Garbage Disposal

DougLee

Doug these have been around over 20 years...i had one in my kitche in uk..i had numerous problems with it eg blocking .. accidently putting cutlery in it etc.. in the end i took it out it was more trouble than it as worth

I find that my dogs do an excellent job of on food waste. Why complicate your life with a gadget that will fail due to tea spoons and in my experience condoms!

paulfromphuket - dare we ask how you got a condom stuck in you waste disposal? Thats really not 'safe ___' laugh.gif

OP, what is your sink sewer line attached to? My house has a black water septic and a grey water for the shower and sinks, You really don't want to put anything you don't have to down either one. My house in the US has a nice new garbage disposal in the kitchen sink, but it's drain is connected to a 3 stage water treatment plant... Much different systems...

most houses here have septic systems or cess pools....

not town sewer pipe as in other countries..

foodscraps and chemicials i/e draino kill the natural micropes that eat the waste

and causes solid buid ups in septic tanks and eventually septic system failure

most houses here have septic systems or cess pools....

not town sewer pipe as in other countries..

foodscraps and chemicials i/e draino kill the natural micropes that eat the waste

and causes solid buid ups in septic tanks and eventually septic system failure

No houses here have town sewer pipes

all have septic for toilets

and if they are legally build, they have grey water tank/grease trap for kitchen sink

It goes without saying they cant handle garbage-waste, only polluted water. and the more detergent used, the less efficient

Not 100% related, but can anyone advise if I can bring garbage directly to the "Garbage Man"? I have about 20 boxes of useless items and don't want to leave them out on the road. Prefer Patong.

all garbage is brought to the incinator in Phuket town. Suggest you look for the public garbage truck (yellow/orange) to pass by, and ask if they can handle it all

Not 100% related, but can anyone advise if I can bring garbage directly to the "Garbage Man"? I have about 20 boxes of useless items and don't want to leave them out on the road. Prefer Patong.

all garbage is brought to the incinator in Phuket town. Suggest you look for the public garbage truck (yellow/orange) to pass by, and ask if they can handle it all

They burn stuff? they have mountains of garbage and i have never seen fire come out of the incinerators..

Do see a lot of people walking on the garbage picking up stuff covered in animal poo and old food though.