I Bought A New Tiger Boxer 250Rs

CMX

There's no Boxer dealer in Pattaya? If not, what shop would do the maintenance? When I had big old bike I got ripped off constantly by the chopper shops, besides the headaches of dealing w/ their low quality work, and that's one reason I gave it up.

I think I missed something: the custom seat and handlebars--you didn't get those from Boxer but some custom shop?

Who cares what it looks like! So many posers on the forum. Consider what you look like.

There's no Boxer dealer in Pattaya? If not, what shop would do the maintenance? When I had big old bike I got ripped off constantly by the chopper shops, besides the headaches of dealing w/ their low quality work, and that's one reason I gave it up.

I think I missed something: the custom seat and handlebars--you didn't get those from Boxer but some custom shop?

Who cares what it looks like! So many posers on the forum. Consider what you look like.

There is a dealer in Pattaya-but i haven't got an address on hand ... not sure if he stocks a Boxer there. Service Center is there too, but should there be any large issues on the Bike -Tiger Motors would send a Service Truck with Mechanic to your Place and get it fixed...

mbox

Congratulations CMX. I am sure you will have a lot of enjoyment with your bike. :D What puts my head in a spin is that it seems easier to get what you want from Tiger than it is from a larger major brand name bike company (first letter S and last letter i) in your neck of the woods. You know what I am talking about. :thumbsup:

Poor Ol' Thaifan2, perhaps he needs lessons in basic counting, if he thinks his Phantom (if that's what he rides) is not a single cylinder machine or perhaps needs to learn something about bikes. They do say that the most ardent gay-bashers are really closet gays so maybe Thaifan2 is a Tiger admirer but is, for some reason, reluctant to admit it.

I have a 250RS Boxer although, in a fit of madness, I recently advertised it for sale (not because there was anything wrong with the bike, I should add) and later realised my mistake before it was sold. It's a cracking bike and reminds me of my old Ducati singles in its engine characteristics & performance and nobody can accuse most Ducati singles of being poor performers in their class & for their time.

For the sort of roads I enjoy - twisty, short distances between bends where speed is irrelevant, tight bends (just what we don't have in my locality :() - a big bike is a liability and small machines like the Boxer come into their own. It's also very easy to maintain which, at least up here in Isaan where I wouldn't trust a "mechanic" to do anything properly, is a REAL bonus. Is it ugly? Maybe but not to me and, as many have said, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Anyway, since when did the ugliness or otherwise of a bike affect its performance? I think Harleys & a great many modern Jap bikes are very ugly but don't feel the need to tell everyone - except for this one occasion :) .

A UK friend of mine - an military aero engineer who appreciates a good machine - has ridden many, many bikes in his 65 years including big Japs & Europeans. What is his favourite make of bike? MZ, because it does what he asks of it come rain or shine and is easy to work on. Not my cup of tea, being a 2-stroke, but he loves them and now has a small collection of them.

The 250RS is a good bike and well worth considering as an alternative to Japs. Add to that the excellent factory back-up and I think it's fantastic value for money, certainly something you can't say about imported big bikes in Thailand. If Tiger came out with a bigger machine, I'd very seriously consider buying one.

All this "My bike's better than your bike" is pointless so maybe we should be saying "My bike suits me better than your bike".

Poor Ol' Thaifan2, perhaps he needs lessons in basic counting, if he thinks his Phantom (if that's what he rides) is not a single cylinder machine or perhaps needs to learn something about bikes. They do say that the most ardent gay-bashers are really closet gays so maybe Thaifan2 is a Tiger admirer but is, for some reason, reluctant to admit it.

I have a 250RS Boxer although, in a fit of madness, I recently advertised it for sale (not because there was anything wrong with the bike, I should add) and later realised my mistake before it was sold. It's a cracking bike and reminds me of my old Ducati singles in its engine characteristics & performance and nobody can accuse most Ducati singles of being poor performers in their class & for their time.

For the sort of roads I enjoy - twisty, short distances between bends where speed is irrelevant, tight bends (just what we don't have in my locality :() - a big bike is a liability and small machines like the Boxer come into their own. It's also very easy to maintain which, at least up here in Isaan where I wouldn't trust a "mechanic" to do anything properly, is a REAL bonus. Is it ugly? Maybe but not to me and, as many have said, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Anyway, since when did the ugliness or otherwise of a bike affect its performance? I think Harleys & a great many modern Jap bikes are very ugly but don't feel the need to tell everyone - except for this one occasion :) .

A UK friend of mine - an military aero engineer who appreciates a good machine - has ridden many, many bikes in his 65 years including big Japs & Europeans. What is his favourite make of bike? MZ, because it does what he asks of it come rain or shine and is easy to work on. Not my cup of tea, being a 2-stroke, but he loves them and now has a small collection of them.

The 250RS is a good bike and well worth considering as an alternative to Japs. Add to that the excellent factory back-up and I think it's fantastic value for money, certainly something you can't say about imported big bikes in Thailand. If Tiger came out with a bigger machine, I'd very seriously consider buying one.

All this "My bike's better than your bike" is pointless so maybe we should be saying "My bike suits me better than your bike".

