Being Allowed To Keep More Of The Money You Earn

It's painful listening to members of the US government foam at the mouth and bash the "gift" to the Wealthy who "don't really need it". They think this money should instead go to the unemployed. However, when the unemployed are given money for not working, that is not a gift. That is the government "doing the right thing".

Isn't this like if I saw an old man wearing a nice Rolex who had fallen asleep and I decided not to steal the watch for him, thus I "gifted" him his own watch?

:annoyed:

The Irish Government have a similar annoying "slogan" when it comes to taxation (excpet it is a reverse principle). Justifying increases in perosnal taxation, they frequently inform the public:

"we must all share the pain, those who earn the most will justifyingly pay the most"

At the same time, there are no cuts to social welfare and those on minimum wage are kept "outside" the tax net.

So - rather than "sharing" the pain, they are in fact front loading it on those individuals who have worked the hardest and sacrificed the most in order to ensure the future of themselves and their families.