Girlfriend Doesn'T Ask For Money

sambai

Girlfriend Doesn'T Ask For Money

I'm trying to think, where else would this warrant a post on an internet forum?

I've always wondered if somewhere on the internet there is a forum for Japanese men married to white chicks living in American trailer parks, dealing with the daily adventures of the scamming parents, meth head siblings, and drunken thieving neighbors.

Hilarious.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that the guy i quoted used 'tilac' means he's a monger, so maybe i should of not answered him.

Not actually true .... teerak is widely used in the general population.

Anyway, when you go to the pet shop the ugly mutt always costs less than the pretty little pedigree.

Nobody is really surprised by that.

sounds like someone is stuck with a not so good looking bargirl and is jealous of us with moneymaking stunners. :jap:

In 14 years of living in Thailand i'm still waiting for the first farang friend or acquaintance that tells me his lady isn't after his money or is happy to go to work and contribute to paying the incoming bills.

It's a fact that unless you buy them a business which many idiots do (mostly bars) 99% per cent of our tilacs wouldn't bring shame on themselves with having to work for a living and put some money into the bill paying pot.

Are there any exceptions to that?

Let's say i've yet to meet one.

My lady once helped me in my Guesthouse business in Phuket and her friends asked her why she was working when she has a rich farang, where all her gold was and how much was I paying her every month.

my gf makes from 40-100k baht a month and is now paying our mortgage instead of me. and works 12-14hrs a day many days out of the week.

my only real friend in thailand has a lawyer for a gf and she makes 10times his salary, his ex was an international engineer, she made 3 times his salary

Ive seen a lot more of these cases, i just dont know them enough to post accurate infos

The fact that the guy i quoted used 'tilac' means he's a monger, so maybe i should of not answered him.

It is not your mortgage it is her mortgage. Why wouldn't she pay it?

Usually those that use 'tirak' DID meet their girls in a less proper setting. Not because there is a cause and effect, but because less educated girls might not be fluent in English and use the word themselves to their 'man' etc.

That's a huge generalisation. I've called all my aussie gf's darling, why wouldn't I call a gf from any other country darling. It's just standard. But if someone is afraid to call their gf or missus darling then that is up to them.

Perhaps a certain poster got all upset at everyone calling his gf 'teerak' because she used to work in a bar and is in denial.

But really, just assuming a girl is a bar girl because a farang calls her teerak is just something quite strange.

I was scammed by a Thai women who when dating never ask for a thing. I offered to buy her shoes, basic things at very little cost and she flatly refused.

Everywhere we went in LOS she got good deals buy haggling with the owners. I was lead to believe that this person who I eventually married (the most stupid I have ever done in my life) was a decent honest woman who cared for me.

Within three months of arrival to the UK this evil person I married could not stop spending. At first she was going for the bargains and shopping sensibly. But after a year she turned into an extremely greedy bitch.

Near the end of the divorce (I divorced her) she demanded 75% of my wealth for a one year marriage. She received 2%.

This particular individual planned this deception right from the start.

Do not be fooled by these cunning,deceitful,treacherous,ladies......

Not saying everyone is like this....but......

That's a huge generalisation. I've called all my aussie gf's darling, why wouldn't I call a gf from any other country darling. It's just standard. But if someone is afraid to call their gf or missus darling then that is up to them.

Perhaps a certain poster got all upset at everyone calling his gf 'teerak' because she used to work in a bar and is in denial.

But really, just assuming a girl is a bar girl because a farang calls her teerak is just something quite strange.

Surely you call them 'darling' and not 'tirak'?

A huge difference.

Guys that walk around and call girls 'tirak' at the end of a long sentence in English etc usually are of a social standing of...well...

Learn how to say 'No' and mean it ........ dead easy.

You surely have more guts than me! One of the words that ordinarily a man does not say to a thai wife is "NO"

But,you're absolutely right!! But after the "No" comes the attitude from hell!!...oh heck, they're all different. I just know Some, mine, and a few others but that word does not seem to be a favorite of most Thai ladys and if you have found a way to say that without a problem then you definetly have my respect!... I have to hand it to you!!! I need some lessons I think...

I wonder how tonight will be after I say that....:unsure:.....Will let you know after the hearing is back to normal and the bruises heel....kawp khun klup maak maak

re: my earlier post and your reply: you may have the inclination to help, but you certainly don't have the sense.

you come off as something of a doormat, but thanks for your contribution.

May i suggest to the op again that he trust his own judgement.

