2011 Pajero Sport Minor Change

I remeber your posts but why the huge gaps. :)

Long suspension travel is required for traction and stability in off-road use: http://www.google.co...spension+travel

Not that you need to go off-road to use big suspension travel, as noted a few times now, suspension travel is the difference between a good tourer and an average one on Thai roads with ppl and luggage. Mine hasn't seen any off-road in the latest road-trip, but as you can see from the shiny patch on the chassis, bump stops were still used:

bumpstop.jpg

The difference between PJS and others in the segment, is that it retains decent amounts of reserve suspension travel and spends a whole lot less time on the bump stops, making it much better behaved on Thai roads when traveling at speed and loaded.

Great Snap's of off roader's. But Im sorry to have to point out that all of them are just that, "off roader's" the Pajero like the Fortuner is a road MPV that can be used at odd time's off road. But no one has mentioned "well only me" That they lean and dip on bend's big time. Fortuner/Pajero both have there fortes' and there + point's. Just think on this, both are MPV's, and can carry a lot of peep's. Regardless of what one you go for, dose anyone want to get into a sticky situation in either one of them without VSC. I know I dont. I'm not sure but what Pajero model has IT. Edited by fredob43

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^^^^^^

Actually in a really sticky situation I would rather have front and rear locking differentials ;)

As far as the Pajero leaning, since I changed my tires and rims, it leans about the same as a sports car. :whistling:

Edited by pampal

^^^^^^^^

Actually in a really sticky situation I would rather have front and rear locking differentials ;)

As far as the Pajero leaning, since I changed my tires and rims, it leans about the same as a sports car. :whistling:

NO: 1 Very good if off road and you would rather have that, than VSC!!!!!! I dont think so.

No: 2. New tire's wheel's another cost's just to make it handle. The soggy/soft suspension is why it leans. Might feel better but it will still do it. + loss of guarantee, good game A.

Jesting aside. I dont know I'll leave it up to the cleaver peep's, Who will know, but with the set up on the Pajero can it handle VSC. If so why has It not been fitted. Even at an extra cost. Top of the range one with VSC would be the best selling MPV by far.... Even with the crappy HiFi set up.

How the does the Alpine head-unit in the new Pajeros interface with USB based Apple products like iPods and such. Is there a way to play audio and video content from say and iPod or iPhone on the stereo system in the Pajero? Also, how is the media controlled, from the iPod's controls or the Alpine unit?

There is a full-speed iPod adaptor available from Alpine, which gives you iPod/iPhone control from the touch screen (~1500 THB). You'll need another smaller adaptor to go in-line with this if using an iPhone (to support charging). There's two different USB modules that can plug straight in and play MP3's from USB sticks, a bluetooth module for phone integration, and at least two options for built-in touch-screen compatible GPS (Alpine and Kamaz).

Is the iPod adaptor available directly from Mitsu dealers or do you have to get them from local Alpine car-audio shops? Also, is there any installation required or is this just something that connects to a plug/jack on the front of the head-unit?

As to the USB sticks for playing music/audio files, is this an included standard accessory that comes with the Alpine unit no the Pajero or again, is this an accessory available from the car dealer?

As to GPS functionality, I don't really need this...I can use Google Map software on my Android phone for this.

Thanks in advance for the info.

^^^^^^^^

NO: 1 Very good if off road and you would rather have that, than VSC!!!!!! I dont think so.

No: 2. New tire's wheel's another cost's just to make it handle. The soggy/soft suspension is why it leans. Might feel better but it will still do it. + loss of guarantee, good game A.

Jesting aside. I dont know I'll leave it up to the cleaver peep's, Who will know, but with the set up on the Pajero can it handle VSC. If so why has It not been fitted. Even at an extra cost. Top of the range one with VSC would be the best selling MPV by far.... Even with the crappy HiFi set up.

Look, NO VSC :huh:

VSC 2.htm

PSS. If you know a dealer either near Khon Kaen, Bangkok or Pattaya which can offer 50k or even 60k on freebies, instead of 40k

then please PM me, because it's a lot of money... every baht is a baht :)

My PM is disabled, so will post here ;)

Try Khun Chun: 089-7671331 - chun.nkc [at] hotmail.com

ok will call him today Moon! Thanks for reading my long message btw lol :)

^^^^^^^^

Look, NO VSC :huh:

VSC 2.htm

Frount VSC rear locking Diff.

