Working On A Settlement Visa

Me and my wife married in Thailand, I've come back to the UK and my wife has got her settlement visa and will be following me in a few weeks. She's very independent when it comes to money and is eager to be working as quick as possible. I've arranged a job for her in a friend's bakery but I want to make sure everything's legal. Saw another thread mention it stating "No work" on the entry clearance. Her's only says "No recourse to public funds" and I understand she should be allowed to work, but I think she's got to get a national insurance number first. Can she get this now and if so, how do we go about it? Thanks in advance for any help

If she has a settlement visa, she can work as soon as she enters the UK, for national insurance number. see here - http://www.workgateways.com/working-uk-taxation-ni-number.html

Dont forget to get as many bills, council tax etc., in joint names to help with the ILR, process down the line.

Edited by steve187

Thanks for the quick response. Sounds simple enough.

You've got me going off topic in my own thread now. I'm a young guy and were going to be living with my parents for a bit, hence no bills. I didn't realise I'd starting needing more evidence that she's been living with me in the UK or whatever, the lack of exit stamps should prove that. Thought it was just the KOL test and another big fee. I'm happy to open a joint bank account with her. Any other suggestions? Can she be on the electoral register? Sorry, there are probably other threads going about this already.

Ignore my last post. Been reading up in on the UKBA website. They've given some other good examples on the application form. Letters from the DVLA about driving licence, letter from the local GP when she registers etc. She'll no doubt get a contract phone once she's working and i'll turn on my paper statements again. Should be fairly simple. Glad someone mentioned it to me early though, as they want a nice spread over the two years. Thanks steve187