I agee with you! I think I misunderstood your post. The man should trust his own instincts as I did. I left and I still get the calls everyday of how hard it is for her etc. She wants me back there but in actuality she wants my ATM card back. She says she wants yellow gold and wants me to spoil her. She had me guying yellow gold on credit before we even had our own home. We lived in a rented conto in a hotel at that time because I refused to live with "the family" her brother and her work in a team and try to sqeeze as much as they can from each falang.( I think) Actually she had a little heart because of a few things that happened. But that brother is ruining her life. Lieng, to them, is second(or first Nature)...my apologies!!....I was duped and use my gut instinct to run fast....and I was just lieing back on the phone everyday when she calls. That's how burned I felt...what a bunch of people her family are. The older brother was showing a land map next to his property and wanted me to buy the land next to his house. He knows I can't own land in Thailand....the other oldest, I showed gim what an american $50 looked like and he pocketed it...haha...it's crazy!!....your are right, when you get that gut feeling,,, run....those women are very very good at the sympathy and poor me stuff...If you are a normally generous man, you will be eaten up.....use your FIRST instncts.....the last plea for money was she needed it for insurance(life) on her one brother....I siad what in hell would I be buying life insurance on your brother for when I don't even have any.....her answer.- he is sick and if he dies I am benbificiary....she actually told me that "I" was the benificuiary....ughhI think it may have been for life insurance but for ME ..run!!!!!!!!!!....sure, I'm goin back...hahahahaha....I would feel real safe...it's all crap..."amazing Thailand"

why not put all the white noise and nonsense about culture and the thai way out of your head and deal with this question the same way you would do it at home, be it a lover or a friend who came begging?

the people here on tv have neither the information, sense nor inclination to help you.

decide for yourself, unless your goal is to see your own indecision immortalized on the internet.

One of the better posts I've seen here on TV! I particularly liked the last sentence...:D

Hey if your partners in life, it all comes out of the same pot! Do what you feel (together) It comes from both of you no matter what purse or wallet it comes out of. Unless you've made other arrangments! Most couples or married people share everything so it really doesn't matter which account it comes out of(if it's a real relationship) Be generous and it'll come back to you one way or another.:jap:...It can't hurt to help anyone that needs help at least a little!...mai pen rai

What do you mean; Do what you feel (together)? That`s a bit personal isn`t it. I haven`t had a good feel since 2001.

And I disagree that married couples share everything. It`s usually a give and take relationship, we give and they take.

Yes and be generous it'll come back to you one way or another. - Normally in the form of a bank letter saying your account is overdrawn.

It can't hurt to help anyone that needs help at least a little!...mai pen rai - Wanna bet?

From experience some of these girls that do not ask directly for money like to play the damsel in distress. I work vely long hour, vely hard and little money, my parent's vely sick and no money, my life no good, me so sad and my child stay with grandmother in shed, sleep in barn with buffalo and only have cold dog turd for eat. My husband was drink alcohol and beat me every day, or my husband have motorbike accident, he take 2 week to die.

Then the guy feels obliged to be the knight in shining armor and come to the rescue which can only be resolved with money. Many of these girls are professionals at playing the emotional game with the gullible farang, I`ve seen this all before.

One tip to remember is that if the girl and her family have problems that can only be sorted with money, then call it a day and say; next.

Perhaps I should write a guide, maybe title it, the Ex-pats guide to courtship in Thailand? The DOs and the DONTs and the signs that you are being taken for a ride.

The answer is that if you are willing to gamble everything you have worked for and your future happiness on a cute smile, some hanky panky and a few hard luck stories, then go ahead and jump in at the deep end.

Or otherwise you can use a bit of common and wait until you are at least 90% certain of the person`s sincerity.

I can't agree with you more!!!!!!!!..I was actually refering to a "normal marriage" which I don't believe exists between a falang and thai wife. Trust me!! I have heard it all myself and been hornswaggled more times than I would like to say....yessssss....it is all bull and if you read some of my other posts, you'll see that I am totally with YOU on that lying bull we get all the time. My wife is a professinal and I do know all the storys. I fell for them Hook line and most of the sinker (at first)but never enough to really believe most of it. I feel the exact same as you, my friend!!!...why do you think my handle is XXpate......I got the hell out of the crap and lies and bribes after half a year but sure got a lesson that was very disapointing in that culture. There seems to be no morality nor honesty in the whole of it all from the government down to the rice farmer. You are a frikin ATM ..that's it.....