PSS. If you know a dealer either near Khon Kaen, Bangkok or Pattaya which can offer 50k or even 60k on freebies, instead of 40k

then please PM me, because it's a lot of money... every baht is a baht :)

My PM is disabled, so will post here ;)

Try Khun Chun: 089-7671331 - chun.nkc [at] hotmail.com

ok will call him today Moon! Thanks for reading my long message btw lol :)

got mail back, but all is in thai... google translate doesnt work that well either...

can i forward the mail to you?

sorry.gif

now i still dont know what freebies he offers, lol...

unless im allowed to post it here ? no idea ....

ps. if you want to keep your mail unknown from the forum, then feel free to let it know by mailing me at [email protected] :)

The Pattaya Mitsubishi dealer offered me tinted windows on a Pajero sport two wheel drive, seemed very un interested in giving more, are these discounts readily available on new model? Thought the Brown was nice in the flesh seems a nice package has anybody drove the 178 bhp version yet, if so is the power upgrade very noticable

The Pattaya Mitsubishi dealer offered me tinted windows on a Pajero sport two wheel drive, seemed very un interested in giving more, are these discounts readily available on new model? Thought the Brown was nice in the flesh seems a nice package has anybody drove the 178 bhp version yet, if so is the power upgrade very noticable

Lots of ting-tong "rich" farangs to pay full-price in Pattaya so why should the car dealers give much in the way of discounts. Also, even for Thais, Chonburi Province has one of the highest per-capita incomes in Thailand at almost US$ 10k per year (3x the countrywide average).

If you want big discounts, try the Mistu dealers in Maha Sarakam or Kalesin...those poor-Issan farmers drive a hard bargain :lol:

<font class="Apple-style-span" color="#1C2837"><span class="Apple-style-span" style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Tahoma; font-size: 13px; ">สวัสดีค่ะ ขอเสนอแคมเปญพิเศษปาเจโร่สปอร์ตรุ่น 2.5 GT 11’ค่ะ

ราคา 1,142,000

ดาวน์ 50% 571,000

ยอดจัด 571,000

ผ่อน 24 เดือน 0% = 23,792

แคมเปญ 1 2WD

· ประกันชั้น 1+พรบ (ซ่อมศูนย์)

. ส่วนลดดอกเบี้ย 30,000 กว่าบาท

. ฟิลม์ 3M (หน้าเต็ม+รอบคัน) รับประกัน 7 ปี

· ชุดจอดูหนังบนเพดาน

. TV จูนเนอร์

· สคัพเพลท

· แผงครอบใต้กันชน

. ฝาครอบกระจกมองข้างมีไฟเลี้ยวไฟหรี่

<p class="ecxmsonormal" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; text-indent: -18pt; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: white; background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial; "> . กล้องมองถอย ABT

Edited by hansje1980

Ui

<font class="Apple-style-span" color="#1C2837"><span class="Apple-style-span" style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Tahoma; font-size: 13px; ">สวัสดีค่ะ ขอเสนอแคมเปญพิเศษปาเจโร่สปอร์ตรุ่น 2.5 GT 11’ค่ะ

ราคา 1,142,000

ดาวน์ 50% 571,000

ยอดจัด 571,000

แคมเปญ 1 2WD

· ชุดจอดูหนังบนเพดาน

. TV จูนเนอร์

· สคัพเพลท

· แผงครอบใต้กันชน

<p class="ecxmsonormal" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; text-indent: -18pt; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: white; background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial; "> . กล้องมองถอย ABT

&lt;deleted&gt;...anyone here read Thai?

(sorry, other post had timeout so my txt was not included)

This is supposed to be the BEST deal in thailand, but i cant rea thai, can anyone translate this ? even my thai mother cant make anything of it, probably to car specific (???)

thanks in advance!

