Farang Food In Chalong

petercallen

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr Richards Indian curry.

100 THB cooked by a true chef. yum yum.

Has a shack outside Roxannes bar in Rawai.

I can definitely recommend these curries, good portions, very tasty and great value for your money!

The new Watermark on by pass road, very nice and good food, been there a few times and same good service, roast beef with Yorkshire pudding and red wine sauce, nice

Sorry wrong tread shoud have been in List Of Favourite Restaurants In Phuket

Edited by HDRIDER

The original post on this thread related to the Steak Samkong outlet at Homepro, Chalong. I ate there the other day and would agree with some later posters that it was average at best. I expect more than eight chips when I order fish and chips and hate plates filled up with superfluous bland mixed vegetables! The price is OK, I suppose, but I won't eat there again I'll try the Kitchen Plus next time I am feeling peckish in that area.

The original post on this thread related to the Steak Samkong outlet at Homepro, Chalong. I ate there the other day and would agree with some later posters that it was average at best. I expect more than eight chips when I order fish and chips and hate plates filled up with superfluous bland mixed vegetables! The price is OK, I suppose, but I won't eat there again I'll try the Kitchen Plus next time I am feeling peckish in that area.

It was March when i said the food was good and value for money not July

The quality of food changes in a lot of restaurants especially if they change cooks

I have been going for fish and chips lately to a popular waterfront restaurant in Rawai

Last week i was served up a burnt offering, fish overcooked and chips overcooked

and not the first time it has happened

so i will not order fish and chips there again when not happy go elsewhere,

Same with their restaurant in town, between Bangkok hospital and Vachira. Low price, low quality, soft chips and onion rings,lots of veggies and salad drowned in majo (sorry "salad dressing") eat there while Meguire wax my cars.

It's really gone down hill. Far too many manager & staff changes. I stopped eating there quite a number of months ago.

Same with their restaurant in town, between Bangkok hospital and Vachira. Low price, low quality, soft chips and onion rings,lots of veggies and salad drowned in majo (sorry "salad dressing") eat there while Meguire wax my cars.

Sadly I agree with you KBB. Our regular lunch place when in Phuket Town since first opened many many years ago. It's always been low cost food so you can't expect too much, but these past few months food & staff standards have gone way downhill. Might be because the owner/manager never seems to be around. Plus fewer customers leads to food lying in kitchen far too long.

Mr Richards Indian curry.

100 THB cooked by a true chef. yum yum.

Has a shack outside Roxannes bar in Rawai.

I can definitely recommend these curries, good portions, very tasty and great value for your money!

Funny I only posted a thread in the restaurant section about this place last night.I agree highly recommended.

tested pizza in 2000 in Chalong, 300tbh for a pizza, they cost more in Thailand then home! and you could not even have pizza salad! good pizzas but will probably not visit again!

chalong or karon?? in karon the pizza are 199 baht and very good, just was wondering...

The new Watermark on by pass road, very nice and good food, been there a few times and same good service, roast beef with Yorkshire pudding and red wine sauce, nice

Sigh thx to this post i tried it today.

I had a nice wasted 700baht dinner.

The roatbeef was terrible. Undercooked and i suspect THAI BEEF.(400baht for 6 mini slices) It was heated incorectly and was full of tasteless water.

The 3 drops of yorkshire was ok but im not too familiar with yorkshire puddings so i cant really say more.

The rocket salad was dry with 3 or 4 drops of oil.. tasteless dried tomatoes.. 2 empty bread that were a lot less good than the free bread.

My gf had chicken salad.. the chicken seemed to be satay style but it kind of tasted like if i had put a dry chicken in a sauce of mustard and sugar for 5-10secs and called it satay.. so dry.. so dry we didnt even finish a small breast.

It's getting kind of sad how all the above average priced places in phuket have terrible cooks(except les anges on the east coast and the places with farang cooks who own the place)

I think i should open a steakhouse since everywhere is horrible but then i think most of the local population cant appreciate a perfectly cooked piece of meat.

Sigh thx to this post i tried it today.

I had a nice wasted 700baht dinner.

The roatbeef was terrible. Undercooked and i suspect THAI BEEF.(400baht for 6 mini slices) It was heated incorectly and was full of tasteless water.

The 3 drops of yorkshire was ok but im not too familiar with yorkshire puddings so i cant really say more.

