Route - Pattaya-Surin-Nong Khai

Orac

I have to drive up from Pattaya to Nong Khai in a couple of days, a trip I am very familiar with and usually takes me about 10 hours, however, my wife has asked me if we can go via Surin to drop someone off this time.

Though the Pattaya to Surin bit is fairly straight forward and looks like i just need to get on route 24 the bit from Surin to Nong Khai seems to take me all over the place.

Anyone got any experience of the route from Surin to Nong Khai via Roi-Et and Kalasin or would I be better just tracking back across to route 2???

The 214/215 North of Surin is a single-lane, poor quality surface (esp. between Surin and Suwannaphum) and usually quite heavy with traffic during holidays. Once you get to Mahasarakham you'll be wanting to use #23 to get yourself back onto #2 (the 208 is another slow moving, heavy traffic and largely single-lane road), so you'll be back-tracking a bit anyway. Taking a more direct route from Surin to #2 may be better option, but I'm not familiar with those roads - perhaps someone else can help out?

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

It depends where in Surin you are going if its Surin City then I would say go back towards 2 north of Korat, if its north of Surin head towards Khon Kaen 214 north to2378 west to 2226 west to 2285north to 202 west to 2 then north. I drive these roads all the time.