Google For Real Or .....

Gonzo the Face

Any other g-mail users out there in good ole CM???

I received an interesting email supposedly from Google email this morning.

Something about the servers being crowded and overloaded and if I did not respond back within 7 days my email account would be suspended.

But they want the return email to show

Full Name

Password

Occupation

Birthdate

Country

Anyone out there get anything similar..... Anyone know if this for a real thing from Google or someone come up with a good scam to get some personal info???

Gonzo

Say GF. While your at it will you PM me your bank account number and mail me your ATM card along with your pin.:ph34r:

Don't listen to him he is out to get your money.

I on the other hand have a perfect place to store all your valuables in. If you can send them right a way it would seal the deal..

Do not delay this is a one time only time sensitive deal.:jap:

Gonzo, I too live in CM & use gmail, but have not got this email, therefore seems likely it's a scam ! :jap:

It was a good suggestion that someone made to report it......

Did just that, now we will see if anything is said or done about it..... or even ackknowledged.

G

Yes I have several other gmail accounts for different purposes and no other has recd such a message either

Edited by Gonzo the Face

Don't feel bad, Gonzo. At least you didn't fall for it.

I was phished back when it was a brand new social engineering thing.

Got a very official looking email from PayPal with logo and all (I was in the middle of both outgoing and incoming transactions) about 7 years ago. I got tricked into sending the Russians, or Nigerians or North Koreans or whomever some personal data, thinking my transactions would be messed up if I didn't comply (threat was to freeze my account).

Called PayPal the next morning (thanks PayPal for having banker's hours for customer service, and a 20+ minute wait time on the phone queue). I was phished.

Learned from the experience, and now that it is a common everyday occurance, we laugh at it.

But when it was a new scam- it got a lot of people, including me. ;)

I have 3 gmail accounts and receive these phishing emails sometimes 4 times a day.

Let me tell you that gmail never not under any circumstances request a users user name and password via email.

Trust me; don`t even think about it, DELETE, DELETE, DELETE.

Now, would I lie to you.

post-110219-91486_thumb.jpg

Edited by Beetlejuice

Google users are everywhere and everyone gets targeted by this kind of spam/scam.

Moving to Internet forum where these kinds of questions are more specifically answered.

While it is true these kind of questions are more specifically answered it is also true that the warning is more sufficiently hidden. The post was a informative post with a easy answer and gave room for light humor. If that is against forum rules they need a over hauling. I would not be a bit suprised if he didn't know the answer before posting..

By the way how does one find this forum I don't even know what it is called?

And that is a serious question.

Internet, computers, communication, technology and you seem to have found it. Just click on any moved item and it will take you to where it currently is and you can answer it there and the normal procedure is to leave a link. In fact this gets the same question/statement seen in two forums for the price of one so it is an advantage for response and not the penalty that many see it as.

Internet, computers, communication, technology and you seem to have found it. Just click on any moved item and it will take you to where it currently is and you can answer it there and the normal procedure is to leave a link. In fact this gets the same question/statement seen in two forums for the price of one so it is an advantage for response and not the penalty that many see it as.

I found it by clicking on to a thread on the General Chiang Mai Forum. I am darned near tech challenged and it will take me a while to find it as you have suggested but as I have said I am almost challenged and will not be using it that much certainly not to go find out what the latest phishing scam is. To do that the list would be so big it would be useless.

Thanks to a friendly post on a open forum I am informed. There is life beyond the key board.

Thanks for the info Gonzo.