The rocket salad was dry with 3 or 4 drops of oil.. tasteless dried tomatoes.. 2 empty bread that were a lot less good than the free bread.

My gf had chicken salad.. the chicken seemed to be satay style but it kind of tasted like if i had put a dry chicken in a sauce of mustard and sugar for 5-10secs and called it satay.. so dry.. so dry we didnt even finish a small breast.

It's getting kind of sad how all the above average priced places in phuket have terrible cooks(except les anges on the east coast and the places with farang cooks who own the place)

I think i should open a steakhouse since everywhere is horrible but then i think most of the local population cant appreciate a perfectly cooked piece of meat.

Went out there again today, still great.

My roast beef was very nice and tender, did you want a whole roast for yourself or what?

but but but i am glad we are not the same, think if we all liked the same food

So why DO you not open a steak house??? maybe you can make a imported nice big 300G steak for next to nothing :)

When it comes to meat, everyone in the food industry agrees on what is a horribly cooked piece of meat and a good one. This restaurant offers crums of a very badly cooked AND heated meat. Baffles me that people consider food good as long as they dont want to vomit once its in their mouth.. standards higher for reviews and recommendations please.

When it comes to meat, everyone in the food industry agrees on what is a horribly cooked piece of meat and a good one. This restaurant offers crums of a very badly cooked AND heated meat. Baffles me that people consider food good as long as they dont want to vomit once its in their mouth.. standards higher for reviews and recommendations please.

Why dont you come up with some review and i will check them out :)

you dont want to be the first to spend money???

try the burger at,,, no better not say you might not like it :(

Sorry cant let you go,, try this one Vset Chalong pier, it is good, or i will pay your bill better not :)

Edited by HDRIDER

Went to The Curry Hut outside of Roxannes on the strength of the reviews here on TV.

I bought a frozen chicken Madras and took it home.

Not bad. Not bad at all. There could have been more chicken and less sauce, though.

Far better than that miserable excuse for a curry that is The Great British Curry.

Definitely worth a try. I give it 7/10.

Strangely enough I too got a to go order from the curry shack yesterday for a vindaloo. I wholeheartedly agree with KB that it was heavy on the sauce and very light on the chicken. There were 5 or 6 (small) pieces of chicken only, but for 100 baht with rice included, it's decent value compared to other Indian food on the island.

Beats all the other farang 'to go' outlets, Cheers Bar 1/10, Monkey House 0/10, Freedom 1/10, Deep - never tried

I think if you bought some of the curry shack's frozen curries for future indulgence then the meat content would increase, as previous post said - only 100 baht !!!!jap.gif

Strangely enough I too got a to go order from the curry shack yesterday for a vindaloo. I wholeheartedly agree with KB that it was heavy on the sauce and very light on the chicken. There were 5 or 6 (small) pieces of chicken only, but for 100 baht with rice included, it's decent value compared to other Indian food on the island.

Sabai Sabai in Taina road in Kata. Indian chef, 99 baht curries, delicious :P

Lamb korma 129 as I recall

You have to admit it is a 100% improvement on that 180 bht slop they sell at that super market in.Chalong

Went to The Curry Hut outside of Roxannes on the strength of the reviews here on TV.

Not bad. Not bad at all. There could have been more chicken and less sauce, though.

Far better than that miserable excuse for a curry that is The Great British Curry.

Did you pick up anything else while you were there mate??? :whistling:

Did you pick up anything else while you were there mate??? :whistling:

Stopped doing that years ago.

Why dont you come up with some review and i will check them out :)

you dont want to be the first to spend money???

try the burger at,,, no better not say you might not like it :(

Sorry cant let you go,, try this one Vset Chalong pier, it is good, or i will pay your bill better not :)

Hmmm...Just tried the Vset in Chalongs cheeseburger 300bht for lunch....

very nice resturaunt...service was excellent...burger was not on the menu but ask and they made me one...lovly presentation with arugala salad, the fries were good ....

the burger arrived with all sorts of crap on it cukes,olives,tomatos and some other green stuff on it...tossed all that crap away along with the arugala salad and finally got to the burger....was cooked as ordered but with one bite i new....not 100% beef and over seasoned as in most Thai resturaunts....big disapointment as i just want BEEF not a load of seasonings and pork mix.....4 out of 10 for this burger would not order it again...

BUT

vert nice place and will try it for dinner thanks for the advise...

For burgers i will stick with SIZZLER :D