Farang Food In Chalong

petercallen

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We went to Nikitas yesterday afternoon, the size of the serves and the quality of the food has improved slightly.

I think its a great place to sit under the tamarind tree and relax with a drink.

Has anyone eaten tamarinds and know what they taste like,

they look like dog turds to me and that puts me of buying them ;)

We went to Nikitas yesterday afternoon, the size of the serves and the quality of the food has improved slightly.

I think its a great place to sit under the tamarind tree and relax with a drink.

Has anyone eaten tamarinds and know what they taste like,

they look like dog turds to me and that puts me of buying them ;)

I am not much of a fruit eater, but I do eat some Thai fruits like Mango, Rambutan and Tamarind. Tamarind can be a bit sour, and as shake or sauce it usually contains sugar. If you havent tried shrimps in Tamarind, you really have missed some delicious Thai food :P

Best in Kata are Red Chair in Koktanod 80 baht, and Kata Mama on south end of beach 120?baht with large shrimps. Just to get some Tamarind taste :D

I am not much of a fruit eater, but I do eat some Thai fruits like Mango, Rambutan and Tamarind. Tamarind can be a bit sour, and as shake or sauce it usually contains sugar. If you havent tried shrimps in Tamarind, you really have missed some delicious Thai food :P

Best in Kata are Red Chair in Koktanod 80 baht, and Kata Mama on south end of beach 120?baht with large shrimps. Just to get some Tamarind taste :D

katabeachbum, that road that has Red Chair on it, last night I noticed a bunch of restaurants. What's your opinion on Kata Grill and Rugantino's, have you been?

katabeachbum, that road that has Red Chair on it, last night I noticed a bunch of restaurants. What's your opinion on Kata Grill and Rugantino's, have you been?

Been at both, no plans to go back

Love Italian, but much prefere Capanina, M&M and Salvatore, and my memory fail on other names :rolleyes:

Love Italian, but much prefere Capanina, M&M and Salvatore, and my memory fail on other names :rolleyes:

Capanina is the most overrated italian ever.

I seriously don't know why everyone claims it's the best on the island.

Pasta that was so salty i had to send it back, Calamari was flavorless and oil soaked and the deserts were ordinary.

Amalfi is Nai harn or Di Vinci have better pizza's and pasta's by far.

Capanina is the most overrated italian ever.

I seriously don't know why everyone claims it's the best on the island.

Pasta that was so salty i had to send it back, Calamari was flavorless and oil soaked and the deserts were ordinary.

Amalfi is Nai harn or Di Vinci have better pizza's and pasta's by far.

If everyone claims Capanina is the best on the island, some could be right :)

During my +6 years of dining or taking home food from Capanina, I have been disapointed only a couple of times. Happens with any restaurant if they serve you 100-200 times.

Da Vinci was ok with the previous owner, but not on par any more

so we disagree :)

Ever since some idiot in a Da Vinci fortuner tried to run me and my family off the road, speeding like a maniac, I refuse to give that place a try.

I do want others to view my review on the Saigon restaurant in Chalong. Really worth the trip (but not considered falang food, per the topic).

During my +6 years of dining or taking home food from Capanina, I have been disapointed only a couple of times. Happens with any restaurant if they serve you 100-200 times.

I guess you're just one of the people who jump on the "in' places bandwagon.

We can at least agree on that.

Ever since some idiot in a Da Vinci fortuner tried to run me and my family off the road, speeding like a maniac, I refuse to give that place a try.

I do want others to view my review on the Saigon restaurant in Chalong. Really worth the trip (but not considered falang food, per the topic).

Food is good at Saigon, little pricey and the lady is bat shit crazy.

I've also had reason to be pissed off by one of those pushy Da Vinci Fortuners on Sai Yuan.

Are the owners aware of the damage their cowboy drivers do to their possible future clientel?

im sorry i thought this thread was about food not about drivers.....i have always had a decent meal and good sevice at DA VINCIS

I think overall for the amount of customers they have.... i thiink they do a great job

I've also had reason to be pissed off by one of those pushy Da Vinci Fortuners on Sai Yuan.

Are the owners aware of the damage their cowboy drivers do to their possible future clientel?

im sorry i thought this thread was about food not about drivers.....i have always had a decent meal and good sevice at DA VINCIS

I think overall for the amount of customers they have.... i thiink they do a great job

We have moderators, and do not need another one.

I can understand why Old Croc would not eat there, food good or bad

What a load of h***seshi* katasyd.

I've been eating at Campanina long before it was popular and Mario typically does a great job.

I think if katabeachbum has eaten there some 200 times that trumps your one bad meal. Get over yourself.

What a load of h***seshi* katasyd.

I've been eating at Campanina long before it was popular and Mario typically does a great job.

I think if katabeachbum has eaten there some 200 times that trumps your one bad meal. Get over yourself.

Way to live up to your usernamerolleyes.gif

I've had bad meals at most of the restaurants that are my favorites, it happens and it does for numerous reasons.

It's bad at Capanina at least 50% of the time i've been and the bitter staff don't make it a pleasurable atmosphere either.

Maybe it's because he has stretched himself after the renovations/expansion and it's too much work for the poor old sod but it is far from being at it's best or the best Italian around.

You should venture outside your routine and try something new and not judge a restaurant by the way a company car is driven.

Capanina wasnt much of an "in" place the initial months of business. But food was IMHO (and my son who happens to be a chef) at that time the best Italian in Phuket. Later we have been blessed with some more excellent Italian :)

Ellis (not sure of spelling) used to be a great Italian restaurant but I understand they have closed down at their old location. Does anyone know if they just moved?

Not sure where they have gone !!! were good & reasonably priced

Ellis (not sure of spelling) used to be a great Italian restaurant but I understand they have closed down at their old location. Does anyone know if they just moved?

Maybe he's moved house. I always wondered if he even had the proper permits to run a restaurant out of his living room and car park. I tried Ellis once and thought it was good, but the ambiance sure wasn't the best. Take away orders only!

So you have now become the new MOD have you Peter? i was certainly not being nasty to...the olg crock..

So you have now become the new MOD have you Peter? i was certainly not being nasty to...the olg crock..

Not interested in being a MOD actually

If you check the thread one other member as well as myself has had the same experience

With a certain vehicle with advertising for a restaurant on it

I agree with both i would not eat there if they were giving the food away.

Not interested in being a MOD actually

If you check the thread one other member as well as myself has had the same experience

With a certain vehicle with advertising for a restaurant on it

I agree with both i would not eat there if they were giving the food away.

UP TO YOU MR CALLEN....I think the food and the owners

are OK