How To Return Thai Personal Tax Id Card - Never Worked

I set up a Thai Ltd. here last July and in the process my agency (Sunbelt) not only applied for the tax ID for the Ltd, but also my personal tax ID.

But the whole thing fell through, the company never went fully operational and never had any employees.

Also I personally was never an employee as I had not got a work permit yet.

So how do I go about my tax ID card? Should I return it somewhere?

I never had any income during this time since July, neither in Thailand nor anywhere else.

Cheers, Farrol.

No need to return the card. Just keep it safe for future use if needed future employment etc.. The Tax ID number remains with you for the rest of your life.

If you use it in the future and have changed your address in the meantime just make sure you notify the revenue department of your new address.

No need to return the card. Just keep it safe for future use if needed future employment etc.. The Tax ID number remains with you for the rest of your life.

If you use it in the future and have changed your address in the meantime just make sure you notify the revenue department of your new address.

How can I apply for a tax id?

Thanks!

How can I apply for a tax id?

Thanks!

I don't know what is required these days but certainly your PP and if have the WP but you can get a Tax ID without WP!

In the past all that was needed was the PP but that was at the time when foreigners still needed a tax clearance certificate when leaving Thailand. I still have the same Tax ID number for the past 26 years but got a new card twice due to change of address.

Just call your local revenue department and ask, they are happy to get anybody into the system who asks.

Edited by opalhort

Thanks, ok I understand there is no need to return the Tax ID.

But does this mean that from now on I must file my income tax every year even though I have no income?

I would rather do without such complications. If that is the case I would like to cancel the Tax ID.

I will be staying in Thailand for at least a year on my non-B and might get a retirement visa afterwards.

In theory you have to file your tax returns every year but if you have no income you won't have any problems if you don't file them.

I believe not based on the Revenue Department site info.

Personal Income Tax (PIT) is a direct tax levied on income of a person. A person means an individual, an ordinary partnership, a non-juristic body of person and an undivided estate. In general, a person liable to PIT has to compute his tax liability, file tax return and pay tax, if any, accordingly on a calendar year basis.

So, if you do not have any tax liability then no need to file. Revenue Department