The Origin Of Yodelling

Many, many years ago, a man was traveling through the mountains of Switzerland.

Nightfall was rapidly approaching and he had nowhere to sleep. He went up to a farmhouse and asked the farmer if he could spend the night.

The farmer told him that he could sleep in the barn.

The farmer's daughter spotted the man, and asked her father, "Who is that man going into the barn?"

The farmer replied, "That's a fellow traveling through, and he needs a place to stay for the night ... so, I told him he could sleep in the barn.'

The daughter thought, "He looks like a nice man, and he's probably hungry."

So she prepared a plate of food for him and then took it out to the barn.

About an hour later, the daughter returned. Her clothing disheveled, her top buttoned incorrectly, and straw in her hair. Straight up to bed she went.

The farmer's wife was very observant. She then suggested to the farmer, that perhaps the man might need a drink as well. So she fetched a bottle of wine, took it out to the barn.

She too, did not return for an hour. When she did, her clothing was askew, and her blouse buttoned incorrectly. She also headed straight to bed.

The next morning at sunrise the man in the barn got up, and continued on his journey, waving to the farmer as he left.

When the daughter awoke shortly after, and learned that the visitor was gone, she burst into tears.

"How could he leave, without even saying goodbye??" she cried. "We made such passionate love last night, and he told me he loved me!!"

"What?!", shouted the father. He ran out of the house angrily looking for the man... who by now, was halfway up the nearby mountain.

The farmer screamed up at him, "You mongrel! You screwed my daughter and left her, without as much as a goodbye!'

The traveller looked back down from the mountainside, cupped his hands over his mouth, and yelled out.......

"ILAIDYOUROLADEETOO!!"