What Are You Doing For Ny'S?

grumpyoldman

They are currently setting up the beer stalls on the beach road in Patong, Well ok, just dropping off the Carlsberg big beer tanks and the tables and chairs. But, for sure I know there will be beer!!!!!

I have to figure out where I can hangout until my companion gets off shift at 00:00hrs and then goes to bed. We celebrate New Years on the night of Jan 1. wink.gif Before then I am allowed to look at the girls.

Considering the rain in the afternoon these past two days and the current overcast skies, I wonder if it is going to be ok for new years eve. It would totally ruin alot of peoples' night out if it rained. One thing is certain I will not be drinking and driving.smile.gif

Going to Kata to eat with a few friends, then get drunk, hit the road to Patong, get more drunk on beach road, 12:00 will see the fireworks from a friends apartment on the 24th floor, the fireworks should go of right in front of us, if we are sober enough to see it :)

Hard Rock Cafe Phuket for NYE? No thanks, I'll pass...the tickets for the event are way over-priced (even for HRC standards) and that Filipino band doesn't know the words to half of the songs they attempt to sing. Kudos to them for investing in the light show, though, I do hope it's worth the price! :rolleyes: Post a follow-up on here after NYE, please.

I think I'm with GOM on the whole NYE thing...day at the beach and drinks around the neighborhood.

Hard Rock Cafe Phuket for NYE? No thanks, I'll pass...the tickets for the event are way over-priced (even for HRC standards) and that Filipino band doesn't know the words to half of the songs they attempt to sing. Kudos to them for investing in the light show, though, I do hope it's worth the price! :rolleyes: Post a follow-up on here after NYE, please.

I think I'm with GOM on the whole NYE thing...day at the beach and drinks around the neighborhood.

Once heard a Filipino band in Phuket doing Dylan's "Knocking on Heaven's Door".

The line that goes "Lord take this badge off of me" they had as "Lord take this bad job off of me". I died laughing, LOVED IT !

I will sail from Chalong to Bang tao then see who has the biggest bang anam puri or trisara with shearton and the banyan tree in reserve. may well be passed out buy the witching hour, But anyway what ever you do have a good one and raise a toast to the end of a decade that I think most would wish had never happened.!