Man in central Bangladesh beaten to death by his four wives

News_Editor

Man in central Bangladesh beaten to death by his four wives

2010-12-23 09:26:41 GMT+7 (ICT)

FARIDPUR, BANGLADESH (BNO NEWS) -- A man was beaten to death by his four wives in Kabirpur village in central Bangladesh on late Tuesday, the New Age newspaper reported on Wednesday.

Yunus Bapari, 46, was attending a village fair in Brahmankanda, not far from the town of Faridpur, with both his wives. At around 11 p.m. local time on Monday, Yunus reportedly ran into his third wife which caused an argument.

The victim's two wives were not aware that Yunus had a third wife, causing a fight. It escalated even further when, during the fight, it became clear that Yunus had even a fourth wife.

The women discovered that the fourth wife was living in Kabipur, and Yunus was forced to go with them in order to find the woman. There, the four angered women began hitting him.

After the assault, Yunus was taken to Faridpur Medical College Hospital in a critical condition and died at around 4.50 a.m. local time on Tuesday due to the severe injuries he sustained.

Authorities transported the body to a local morgue for post-mortem examination and are investigating the murder. Islamic Shariah allows a man to take as many as four women as his wives with previous consent of his existing wives.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2010-12-23

My dear departed mother was one of those Christmas people. She was widowed and getting very old. She wanted to see her whole family one more time before she died. Unbeknownst to me she invited my two ex wives and children to Christmas dinner along with my new wife. All the wives got together on the phone and decided not to tell me about the fact that everyone would be coming. The total was 8 women and me for Christmas dinner. Dinner itself was a bit strained to put it mildly. After dinner I went into the den to watch football and drink beer. The kids came with me. The women stayed at the dining room table. The kids would make runs to the refrigerator to get me a beer.

My youngest daughter brought back a bucket on one of her beer runs. She explained, “Dad, if you have to pee go in the bucket. It's not safe for you to go anywhere near the those women.

Apparently they had buried the hatchet because they all hated one another and decided it would be better to confine the topic of discussion at Christmas to my flaws and failings. I guess there was a lot to discuss. Eventually I climbed out the window and took a bus home. My mother had a good time.

I kind of feel sorry for the guy.