PM Abhisit Admits Thaksin Lives In Dubai

webfact

PM says Thaksin in Dubai

BANGKOK, 26 December 2010 (NNT) - Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva has admitted that Former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawattra is living in Dubai, but reiterated that he would not allow the former Prime Minister to be involved in any political movements.

In light of reports that a group of Phue Thai party members have gone to to Dubai to see of former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawattra, Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva has admitted that the former Premier has been living in the Middle East state. However,the Dubai government has confirmed that it will not allow Mr. Thaksin to be involved in any political movements or use its country as a political base.

He has also conceded the extradition agreement does not cover the case of Thaksin nature.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2010-12-26 footer_n.gif

What with a election coming up the Phue Thai party had no choice but to go and make arrangements for the transfer of the money into there election account. :D

I wonder if they will try to come up with a plan to work for the betterment of Thailand. A tough choice for them.

Appeal to the voters and cut off there supply of money or keep the gravy train rolling and f@#%#$^& the voters.

Given there track record we all know the answer to that choice. B)

What with a election coming up the Phue Thai party had no choice but to go and make arrangements for the transfer of the money into there election account. :D

I wonder if they will try to come up with a plan to work for the betterment of Thailand. A tough choice for them.

Appeal to the voters and cut off there supply of money or keep the gravy train rolling and f@#%#$^& the voters.

Given there track record we all know the answer to that choice. B)

This country of residence, is his choice, stop there -or go elsewhere, as long as you stop the sh-t stirring, suppose you,ll be buying friends with your wealth, like you bought votes in Thailand. without money and you have no friends. Think about your homeland, and leave the people alone. you made your dosh-stay put.

May be it 's time for me to start to learn English. Can anyone explain to me why PM Abhisit 'admitted' that k. Thaksin is living in Dubai? Did the PM try to hide him there?

Nothing to admit to. He simply stated that it is known Thaksin lives there.

The interesting tidbit is that he stated that the extradition treaty is not good enough in Dubai,

which may have quite a bit why Thaksin has chosen Dubai.

May be it 's time for me to start to learn English. Can anyone explain to me why PM Abhisit 'admitted' that k. Thaksin is living in Dubai? Did the PM try to hide him there?

I also found that an odd choice of words.

.....and Chieng Mai is getting a Holywood :D as a present from the boys by the Creek in ...Dub..........

Remake of Rudolf Valentinos Sheik of the Desert ...me thinks ...on the cards.....anyone want to sell them some sand :D

They went to see the person all #RedShirt apologists claim isn't the one playing the tunes they dance to...

Red Shirt = PTP = Thaksin

is still the valid formula...

Thai Opposition to Discuss New Leader with Former PM

Some MPs of the opposition Puea Thai Party will travel to Dubai Sunday to discuss the political situation and new Party Leader with former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, a Puea Thai MP said on Saturday. Puea Thai Party MP Chaiya Promma said his MPs group would propose to the ex-premier that List MP and former Finance Minister Mingkwan Saengsuwan be made the new Party Leader to lead the opposition camp in the forthcoming general election.

Thaksin, ousted by the military coup in 2006, was known to be the power broker of the opposition party. Puea Thai has a strong hold at the northeastern part of the country. Chaiya admitted that many MPs of Puea Thai Party were worried about the next election as there was no clear cut on the person to lead their party in the upcoming polls. He said even though Puea Thai Party receives strong support from local people in the North and Northeast, the party still has the problem of popularity in the Central, South and other regions that are not its strongholds.

"This is because the eligible voters in these areas, particularly the silent power groups, do not know who would lead Puea Thai in fighting against the Democrats in the next general election. If Puea Thai keeps on walking without a clear direction, it could face severe problems in the future," the Bangkok Post online quoted Chiwa as saying.

Continues:

http://english.cri.cn/6966/2010/12/25/2741s611990.htm

Xinhua - December 25, 2010

I also found that an odd choice of words.

I guess what he admitted is that Thailand knows where he is - previously the official line was that they're searching for him internationally.

Interesting about the extradition treaty - I suppose asking for his extradition and getting shot down would be a huge loss of face and so they don't even try. Thaksin has good lawyers and can make a case that the charges against him are politically motivated. After all his elected government was removed by a military coup.

I guess what he admitted is that Thailand knows where he is - previously the official line was that they're searching for him internationally.

Interesting about the extradition treaty - I suppose asking for his extradition and getting shot down would be a huge loss of face and so they don't even try. Thaksin has good lawyers and can make a case that the charges against him are politically motivated. After all his elected government was removed by a military coup.

At the time of the September 2006 coup there was no elected government. K. Thaksin had called for a snap election in February. As opposition parties boycotted the elections he won it in April. Following had the election result cancelled, stepped down, came back and started to undermine democratic principles in a big way. The new elections would have been October 2006. So no elected government at that time.

I grant you it's easy for him to say the prosecution of him is politically motivated and nearly impossible to prove beyond doubt it's not.

The interesting tidbit is that he stated that the extradition treaty is not good enough in Dubai,

That's possible.

