Speeding Fine, Photo Taken

beano2274

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good idea to make sure your car registration contact address is current as well if you've moved around at all.

Otherwise you don't find out that you've had a ticket mailed to you until you try to pay for your vehicle tax. Not sure (have never gotten a ticket here) if there are any late penalties or not as well...

:)

The speed limit is 120 km and you were caught doing at 122 km...you had exceeded the limit so you broke the law...a law is a law, they are only enforcing it...so just pay up or take them to court...

The photo said 122km/h maybe I was doing less or more, how do I know if the measured speed is correct?

You don`t, and that is where it stops. Frustrating ....yes. But not accepting and trying to fight windmills will be even more frustrating IMHO.

Pay it and move on YOU are the one thats in the wrong ..

Exactly. If worried the accuracy is off a couple km/h drive a few under

That is what they are saying here in Nevada. 70MPH is the max limit. Drive under 70MPH and you are legal, over...and you are illegal. So they are doing a zero tolerance on this particular stretch of very dangerous highway. Ticketing drivers for doing even 71MPH. It has really made a difference.

And yes, they calibrate their radar guns on a regular basis...so hard to fight that one.

What happens if you simply just don't pay the fine ?

Hasn't happened to anyone I know, but the Dept. of Land Transport rep. says they don't allow you to pay your yearly registration tax.

:)

Edited by Heng

The speed limit is 120 km and you were caught doing at 122 km...you had exceeded the limit so you broke the law...a law is a law, they are only enforcing it...so just pay up or take them to court...

The photo said 122km/h maybe I was doing less or more, how do I know if the measured speed is correct?

If you're not even sure yourself what speed you were going at, how can you expect to argue it?

A reply that voiced a lack of respect to fellow members has been removed from view.

Oooooh, Would liked to have read that one. :huh:

Trans, it was me! and it was a good one!!!

Something along the lines of lateral thinking.:ph34r:

Edited by phutoie2

Is it a set fine for speeding or does it vary on your speed over the limit ?

Recently rented a car in Khon Kaen to drive to Chang mai and a month after returning it to Avis noticed an extra 1000 baht had been taken from my credit card.After contacting them (Avis) they informed me I had been caught speeding on camera but I have no prove of this and I doubt they bothered to send the details to the UK address the card is registered at.

Not bothered because I was speeding but can see a nice income stream angle here because everybody "speeds" at some point and tourists are hardly going to fly back to Thailand to fight a speeding fine.

Edited by parryhandy

If you're not even sure yourself what speed you were going at, how can you expect to argue it?

Hit the nail on the head. :lol: ....OP don't just argue for the sake of arguing...argue intelligently.. :jap:

robblok user_popup.png

Just found out my wife just got a ticket for speeding. Also taken by camera. I had to laugh i was sitting next to her at the time and told her she was going much to fast. Now the ticket just arrived with some pictures with it. 10 km too fast 400bt. not much if you ask me.

Was it worth the 400 to be right for once? :lol:

I was riding is a customer's car in Guangzhou not long ago. They had a talking GPS set-up for the driver. It seemed to be programed with all of the speed limits and locations of the traffic cameras. It chewed the driver out if he was speeding, and it warned him 500 meters ahead of the cameras. No excuse for getting a ticket, but it wasn't something that I would want.

Edited by Pacificperson

Please indulge me and work out how many minutes so far of your life you have spent on this issue of yours, then choose a number between 1 and 10 (ten being the most stressed) to describe how stressed and worried you are about this situation. Turn the number into a percentage out of 100. Compound the number of minutes spent by the percentage of stress involved.

Please make a note of this number.

Next, please calculate what monetary value you place on your time as a human being, say in your profession, or just in general your worth, on a per minute basis. Once complete, you can work out pretty much to the satang how much of an idiot you are being.

I hope this helps.