hans

>>

สวัสดีค่ะ ขอเสนอแคมเปญพิเศษปาเจโร่สปอร์ตรุ่น 2.5 GT 11'ค่ะ

ราคา 1,142,000

ดาวน์ 50% 571,000

ยอดจัด 571,000

แคมเปญ 1 2WD

· ชุดจอดูหนังบนเพดาน

. TV จูนเนอร์

· สคัพเพลท

· แผงครอบใต้กันชน

. กล้องมองถอย ABT

. ครอบเบ้ามือจับโครเมี่ยม

. สปอยเล่อร์

· เคลือบสี

· กันสาดข้าง

. พรมปูพื้นเข้ารูป

· กรอบป้ายทะเบียน

· ผ้ายางปูพื้น

· บัตรวีไอพี ลดค่าแรงค่าอะไหล่

. ฟรีค่าแรงตรวจเช็ค 5 ระยะ

. บริการฉุกเฉิน 24 ชม

· บัตรไดมอนด์ รับประกัน 5 ปี /150,000 กม

สอบถามข้อมูลเพิ่มเติมที่ ชุ๊นค่ะ089-7671331

หวังเป็นอย่างยิ่งว่าจะมีโอกาสได้รับใช้นะคะ

แคมเปญ 2 2WD

· ชุดสเกิตร์ชายกันชนหน้าหลัง 4 ชิ้น

. กล้องมองถอย ABT

. ชุดแต่งกาบข้างประตู 4 ชิ้น

. สปอยเล่อร์

· เคลือบสี

· กันสาดข้าง

. พรมปูพื้นเข้ารูป

· กรอบป้ายทะเบียน

· ผ้ายางปูพื้น

· บัตรวีไอพี ลดค่าแรงค่าอะไหล่

. ฟรีค่าแรงตรวจเช็ค 5 ระยะ

. บริการฉุกเฉิน 24 ชม

· บัตรไดมอนด์ รับประกัน 5 ปี /150,000 กม

สอบถามข้อมูลเพิ่มเติมที่ ชุ๊นค่ะ089-7671331

หวังเป็นอย่างยิ่งว่าจะมีโอกาสได้รับใช้นะคะ

Edited by hansje1980

Yes :D

Price: 1,142,000 Baht

Downpayment: 571,000 (50%)

Financed amount: 571,000

Repayment Schedule: 24 months @ 23,792/mth (0% interest)

Offer #1 (2WD):

• First class insurance + Por Ror Bor (road tax)
  • Interest discounted > 30,000 Baht (I guess that means how much you save with 0% interest rate on offer)
  • 3M Window tint (7 years warranty)
  • Roof mounted LCD TV
  • TV Tuner module
  • Scuff plates
  • Rear bumper garnish
  • Side mirror covers with LED
  • Reversing camera
  • Chrome door handle covers
  • Rear roof spoiler
  • Paint protection (sealant)
  • Weathershields
  • Carpet floor mats
  • License plate covers
  • Rubber floor mats
  • VIP card for discounted parts
  • Free first 5 services
  • 24 hour emergency service
  • Diamond warranty - 5 years/150,000 KM

Offer #2 (2WD):

• Interest discounted > 30,000 Baht
  • 4 piece body kit
  • Reversing camera
  • Side cladding (4 pcs)
  • Rear roof spolier
  • Weathershields
  • Carpet floor mats
  • License plate covers
  • Rubber floor mats
  • Free first 5 services

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Is the iPod adaptor available directly from Mitsu dealers or do you have to get them from local Alpine car-audio shops? Also, is there any installation required or is this just something that connects to a plug/jack on the front of the head-unit?

As to the USB sticks for playing music/audio files, is this an included standard accessory that comes with the Alpine unit no the Pajero or again, is this an accessory available from the car dealer?

As to GPS functionality, I don't really need this...I can use Google Map software on my Android phone for this.

Thanks in advance for the info.

Dealer may be able to supply the iPod adaptor, but they'll be sourcing it from an Alpine dealer so will probably get marked up. If you can DIY install, buy from ebay, if not an Alpine dealer will probably be cheaper than Mitsubishi.

Phone GPS are usually somewhere between pretty average to downright useless at locking onto positioning satellites while moving (esp. in BKK and out in the country). Dedicated GPS systems perform flawlessly everywhere though. Still, try it out first I guess :)

Sales service at all Pattaya dealerships is famously atrocious, and farang have no chance of getting a good deal there. Service department there is fine however (have serviced my PJS twice), if a little slow..Buy from BKK and service it in Pattaya :D

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Offer #1 (2WD):

• Interest discounted > 30,000 Baht (I guess that means how much you save with 0% interest rate on offer)
  • Roof mounted LCD TV
  • TV Tuner module
  • Scuff plates
  • Rear bumper garnish
  • Reversing camera
  • Rear roof spoiler
  • Weathershields
  • Carpet floor mats
  • License plate covers
  • Rubber floor mats
  • Free first 5 services

Offer #2 (2WD):