It's also possible that Abhisit was acknowledging extradition is unlikely anywhere given the primary political motivation of any request.He's not going to acknowledge that openly but unlike many who have ranted about this subject the PM is an intelligent man who understands these matters well.No civilised country would extradite Thaksin.

That's possible.

It's also possible that Abhisit was acknowledging extradition is unlikely anywhere given the primary political motivation of any request.He's not going to acknowledge that openly but unlike many who have ranted about this subject the PM is an intelligent man who understands these matters well.No civilised country would extradite Thaksin.

Any civilised country would require proof beyond doubt that the case is not politically motivated. Impossible to do.

Mind you, some civilised countries choose the next best option: 'no visa'.

That's a very valid point.

Still generally on this subject the public has been fed a pack of lies by little Kasit and others.Many Thaksin obsessives on this forum were taken in.

That's a very valid point.

Still generally on this subject the public has been fed a pack of lies by little Kasit and others. Many Thaksin obsessives on this forum were taken in.

Politicians of any color tend to tell what they think you want to hear, but qualifying that as a 'pack of lies' is a bit strong. I think statements were phrased sufficiently vague, mostly 'we are trying', 'the process has been started', 'we investigate'.

I think even Thaksin obsessives realise this government would rather have k. Thaksin stay away than return to Thailand to be apprehended. It's only when k. Noppadon or k. Prompong suggest k. Thaksin will go see some commssion or another that the government starts it's spin again to keep k. Thaksin hopping around, unsettled. No surprise what so ever.

The Dubai government has said that it won't let DL run a political-movement from his current base there.

But don't you think that they might notice yet-another group of PTP-MPs flying-in, to consult with the non-political one ?

Or are they simply glad of the extra tourist-business, as their economy falters, perhaps DL should offer to buy a diamond-mine or run a state-lottery for them, to ensure his continued freedom to break their stated rules ? B)

<snip for brevity>

Thai Opposition to Discuss New Leader with Former PM

Some MPs of the opposition Puea Thai Party will travel to Dubai Sunday to discuss the political situation and new Party Leader with former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, a Puea Thai MP said on Saturday.

<snip for brevity>

Given his experience with his first nominee-PM, who seemed to many to become much more independent once he'd actually got elected, it will indeed be a sensitive decision as to who he should 'bless' this time round.

But if he fails to make a decision soon, PTP may not be ready for an early-election, which recent moves by the current coalition-government suggests might be only just around the corner. And a failure of direction can only accelerate the gradual crumbling of the TRT/PPP/now-PTP coalition of special-interest groups & regional power-brokers.

Throw in the return to politics in a couple of years' time, of the 5-year-ban experienced-politicians, there is already considerable uncertainty about the chances of PTP to hold together. The 'friends of Newin' were potentially only the first breakaway group, individual MPs continue to vote the wrong way, and be censured or banished from the party.

However,the Dubai government has confirmed that it will not allow Mr. Thaksin to be involved in any political movements or use its country as a political base.

How will this be enforced? What is the punishment if he is found to be "involved in any political movements" whilst in Dubai?

Some Pheu Thai MPs had a meeting with him in Dubai yesterday. Wouldn't that fit into the category of using Dubai "as a political base"?

However,the Dubai government has confirmed that it will not allow Mr. Thaksin to be involved in any political movements or use its country as a political base.

How will this be enforced? What is the punishment if he is found to be "involved in any political movements" whilst in Dubai?

Some Pheu Thai MPs had a meeting with him in Dubai yesterday. Wouldn't that fit into the category of using Dubai "as a political base"?

That's why they're calling it a social occasion for the new year.

I think even Thaksin obsessives realise this government would rather have k. Thaksin stay away than return to Thailand to be apprehended. It's only when k. Noppadon or k. Prompong suggest k. Thaksin will go see some commssion or another that the government starts it's spin again to keep k. Thaksin hopping around, unsettled. No surprise what so ever.

You state a rational position with which I agree.

However on this very forum (the usual suspects of course) there are those who maintained he is bound, for fear of extradition, to hop in a panic from one third world hell hole to another.It's a dreamworld they inhabit, fuelled I agree by the likes of little Kasit, because long ago they lost the ability to think rationally about Thaksin and his influence.

However on this very forum (the usual suspects of course) there are those who maintained he is bound, for fear of extradition, to hop in a panic from one third world hell hole to another.It's a dreamworld they inhabit, fuelled I agree by the likes of little Kasit, because long ago they lost the ability to think rationally about Thaksin and his influence.

Has Thaksin ever returned to Malaysia since the report on 2009-07-06 that he was almost arrested there?: Thaksin Nearly Arrested

Good!

let's hope he will stay in Dubai?

where his Meddling,Rabble Rousing,and Incitement to Anarchism & Terrorism,in Thailand can be kept to some semblance of a minimum.

I think that you do not understand the meaning of the word 'anarchy' - to you it is probably just a swear word, just like fascist / communist / sex pat / etc.

And as for terrorism.... was Mandela not a terrorist?

And before the afgans became terrorists, were they not anti rusky freedom fighters?

This is not a bar.

Abhisit felt that it is his fault letting Thaksin stay in Dubai. ?

Maybe, I should take the class with you bah.gif