Sim Card Rip Off At Junk Cylon In Phuket

Mr.Mr.

Firstly. I strongly object to the slander of the original name of Phuket. Jungceylon should not be bantered about as Junk anything! Mods ring in...

the word in the world is Buyer Beware... I see tghe Mobile Madness section of Jungceylon as near to the level of MBK. I find that the well established section in the basement of Big C has more crediability. BTW, Big C does have power over the vendors as to honestyl... Nto so at MBK or if the reports are true Jungceylon shopping area. thbe guy who sells the paintings is a crook also! Go to any of the shops where the "artists" work in Rawai or Nai Harn and you get the same far cheaper.

If you are implying he'a a crook because he has stolen those paintings, then I think you need to substantiate those claims.

However, I suspect you are making the same child like mistake that so many others make, and are calling the bloke a crook because he sells the same product for a greater price, in a retail outlet designed for tourists, and which is located in the heart of the most touristy part of the island, where the rents are astronomical, and where he will have to sell far more paintings than his Rawai counterpart to make a living.

You know about the guys in Rawai. You live near there, you have the option of buying from them. Tourists based in Patong, don't! They will happily buy from Junkceylon. It's a simple, straight forward business, no one's being a crook!

You know about the guys in Rawai. You live near there, you have the option of buying from them. Tourists based in Patong, don't! They will happily buy from Junkceylon. It's a simple, straight forward business, no one's being a crook!

Totally agree with BTB. A vendor can sell an item for whatever price he so desires, it is up to the customer whether he purchases or not and whether he travels further to buy the same product at a lower price.

I hear it time and time again that the "so and so" Bar is a rip-off because they sell their Heineken, for example,at 140 baht. It is not a rip-off; just don't patronise the bar.

Totally agree with BTB. A vendor can sell an item for whatever price he so desires, it is up to the customer whether he purchases or not and whether he travels further to buy the same product at a lower price.

I hear it time and time again that the "so and so" Bar is a rip-off because they sell their Heineken, for example,at 140 baht. It is not a rip-off; just don't patronise the bar.

+1. A scam is where you present something as being one thing, and it is not so (deliberate misrepresentation). Say for example, they sold you a true sim card, and you later discovered it was AIS 1-2 call. Or they purposely sold you something that was broken or used as new, but you wouldn't know until after you left the store.

It seems like the OP, like me when I first arrived, simply lacked the awareness that there was alternate choices. This was easily resolved by shopping around, talking to locals and my friend that has more experience in Thailand. I found that Phuket Town is usually cheaper for many things. Carrefour and Banzaan are good starting points and then you can branch out from there with a motorbike or take the bus if you don't mind walking.

In about 95% of the time, anything I've purchased in thailand, I was given the opportunity to evaluate a display model of the item I was buying. If it was a small item, like a phone, when you are ready to make the purchase, you can put the sim card in the phone and verify the phone works before you walk out of the store. Things like software or music CD or DVD movies (legal) is different. The companies may only offer an exchange for the identical item if the CD/DVD does not play properly.

This may not be the case when shopping online, but even then you can ask questions before entering in the credit card info.

An additional tip from experience: when you get a receipt for a major purchase or electronic item, make a dark photocopy or 2 of that receipt and staple to original. The original receipt can fade quickly.