Hi MartinL ,

I recall you advertised your Bike - and good on you that you kept it. ....yeah a larger bike from Tiger would also be on my list.

hope you get on some great rides....try petchabun , it is great there and ain't too far.

cheers,

mbox

>>Poor Ol' Thaifan2, perhaps he needs lessons in basic counting, if he thinks his Phantom (if that's what he rides) is not a single cylinder machine or perhaps needs to learn something about bikes. <<

I know the Phantom has only one pot ,but i wish it had two ,and was 250cc . :jap:

220px-MZ_ETZ250.JPG

My buddy road his CZ in the early 80's from Australia through India, Afgan and back to England. Yes, he took a boat from Australia to India. If the Tiger Boxer is compared to that machine I'd say it's a compliment. I sort of like the looks of that MZ. Thank's CMX for the info on the seat.

Are we getting a little confused here? The CZ came from what was then Checkoslovakia not East Germany.

220px-MZ_ETZ250.JPG

Are we getting a little confused here? The CZ came from what was then Checkoslovakia not East Germany.

Quite right Paul, CZ is a Czech Company and was actually founded 1919,later joined forces with Jawa....jawa is actually still around here the website: http://www.jawa.eu/index.php

mbox

This picture shows a MZ ETZ 250 (MZ = Motorenwerke Zschopau)

The original pic can be found here

Could that be the same CZ that turns out such fine pistols, used by many police forces?:offtopic:

Oops. Anyway, the CZ is utterly unrelated to the Tiger Boxer 250RS, except evidently both are Really Sturdy.:thumbsup:

CMX,

CZ started 1919 as weapon manufacturer and in the 1950s they joined forces with Jawa (Janecek & Wanderer) - so maybe it is the same Company.

Let's guide this thread back ... there is actually a little ,although brief, moment where Tiger worked together with MZ & Cagiva , this also mentioned here http://www.tigersachsclub.com/tigercompany.html ( on the left side)

During this time MZ was owned by Malaysian Hong Leong Group ....resulting into the Cagiva Stella & Cagiva F4 for the Asian Market . As per Tiger Motors the Stella was italian designed , the F4 was Thai designed and predecessor of the Tiger Boxer...

so there you have it MZ and Tiger had some relation although a very distant one :rolleyes:

mbox

Is the Indian made "Pulsar" available in Thailand? My work mate rides one here in Singapore.

A good looking bike, especially in black. I park my bike next to a Phantom every night and thank my lucky stars I don't have to ride the thing. The Phatun' that is.

Mbox, lose the top box please!! :thumbsup:

Is the Indian made "Pulsar" available in Thailand? My work mate rides one here in Singapore.

A good looking bike, especially in black. I park my bike next to a Phantom every night and thank my lucky stars I don't have to ride the thing. The Phatun' that is.

Mbox, lose the top box please!! :thumbsup:

I also like the Pulsar Bikes look...not knowing much else about them.

Actually i don't have the Boxer since a while anymore....but i miss it :(

Most of times i rode without topbox - the topbox was easy to mount and remove (1 screw mount - without the need of tools)

Here some pics without the Topbox

4089143348_b869528b4e_b.jpg

4088386773_d7373c3745_b.jpg

4089185756_f1cd3e808b_b.jpg

4088420369_a0f67e46eb_b.jpg

happy trails,

mbox

Of course by then you'd changed to a different headlamp and, I think I recall, a digital panel? In any case, that would be my next mod. I think Boxer with a plain chrome lamp presents a classic line of sorts. And removing the stickers (heresy) would complete the picture.:rolleyes:

The Thai Police Tigers are a PX 200 model and are surprisingly provided free for their use. It is rare for the police department to provide anything for free to police as uniforms, guns and laptops all have to be bought by the individual.

Sadly the police complain about their Tigers mostly because they just use them and do not maintain them properly. I saw one the other day that had done 50k kilos and it still was still running on the same spark plug. The policeman was complaining about it being hard to start!

All of the Police boxers vibrate at 90 km/hr and above and this I believe is seen by the police as a way of limiting the top speed of the police. All of the police I know have a problem selecting neutral gear so they don't.

If you put a fuel filter on the fuel line and you change oil and clean the air filter on regular occasions they will run for ever trouble free!

I love my Tiger.

BB

Of course by then you'd changed to a different headlamp and, I think I recall, a digital panel? In any case, that would be my next mod. I think Boxer with a plain chrome lamp presents a classic line of sorts. And removing the stickers (heresy) would complete the picture.:rolleyes:

Yes, thats right i did a lot of changes...when i got my boxer it looked like this ( having only added the Topbox myself) - the prior photos with all the changes were made about 9 month later .

DSCF4189%20%28Large%29.JPG

DSCF4190%20%28Large%29.JPG

DSCF4194%20%28Large%29.JPG

DSCF4196%20%28Large%29.JPG

happy trails,

mbox

I also prefer the tiger 250 with the round headlight..biggrin.gif

I have seen Boxers that i like with either lights ...my personal preference was the round light ...not sure what i would do with the next Boxer ? Maybe i'd keep the original light but add an KSR speedo here is some nice example what this guy did on his Boxer 250RS

img_5397medium.jpg

img_5382medium.jpg

bmjna.jpg

img_5386medium.jpg

img_5401medium.jpg

35713_109848799063029_100001137283585_69173_1913531_n.jpg

happy trails,

mbox

CMX an excellent thread and an interesting read, I own a Phantom and am well aware of the bikes shortcomings but I like it, I also dislike the plastic chrome bits and I am considering changing them to black. The Boxer is on my list to check out when I eventually decide to change machines, I like the simplicity and compact shape of it. Although I like it in red being Evertonian means that I could never be seen on a red anything so it's going to be black.

Thanks again and happy trails (gonna check out the website now)

Edited by aitch52