Edited by OxfordWill
  • Like 1

Please indulge me and work out how many minutes so far of your life you have spent on this issue of yours, then choose a number between 1 and 10 (ten being the most stressed) to describe how stressed and worried you are about this situation. Turn the number into a percentage out of 100. Compound the number of minutes spent by the percentage of stress involved.

Please make a note of this number.

Next, please calculate what monetary value you place on your time as a human being, say in your profession, or just in general your worth, on a per minute basis. Once complete, you can work out pretty much to the satang how much of an idiot you are being.

I hope this helps.

As usual Will you come up with the goods in your posts. so using your numbers theory, l give you 10 out of 10. :D

robblok user_popup.png

Just found out my wife just got a ticket for speeding. Also taken by camera. I had to laugh i was sitting next to her at the time and told her she was going much to fast. Now the ticket just arrived with some pictures with it. 10 km too fast 400bt. not much if you ask me.

Was it worth the 400 to be right for once? :lol:

I was riding is a customer's car in Guangzhou not long ago. They had a talking GPS set-up for the driver. It seemed to be programed with all of the speed limits and locations of the traffic cameras. It chewed the driver out if he was speeding, and it warned him 500 meters ahead of the cameras. No excuse for getting a ticket, but it wasn't something that I would want.

Your assuming i paid the fine. she will have to pay it herself as she has her own income and is self sufficient. Im right plenty of times and she just recently got her drivers license. But she is learning to slow down a bit and keep more distance. To be honest i find tailgating much mmore dangerous then speeding (within limits of course)

The GPS in our car also told her she was speeding.. but she did not take much notice of it. I told her ill drive back to Bangkok because your scaring me. (not that she went that fast only 130-135) but still i thought it was too fast there.

If you were clocked at 122kph, then your speedo would have been showing 126kph+, so you knew you were speeding, or even worse you didn't know because you were not paying attention.

All speedo's show a speed faster than you are actually traveling, compere your speed against a gps, or as someone said a police calibrated speedo, and even they have to be re-calibrated, i think its every year.

Pay up and count yourself lucky there are no points on your licence.

so what happens if you get a ticket to your place...but that person(don't know who it is) does not live there...am I responsible...which brings about another question...if they do not make their car payments...would I be responsible for that ?

Did you sign a contract.. have a car on your name.. if not.. don't worry.

[

Did you sign a contract.. have a car on your name.. if not.. don't worry.

No just bought this condo almost 2 years ago...but apparently...whoever he is...stopped make payments on a toyota...and now is getting speed tickets on his Honda. Do I have to notify the court, or can they put a lien against the condo?

Instead of getting pictures of people speeding 2km of the limit, they should be getting the weavers off the road, those without lights, and those without a number plate off the roads.

Like one poster said how is this corruption? You were speeding! 2 KPH or not it's 2 KPH presumably over the limit pay the fine and be done with it.. If you were 5 or 10 below I can see you having a tiff about it..

Instead of getting pictures of people speeding 2km of the limit, they should be getting the weavers off the road, those without lights, and those without a number plate off the roads.

The old.. but others are wrong too so that makes my wrong less wrong defense. You were wrong.. its 400bt.. get over it. I do agree that those are more dangerous things but that does not mean they should not catch you they should catch them all.

Bingo!!! Nail..........................Head

• 1 year later...

We just got a letter with a ticket and photos for going 121 km/h in a 120 km/h zone. 1,000 baht for 1 km too fast. blink.png

Did the pictures look any good, hope the car was cleaned .biggrin.png

They are now taking pictures many times at night on the new stretch of highway going into Pattaya..Strange that there is a fine from the first km overspeed.

The car was (is) nice, but the picture is just a b/w copy on standard A4 paper, nothing to support my ad tongue.png

Yes I agree, I was very surprised to be hit with a fine for speeding 1 km. Mind you, I'm not complaining, just surprised.

And when did it jump from 400 to 1,000 baht? The letter is of course in Thai but my wife insist there are no special reasons listed, i.e. like speeding in an area with workers or anything like that, that would have made it worse in the west.