Filipino G/F Can Stay In Pattaya ?

Harry Potter

Tried to send the following in a PM to you, but wasn't able to.

Sorry, don't have an answer to your Post, but wanted to contact you since my wife, a Filipina, and I, an American, who are currently living in Angeles, are planning to come to Pattaya in January to see about living there.

I was wondering if you know of other Filipinas there for my wife to meet and to talk to?

Where are you planning to bring your GF over? Where does she live now?

Our regular email is <snip>

Dan

Edited by raro
please do not post e-mail addresses

Thanks FB - but after living in Thailand

PI is so third world, expensive, horrible food, corrupt, dishonest etc

Very difficult to get tourist visas out of Manila embassy. She can come over on 30-day visa exempt entries. The other option is to marry her and then she can piggy-back on your retirement visa.

Best to move to the Philippines.

Thanks Dan

would you like to catch up i will be in the ABC Hotel A.C. from 24th

My name is as per my login = HP ask for me before 7pm.

Tried to send the following in a PM to you, but wasn't able to.

Have an 10 year AC friend who has just moved to Pattaya

could give you some advise

harry

Sorry, don't have an answer to your Post, but wanted to contact you since my wife, a Filipina, and I, an American, who are currently living in Angeles, are planning to come to Pattaya in January to see about living there.

I was wondering if you know of other Filipinas there for my wife to meet and to talk to?

Where are you planning to bring your GF over? Where does she live now?

Our regular email is <snip>

Dan

Thanks FB - but after living in Thailand

PI is so third world, expensive, horrible food, corrupt, dishonest etc

I'll agree that PI is very 3rd world by comparison, but we must remember you're comparing the Philippines with Pattaya which is very much geared for the expats and international tourists.

Your statement above gives me the impression that you don't think there is dishonestly or corruption in Thailand. This surprises me considering all the scams that are reported on Thaivisa. I've never come across any scam in the Philippines as nasty as the jetski scams going on in Pattaya.

Good food is quite easy to find in the large shopping malls in the bigger cities. You always have the option to cook at home too.

You should also consider which area of the Philippines you are comparing to Pattaya. I have never been scammed in the province where I am currently vacationing and have never been bothered by police. Problems do vary from place to place and scammers normally converge on tourist areas.

Regarding visas:

As has been mentioned, don't waste your time going to the Thai Embassy in Manila. I suggest you accompany her from the Philippines as she will find it next to impossible to leave on her own if she is a young Filipina going without a visa. She'll need a return ticket for 30 days otherwise the airline will not check her on. She'll have no problem getting a 30 day stamp in Thailand.

A double entry tourist visa from Phnom Penh or Vientiane is her best option right now, which will give her 6 months. She maybe able to get 2 or 3 of these back to back, afterwhich she will need to seek out other options or get a new passport. An education visa from a Thai language school would give her 2 or 3 years. Marry her and you'll have no problems as she can piggyback on your retirement extension.

The visa situation is always changing, so what happened in the past is no guarantee it will keep happening in the future.

Edited by tropo