank since this is currently safer

most of the big banks if not all have broker security firms, scb, kasilorn, bangkok bank etc, you can try the larger branches in chang mai and see if they have any info, kasikorn is kasikorn securites, bangkok bank is bualuang , there are other security firms like kim eng and phatra, tiscos, phillips which maybe have branches in chang mai for that have to check each companies website for branch info.

the link below is a list of most of security comapnies on the set from the set's own website

http://www.set.or.th/set/memberlist.do?language=en&country=US

Kim Eng, one of many brokers in Thailand

Chiang Mai Branch 2

201/3 Mahidol Road, Haiya, Mueang,

Chiang Mai 50100

Tel. (053) 284-138-47

Fax. (053) 202-695

You can't miss their office as it's right beside the golf driving range (look for enormous fence close to Central Airport Mall). Ask for Khun Witaya - he is a really nice guy and can speak English.

But as noted earlier by PM, directly investing in shares may not be your best investment option, so best to investigate the various other options before jumping in to the SET

Edited by chiangmaibruce

Thanks everyone for your help!!!!

Looking at her research sheet she has a few stocks with high yields such as

KYE

ADVANC

EGCO

GYT

and others she is looking into.

She wants to open a joint account with me on it..possible? if one of us (God Forbit but it will happen someday ) passes away does the other one recieve the other 1/2? I can ask the broker I know and will too.

We have been married for decades so this is not a new wife to me question. Thanks!