Anyone Else Having Problems Connecting To Certain Sites?

perkie173

For the last few hours I have been unable to connect to a number of sites. Most notably freelancer.com and wikipedia. I need these sites for my work especially freelancer and I don't know what to do. I have reset the internet box (I'm with True) and reset my laptop. Can anyone in the bangkok area confirm if they can access these sites, so at least I will know if it is a problem specific to me or if it is true or a thai problem. Thanks

Hi negreanu

Please could you explain how to connect through a strongvpn server as I have never heard of it. It is weird as some sites work whilst some just won't load at all. I have cleared all my cookies and tried to load them in two different browsers and the results are the same.

you can purchase a US VPN from strongvpn.com (west coast SF servers) are faster.

Setup instructions are all on their website with 24 hour live chat support.

Also allows u to watch Hulu and netflix in Thailand ;)

Any of their lite packages would be suitable around US$55 a year.

Edited by negreanu

I"m in BAngkok on true and having trouble getting to some sites tonight. Ironically Speedtest is one of them but also oneDDL.com and one of the forums from the US as well that I hang out on.

Just now connected through a VPN with absolutely no problem so who knows what the hell is wrong....

I've been having trouble with True for a week now...SO many dropouts and really inconsistent download speeds, but up until tonight I was always able to get all the sites I visit regularly.

I'd call them but why waste an hour when you know you aint going to get a result. Come to think of it its probably out of hours for English (or their version of it) support anyway.

Awful company in so many ways.....hope their social media monitoring software is picking up this thread and if it is then FIX IT YOU F^%KING MORONS

Edited by gkinbkk

1. you simply disable Windows firewall in your control panel, then start again IE and the site you cannot reach. When the site is working then re-enable your Windows firewall.

2. alternatively you could use a site proxy: http://www.bypassthat.com/ and type there the website you cannot obtain.

3. alternatively you could call your internet provider and tell them about your problem. They should be able to tell you if they can reach the website from their side. If they can, then the culprit is on your computer or a firewall within your modem.