I actually mean't adivce to a normal friend/love marriage or relationship. Not to give everything away. I am just happy I didn't buy a house or condo or land. I did buy many things for the POOR family though while they all snickered behind my back at the stupid falang....sure, I know exactly what you mean.....I suppose I was reffering to what I thought was a normal relationship(normally) In other words, be kind and helpful and it will come back to you. But never lose everything.... Not in Thailand, ....never help more than you have to because you won't be repected and only try again for more....I got the lesson you got too!.......keep up the good work letting other FOB's know as I do too...If i could only say what I really would like to.....ahhhh :whistling:

The quote was "do what you feel(together)" in other words decide together,,,,,,,but thanks anyway. ...hang in there!

no offense mean't to you! ...cheers!!

In 14 years of living in Thailand i'm still waiting for the first farang friend or acquaintance that tells me his lady isn't after his money or is happy to go to work and contribute to paying the incoming bills.

It's a fact that unless you buy them a business which many idiots do (mostly bars) 99% per cent of our tilacs wouldn't bring shame on themselves with having to work for a living and put some money into the bill paying pot.

Are there any exceptions to that?

Let's say i've yet to meet one.

My lady once helped me in my Guesthouse business in Phuket and her friends asked her why she was working when she has a rich farang, where all her gold was and how much was I paying her every month.

my gf makes from 40-100k baht a month and is now paying our mortgage instead of me. and works 12-14hrs a day many days out of the week.

my only real friend in thailand has a lawyer for a gf and she makes 10times his salary, his ex was an international engineer, she made 3 times his salary

Ive seen a lot more of these cases, i just dont know them enough to post accurate infos

It is not your mortgage it is her mortgage. Why wouldn't she pay it?

Very, very good point!!!!....it's hers and it will be hers later too!!....there is no "ours" there.

isn't it just a little bit sad that you think it is abnormal that the woman you have been dating for a very short while hasn't asked you for money? :(

Happy New Year BOO

The only reason anyone would want to stay with this lot, would be money

I married one of these not wanting money types 5 years ago, she still hasnt asked for any, ill give her another 20 years and get back to you.:rolleyes:

Yes i married one 17 years ago ,i think ime out of the woods now :D

"dreamer"

A huge difference.

Guys that walk around and call girls 'tirak' at the end of a long sentence in English etc usually are of a social standing of...well...

A fairly gross generalistaion. Calling ALL women 'darling' or 'teerak' at the end of the sentence is patronising certainly. Most of us have terms of endearment for our GFs of any nationality. I call my TGF 'teerak', but no other women 'teerak' or 'darling'.

[

A huge difference.

A fairly gross generalistaion. Calling ALL women 'darling' or 'teerak' at the end of the sentence is patronising certainly. Most of us have terms of endearment for our GFs of any nationality. I call my TGF 'teerak', but no other women 'teerak' or 'darling'.

actually...i just realised I mis-read your post...you were specific about a sentence in English and ending it with 'Teerak'. My apologies. I have no opinion on that matter.

isn't it just a little bit sad that you think it is abnormal that the woman you have been dating for a very short while hasn't asked you for money? :(

There are a lot of different reasons men come to live in Thailand. If a woman does not ask me for money I get worried. It means she is plotting some kind of emotional attachment. She is staying awake nights thinking of a scenario that involves love, family, children and happily ever after fairy tale kinds of things.

This frightens me.

It frightens me because I have been there and done that so many times before in many different languages and cultures and it always turns out the same.

I value my freedom more than security. When I am paying I can walk away.

I don't like long term emotional relationships with women. I don't cast negative aspersions on those who do.

Up to them.

If short term relationships were readily available with 26 year old beautiful women in Vancouver Canada I would probably live there. I like hot butter tarts and sailing. Although it would be a toss up. The fishing is a lot better in Vancouver though.

no. not another one of these guys who thinks getting laid costs nothing..

I've been around and I have never known a woman who didn't expect some kind of compensation for sleeping with me. even if it was just a few hundred baht. sooner or later, they ask for money or they get their "cut" of your estate. :ermm:

Edited by chops

no. not another one of these guys who thinks getting laid costs nothing..

I've been around and I have never known a woman who didn't expect some kind of compensation for sleeping with me. even if it was just a few hundred baht. sooner or later, they ask for money or they get their "cut" of your estate. :ermm:

Yes with you

Some people are nice to sleep with, some it has to be a job.

Dont put everyone in the job category. Some humans are better than others.

There's 3 categories in thailand

Those who pay because they want to (like old timer up there) they are very rare.

Those who pay because they have to (you and most)

Those who find someone equal to them

I wonder how my gf who left her last rich boyfriend for me when i was broke is expecting to drain me of my estate now that she is paying for with her job now that the kid is old enough to not need her full time.

Mongers are crazy, seriously.

Edited by DougLee