How To Make Chicken Rice

bella54330

I was wondering if anyone can give me a recipe for Chicken rice. I believe that the Thai chicken rice is similar to the famous Chicken Rice that I ate nearly everyday while in Singapore. It is served chopped up into big pieces, and has a gingery flavor. It also has a side of veggies and a side of chicken soup.

I would really love to know how to make this... it's by far the best thing I've ever had, and I'd love to have it at home, any comments will be very appreciated!

I was wondering if anyone can give me a recipe for Chicken rice. I believe that the Thai chicken rice is similar to the famous Chicken Rice that I ate nearly everyday while in Singapore. It is served chopped up into big pieces, and has a gingery flavor. It also has a side of veggies and a side of chicken soup.

I would really love to know how to make this... it's by far the best thing I've ever had, and I'd love to have it at home, any comments will be very appreciated!

An old, fast & easy(and healthier?) recipe. Doesn't have that unique fragrance on the chicken that you get from a good restaurant, however.

Rice:

Cook the rice in chicken broth (use bouillon cubes - 1 cube for each cup of rice), mix in vegetable oil (1/2 tablespoon per cup of rice), ginger & garlic (peeled and slightly smashed)

Chicken:

Steam chicken pieces with skin on. Put the ginger peels and smashed garlic on each piece. Let cool slightly before cutting into bite size. Served with cucumbers & cilantro (Thai parsley)

Sauces:

1) Smashed ginger, garlic and brown bean sauce - mix in both light and black soy sauces. Add vinegar and red peppers for that "Thai" touch.

2) Serve sweet soy sauce on the side to add complexity to the flavors

Soup: light broth, traditionally with chinese melon - but anything else would do.

Good for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.....

This recipe is from the famous Mandarian Hotel from Singapore which cost S$20 a plate!!!!

I try it there and it taste great.

Hope it helps you.

Sawadee Krub

Alvin

post-14706-1124861085_thumb.jpg

after clicking the link that duck provide you, it will open up a new window...When the small pictures is shown just roll your mouse cursor on top the picture wait for few seconds then you will see on the bottom right there is a small icon of an eye somes out...just press that icon and it will enlarge the pics...

yea, whenI click it with my mouse, it's still very small and hard to see, (I have great vision). I don't know why I can't see it... but I'd love to try it

1.Click the attached file to download it.

2.After the file has been downloaded, the intial picture will be small. But move your mouse to the picture, there is an icon to click to enlarge. Click it and the picture will be enlarge.

Another method

Or from step 2 after the file has been downloaded, right click the picture and save it to your hard disk. Then open the picture with another program which you can enlarge it.

Kao Jai Mai Krub?

Any problem can PM me.

Alvin

This recipe is from the famous Mandarian Hotel from Singapore which cost S$20 a plate!!!!

I try it there and it taste great.

Hope it helps you.

Sawadee Krub

Sorry,but it's all Chinese to me! :o

Alvin

• 2 weeks later...

Ciao Bella (joke) if you wanna make this you take the chicken with skin etc and boil it with stock and nam pla a little. Then you take some of the broth and also the oil that floats on top from the skin and use it to boil the rice in! you will need a rice cooker at best if you want the rice to have that sticky kind of texture it has to absorb all the chicken fat (after all this is why they call it khaw man gai - rice a la chicken fat)

then you take the chicken and sort all the lean breast meat out and also the meat off the lags if u like and place on top of the rics.. a little cucumber in slices on the side of the plate to top it off looks nice.

as for the sauce they give you on the little side plate it is made from ginger root diced up small, also "Thao Jiaw" (yellow bean sauce) which you can buy in any grocers shop in thailand even 7/11 has it. also some red chilli pepper chopped up fine and a bit of MSG if you like a tiny bit odf sugar too and mix it all together.

there you have it!

hope this was some help... If beauty was food you'd be a hot dish. :o