• 4 piece body kit
  • Reversing camera
  • Side cladding (4 pcs)
  • Rear roof spolier
  • Weathershields
  • Carpet floor mats
  • License plate covers
  • Rubber floor mats
  • Free first 5 services

:jap:

Offer #1 (2WD):

• Roof mounted LCD TV
  • TV Tuner module
  • Scuff plates
  • Rear bumper garnish
  • Reversing camera
  • Rear roof spoiler
  • Weathershields
  • Carpet floor mats
  • License plate covers
  • Rubber floor mats
  • Free first 5 services

Offer #2 (2WD):

• 4 piece body kit
  • Reversing camera
  • Side cladding (4 pcs)
  • Rear roof spolier
  • Weathershields
  • Carpet floor mats
  • License plate covers
  • Rubber floor mats
  • Free first 5 services

:jap:

THANKS MRO!!! my hero :)

offer seems to be nice, however, i want alarm + alpine system with maps & gps.... much better as using my phone or having an seperated device ... doesnt look nice :/

any idea what the prices are for these Khun MRO ??? Alarm + lcd navigation (gps) :)

Hans

offer seems to be nice, however, i want alarm + alpine system with maps & gps.... much better as using my phone or having an seperated device ... doesnt look nice :/

any idea what the prices are for these Khun MRO ??? Alarm + lcd navigation (gps) :)

Hans

All models come with and OEM alarm standard, if you want aftermarket prices range from around 3,000 Baht to 45,000 Baht.

GPS that integrates with the touch screen costs 16k - 20k (Alpine or Kamaz).

While I'm 100% against the "ghetto" look when it comes to interior accessories, I would still use my garmin in the right corner of the dash no matter if the car had GPS built-in or not. In that location it's in line-of-sight, so no need to take eyes off the road, and incredibly useful as a guide to upcoming POI's and for corners when travelling at speed (esp. at night).

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Hans

All models come with and OEM alarm standard, if you want aftermarket prices range from around 3,000 Baht to 45,000 Baht.

GPS that integrates with the touch screen costs 16k - 20k (Alpine or Kamaz).

While I'm 100% against the "ghetto" look when it comes to interior accessories, I would still use my garmin in the right corner of the dash no matter if the car had GPS built-in or not. In that location it's in line-of-sight, so no need to take eyes off the road, and incredibly useful as a guide to upcoming POI's and for corners when travelling at speed (esp. at night).

thanks once again khun mro :)

I detest add-on, cigarette lighter plugged accessories as well, but in this case I must again agree with MRO. I spent the extra money on the Kamaz unit because I wanted the clean factory installed look, but if I had to do it over again I would just use the Garmin windshield mount as MRO says. I use that system in my Navara and it works very well.

Why winshield mount, or is the gps connection much better? Or only because of the position of the map?

Im already used to navigate through a builtin screen in my car back in europe. If connection is same quality i prefer builtin...

Looking forward to your reply cdninks :)

There are 2 different ways to go with Alpine. One is the add-on handheld unit that uses an interface cable to display on the main screen, normally this is strung to let the unit sit in the glove box. Then there are the built in units that are hidden away and interface with the built in screen. That is the way I went with Kamaz unit. GPS is GPS, where the difference lies is in the user interface and the maps. Kamaz uses Speednavi maps and actually I find the maps and directions a bit better than Garmin, but that is where it stops. For an example to get the PS display to show you a map of where you currently are on a day to day basis, takes many finger inputs, whereas the Garmin just automatically displays as soon as you start the car (or after a few seconds).

Each to their own, but for the price I paid for the look of having a built in GPS compared to what I paid for a Garmin NUVI (in Canada) it is a no brainer that the Garmin would have done the job, especially since I live in Hua Hin and the only time I use the GPS is when we venture into BKK and that is only every few months.

Good luck whichever way you go.

Edited by CDNinKS

^^^^^^^^

Would definitely rather have locking difs off road, rather than VSC. VSC kicks in during cornering and slippage on road and is next to useless in mud, I am talking off road. If you can't handle your car on road and need a computer to do that for you, that's your choice.

You can read more about VSC here:

http://www.sonirodban.com/vehicle-stability-control-vsc.html

If the suspension was soggy/soft as you suggest, than it would sag severely when loaded with weight. It does not as I have loaded my PJS with 5 ppl and their gear. On the other hand the Fortuner sags heavily when loaded with half the weight that I put in my PJS. So you second argument is like your first, lacking in substance.

