Farang Bar Owner

bartender100

Can anyone explain to me why people can't expect quality service in a whorehouse?

Good point.

Perhaps it's because bar beers and GoGos are NOT whorehouses, that the service is sometimes poor.

There is a famous place in Bangkok that is a whorehouse, and I've been told the service is excellent.

I think LIFE is too short to worry about 1 bad beer

Get over it and drink somewhere else!!!!!!!!!

Simple

Yes, of course, but where does it end? If we allow one bad beer without creating an international incident, what's next? Bad fish and chips? Bad copy t-shirts? Rotten chicken? We as expats united must draw the line somewhere!

Interesting comments, i am not really bothered on way or the other, but the point is if you buy any beer from a shack on the beach to a 5 star hotel, if its off it should be replaced , particularly as the owner was involved. As one poster pointed out, there has been a problem with SML recently, the owner would have surly known this.

Should i name the bar?

I should think that he would of known about it but I think he was wrong not to change it, I drink San Mig also and I'm also a bar owner as you know and I personally have poured away at least 3 bottles personally in my bar in a night and like you i've had bad bottles in other bars, some were changed, some were refused.

Recently the quality of San Mig has been ok but earlier last year I refused to order it from our supplier and bought it from Makro, they changed our stock once I did this, the funny thing is with San Mig is the date on it, you can have a month old bottle that still tastes like <deleted>, most bars i've had bad bottles in i've actually asked the service to try it, most of the time they changed it after tasting it.

:)

as ex go go manager we had 3 bars to work, all 3 managers would have changed the beer and kept the customer, usually if it tasted ok we simply necked it ourself, if it was off check dates on bottle, etc staff never understood stock rotation. if they are a big buyer which they should be supplier would have took it back anyway. bad management in bars here, but most are just fall guys for the owners for when the BIB come around. also get paid a pittance

There is a famous place in Bangkok that is a whorehouse, and I've been told the service is excellent.

You must be mistaken. That would be against the law in Thailand. :huh:

I could explain, but might get a posting holiday.

:D

The owner of the "Chiangmai Salon" Loi Kroh road bought me a beer, I fell out with the staff, the food I ordered was just not right, all wrong and the normal attitude of staff came into play, (any cock-up staff have to pay) so they just stood there…….smiling…….hoping I'd just SU and FO! I don't lose the plot very often, but in this case the magma was on the move…………The boss appeared, gave them a verbal bitch slap for being dumb changed the food and got me a beer, Bottom line I still go in there. I always judge not by how they are when all is well, more how it get dealt with when it all goes wrong.

Edited by Tonto21

it does happen as does the one where the staff buy a case or two of beer from the wholesaler and sell it to customers while the boss is away and keep the profit for them self, if you think they dont pour half your san mig into an empty and top it up with cheap draft then your blind, if you dont beleive it then do a looky looky behind some bars in walking street and you will see a few open bottle behind the counter.

Most however you will see them opening the bottle from the fridge, but some do that then switch it with one behind the counter.

Personally I tend to prefer bars that are under Thai ownership. Don't know why and I don't have an issue with Farang ownership in itself, but it just seems that Farangs often over-manage, which results in staff that are not as happy and relaxed as they could be, which in turns affects the customer experience negatively.

Of course there are esxceptions with great Farang owners and pretty sad Thai owners, but I'm still noticing a difference.

if you think they dont pour half your san mig into an empty and top it up with cheap draft then your blind,

Pull the other leg for a while. :giggle:

Ulysses

I think your spot on, why would a bartender not do it, its B110+ in his pocket, i have NOT been a "bartender100" for 30 years, but when i was in the States bartendening you would dream up any idea to increase your meager wage as a team, the fact that lots of farang guys in Thailand don't finish a whole bottle would be to tempting to guys working the bars here, it would be to easy (i am not saying it was a trick i ever used).

I think the only answer is to carry a small opener, and open your own beer in places you don't trust, then the owners might start asking the question why are guys doing this, and check a bit more thoroughly on what there staff are doing, a couple of small cams watching the bar would be a deterrent.

BTW i always order SML with no lime, once i had a beer that tasted of lime, figure that one out!

Scotto

"I think LIFE is too short to worry about 1 bad beer

Get over it and drink somewhere else!!!!!!!!!

Simple"

This is not an issue over one bad beer, as others have confirmed its a lot more than one, apart from anything else there is a heath issue if this sort of thing is happening regularly.

I certainly agree with you "life is to short to worry" but when it comes to people messing about with my beer NO lol