Blatter To Setup Anti-Corruption Committee

Englander

Fifa president Sepp Blatter says he wants to set up an anti-corruption committee to police world football's governing body.

The move comes after allegations of corruption dogged Fifa throughout the bidding process and voting for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups.

Blatter said: "This committee will strengthen our credibility and give us a new image in terms of transparency.

"I will take care of it personally, to ensure there is no corruption at Fifa."

Continued here..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9333340.stm

it'll be like the election episode of blackadder III where blackadder is revealed as campaign manager, voter and also returning officer for the constituency of dunny-on-the-wold. 'and so please join me to give a warm welcome to the chairman of the new fifa anti-corruption committee, mister. . . . .sepp, erm, blatter.'

Shocking really, but the ruling classes within the English FA have had their snout deep in footballs trough for as long as i can remember ... i cant help but think theyre only jealous and that theyd be outed by our media for playing the slightly different but more blatant form of corruption of selling votes that FIFA officials are accused of.

Id love to see where the gate money went for the friendly the FA arranged with Jack Warners lot in the Caribbean last year, its the English way of sorting out a nice little back hander another example being the friendly in Thailand that was arranged for a vote.

World Soccer says it all:

BRIAN GLANVILLE

writes for worldsoccer.com each week.

LUNATICS TAKE OVER THE ASYLUM

05/01/11

So now we know, the lunatics have taken over the asylum. Sepp Blatter has reassured us if that be remotely the word that FIFA are setting up an anti corruption committee “to police FIFA.”

A committee which he promises us without a trace of shame or sature, “will strengthen our credibility and give us a new image in terms of transparency. I will take care of it personally” (now there’s a reassurance!) “to ensure there is no corruption at FIFA.”

So who, apart from his lilywhite self, will he put on this committee? Jack Warner, the ineffable CONCACAF king, arch manipulator of Trinidad and Tobago and all those World Cup tickets? One of the three greedy FIFA figures who, as that Panorama documentary told us - with no apparent reaction, not least from Blatter and FIFA - pocketed millions of pounds in a succession of scandals? And what of the chief executive of FIFA, Jerome Valcker?

It wasn’t so long ago that, in a New York court, as we well know, both he and CONCACAF’s Chuck Blazer, Warners’ henchman, were branded liars by the woman judge, when they attempted to prise away the World Cup rights of Mastercard in favour of Visa. Valcker returned to Zurich, did brief penance, suspended by FIFA, then quickly re-emerged as top banana, under Blatter.

Away back in Las Vegas in 1993, at the FIFA congress which preceded the 1994 World Cup and which any rational organisation would have surely held in New York, that irrepressible comedian, Robin Williams, leaped up on the dais to make the World Cup draw, greeting Blatter, who was in charge, “wonderful to meet you after feeling you all these years!” Next day, an American sports columnist wrote that Blatter plainly had a future as a straight man! Now I’d suggest he surely has one as a comedian himself.

• 4 weeks later...