Oh and lastly, the tires that are supplied with the PJS are good dual use tire with a high profile. That is what causes some lean in the corners. But they are great for off roading. You can't have it both ways.

Edited by pampal

Any info on torque figures? Flat like the tafelberg (table mountain) in Cape town?

At this tuning (178HP) the engine is capable of making 400Nm from 1800 RPM, but this may or may not be tuned down to suit the different AT boxes (some markets are tuned as low as 350Nm, others have the full 400Nm). Effective torque on the 5-speed (4WD) model will be even better than all competing brands of course, due to the shorter gearing.

Will update when more solid info comes through.

I test drove the new 2.5 PJS GT 4x4 today,and in the new Brown colour, which isn't to bad at all. The New engine is quite torquey but i thought a little noisier than my 2010 3.2lt. The major difference was the 5 speed box which has a much crisper change when in the manual- Paddle shift mode than the old 4 speed, it really is quick by comparison and with the new Turbo you seem to be in the power band at each change up, no slip or lag, which ever you like to call it, and on the down change the same applies and allows more efficient engine braking as you come into corners. I tried to get the Service Manager to get in my 3.2 and line the 2 up to see the difference in acceleration but he wouldn't as the dealership owners son was with us during the test, but maybe i'll get him on monday when the son isn't around. There is also no rear end Diff whine at any speed in the test car so i immediately said where is my new Diff from Japan, the best they could tell me was that it was still swimming across from Japan, but it is coming. Apart from that the car feels just the same. I did ask if the new electric seats could lay right back flat, but they hadn't tried it yet as in the old model the electric seat cannot whereas the manually operated seat does as shown in the brocure,but thats just a trivial thing. I'm surprised that they still havn't put badges to define the different models, they could easily use the GT badge from the sedan. All in all i think the big plus is the 5 speed box. I think i will have to wait for the first write off in the area grab the box out of it.:rolleyes:

^^^^^^^^

Would definitely rather have locking difs off road, rather than VSC. VSC kicks in during cornering and slippage on road and is next to useless in mud, I am talking off road. If you can't handle your car on road and need a computer to do that for you, that's your choice.

You can read more about VSC here:

http://www.sonirodba...ontrol-vsc.html

If the suspension was soggy/soft as you suggest, than it would sag severely when loaded with weight. It does not as I have loaded my PJS with 5 ppl and their gear. On the other hand the Fortuner sags heavily when loaded with half the weight that I put in my PJS. So you second argument is like your first, lacking in substance.

Oh and lastly, the tires that are supplied with the PJS are good dual use tire with a high profile. That is what causes some lean in the corners. But they are great for off roading. You can't have it both ways.

I dont know about you but I tend to travel on the road more time's than off. May I suggest that you read the last bit of the post about VSC, That by the way you CANT USE OFF ROAD, And maybe you might change your mind. And may I also say that if I had put a post in like your's without first thinking or fireing up my computer to allow me to drive better, I think I might have been talking out of my bum. Just another point while I'm at it, when your off roading can you see out of your SMALL rear window any better??? As it's almost 6 inches smaller than the Fortuner. Not to mention the bump top and bottom that's in the center of it. I await your reply with great excitement. Or maybe a little trepidation

Back in bkk soon!!!! Time to buy car with offer #2!! ;-)

MRO you know address of his showroom so i can order my pjs and pay deposit? Thanks in advance once again :)

Ps. Waittime overthere after deposit? 2 wk's? :s

Wait time depends on dealer stock levels, some dealerships have stock available immediately. Best you contact the sales rep to ask this (and make a booking to reserve stock), and also ask which of their dealerships has the model/color you're ordering (which may not be the their 'home' dealership).

Any info on torque figures? Flat like the tafelberg (table mountain) in Cape town?

At this tuning (178HP) the engine is capable of making 400Nm from 1800 RPM, but this may or may not be tuned down to suit the different AT boxes (some markets are tuned as low as 350Nm, others have the full 400Nm). Effective torque on the 5-speed (4WD) model will be even better than all competing brands of course, due to the shorter gearing.

is the 3.2 still avaliable as can not find price for 2011 models

is the 3.2 still avaliable as can not find price for 2011 models

Production of the 3.2L engine ceased back in early December 2010, so your only chance will be a dealer with old stock, or to buy used.