New French Restaurant

butterisbetter

Went last night with two women for a birthday. One was French, the other Swiss. I was bowled over by the charm, friendliness, decor and mais bien sure the food of La Fourchette. The acid test were the ringers dining with me, who recognized several items on the menu that were regional and perfectly done. Additionally they serve French wines at French room temperature!;)- not tropically warm or previously frozen, as is often the case in places here. My one friend almost teared up when she saw the steak to be pink inside as she had requested. 'Oh I never see really rare before in Thailand.'

The price was more than reasonable, and I commend their effort to serve authentic and high quality food at accessible prices.

They do not take credit cards! The momentary awkwardness was parried with a friendly motion to the nearby ATM machine. I suspect it was a well worn drill.

FYI there is an original signed Tin Tin in the loo for any true Francophiles.

Served wine yesterday?

Actually one of the better places to find a good range of beer and wine this holiday weekend, is at the CM International Food Fest that is sponsored by the TAT!:whistling:

Went last night with two women for a birthday. One was French, the other Swiss. I was bowled over by the charm, friendliness, decor and mais bien sure the food of La Fourchette. The acid test were the ringers dining with me, who recognized several items on the menu that were regional and perfectly done. Additionally they serve French wines at French room temperature!;)- not tropically warm or previously frozen, as is often the case in places here. My one friend almost teared up when she saw the steak to be pink inside as she had requested. 'Oh I never see really rare before in Thailand.'

The price was more than reasonable, and I commend their effort to serve authentic and high quality food at accessible prices.

They do not take credit cards! The momentary awkwardness was parried with a friendly motion to the nearby ATM machine. I suspect it was a well worn drill.

FYI there is an original signed Tin Tin in the loo for any true Francophiles.

Served wine yesterday?