True Co. Ltd. And Their Business Wisdom

wormdrive

Here is one for you,

True Corp. fails to ensure system integrity before launching registration campaign.

Company continues to exhibit failures in their logistical and forecasting business acumen.

BANGKOK, Thailand – August 25, 2005 – Today one of Thailand’s leading Internet service providers True Co., Ltd (www.truecorp.co.th) failed to meet fundamental operational and logistical forecasting when their online registration system went offline within 45 minutes of operation.

On August 23, 2005, the company mailed out 285,000 letters to their hi-speed Internet subscribers requesting them to register for a new streamlined sign-in system aimed at combating “login related frustrations and problems.” The letter continues to state, “Making your life on-line faster and more convenient is our top priority.”

The company provided incentives to prompt increased registration response with a chance to win:

-HP NX 6120 Notebook

-iPod Shuffles 512MB

-Life is Yours t-shirts

Subscribers who tried to register for the new service today were met with an error message indicating an incorrect login name / password combination. Sources say this error prompted over 5,000 calls to True Corp. to inquire about the problem causing some parts of their automated voice routing system to fail.

The company has been suffering from a series of planning shortcomings over the last 8 – 10 months. In the later part of last year they launched an aggressive campaign to get new hi-speed subscribers but failed to ensure appropriate bandwidth routing which resulted in 1MB speed subscribers getting less than 20k actual speeds.

When the company was contacted in regards to the online registration error, they acknowledged the error and stated the system would be online again within 24 hours. A True Corp., representative suggest that users should try to register again within the next day. The representative further states, “If a user cannot sign in, they should continue to try register for up to a month.”

I guess I was one of the first as had no problem signing on the software and it really is quite nice (although over 16 megs). You do have good speed check options and there is supposed to be a payment feature. But that you have to register again to use and for some reason both yesterday and today told me my wife Thai ID card number was invalid? She is less than impressed as they also insisted our zip code was in another post office and she had to visit them to get that ironed out.

Thinking back to yesterday when I got it operating did have to log in a few times as instructions were not clear than you needed to include the "@truehisp" in the name box so got a few error messages before I got the clue.

Edited by lopburi3

Make me glad I wasn't an early adopter of ADSL in Thailand when TRUE was the only option

LoxInfo and TOT seems to be the game these days

100Kb/s download on a 1MB connection using FTP

However http connection are still the usual 200kbit

Actually TRUE has been quite good last few days for me (last week was bad). Current (512/256) speed test to LA was 478/188. My 900k virus download came in at well over 60k via http at 0841 this morning and is usually in high 50's.

TRUE have added 200 MB to international like this week and now at 1,950 MB. (when CAT provides it). :o

On August 23, 2005, the company mailed out 285,000 letters to their hi-speed Internet subscribers

I've got ADSL, the basic 590 baht per month package.

Should l have been sent a letter? Haven't received anything so far and l'm only 15 mins. from their area office at Zeer Rangsit, 30 mins. from the Ratchada HQ.

Btw, when you have an ADSL account how do you get an True e-mail account? I normally use Yahoo! as when l had a dial up account before with TA the e-mail account they provided used to get spammed despite trying every which way to configure their mail filters.

Would there have been some e-mail account set up by True for me when l signed up for ADSL? I don't have much use for it but it might be handy if l travel to Myanmar where Yahoo! is blocked but l'm told True isn't...so far.

One other question, the user name they provide e.g. Gb6hRk, is it possible to change that to something easier to remember or am l stuck with that forever?

same here never got a mail....

i got the wierd login name like highwayman....i can use the adsl al right...

just set the login details in my router n forgot abt them totally...

but when i try to login into the web page it gives some error...

dun really wanna contact the customer service for this useless feature......

daytime i dun have the patience to wait....

nighttime i feel guilty wakin up the costomer reps....u can make out frm their voice...they r so irritated... ;-)

On August 23, 2005, the company mailed out 285,000 letters to their hi-speed Internet subscribers

I've got ADSL, the basic 590 baht per month package.

Should l have been sent a letter? Haven't received anything so far and l'm only 15 mins. from their area office at Zeer Rangsit, 30 mins. from the Ratchada HQ.

Btw, when you have an ADSL account how do you get an True e-mail account? I normally use Yahoo! as when l had a dial up account before with TA the e-mail account they provided used to get spammed despite trying every which way to configure their mail filters.

Would there have been some e-mail account set up by True for me when l signed up for ADSL? I don't have much use for it but it might be handy if l travel to Myanmar where Yahoo! is blocked but l'm told True isn't...so far.

One other question, the user name they provide e.g. Gb6hRk, is it possible to change that to something easier to remember or am l stuck with that forever?

Not sure how you signed up and did not select your log-in name as it was on the form I filled out (two on the old forms when you have both a local net and www sign on). You should have both a log in name (that you select) and a password (that they provide but you can later change). Your email account should have been your log in [email protected] but they have been converting everyone to "[email protected]" (while routing Asianet address to new TRUE address). Believe you should probably call them at 2900-9000 if you want to change log in name but this week is probably not a good time. :o

The letter we got (two so far [to the two zip codes they think we live at] and one more due for another line) is in Thai only and just tells you to go to www.trueinternet.co.th/hispeedregister where you fill out a registration form and download software.

same here never got a mail....

i got the wierd login name like highwayman....i can use the adsl al right...

just set the login details in my router n forgot abt them totally...

but when i try to login into the web page it gives some error...

dun really wanna contact the customer service for this useless feature......

daytime i dun have the patience to wait....

nighttime i feel guilty wakin up the costomer reps....u can make out frm their voice...they r so irritated... ;-)

Try this mail log in page using your log in "[email protected]" and your normal password for ADSL and see if it works. I had never used web access and just signed in using the TRUEmail (which I converted to) with no problem.

http://www.asianet.co.th/truemail/selectmail.htm

The letter we got (two so far [to the two zip codes they think we live at] and one more due for another line) is in Thai only and just tells you to go to www.trueinternet.co.th/hispeedregister where you fill out a registration form and download software.

I did not receive the letter neither.

What software can you download when you register ?

What are advantages of registering (except winning a T-Shirt) ?

The software is called hi-speed Navigator and includes trouble shooting, log on, speed tests, virus scans, payment services and such. Is supposed to be more informative when there is a problem with ADSL or logging in but have not had any problems so can't say if it is or not. It is bilingual.

Edited by lopburi3

Received the letter from True. :D

Does anyone have any idea what percentage of True hi-speed customers are non Thai?

I'm surprised they wouldn't have some way of sending out notifications to customers in English as l'd imagine there would be a significant number who wouldn't read Thai.

Lopburi, found l had an e-mail at the asianet link but no luck with the True e-mail. Had a couple of messages saying that l hadn't paid my bill when l checked at asianet. Pretty funny when l'm still having an argument with them about not crediting a payment in advance l made a few months back.

Never ever pay anything in advance with True. :o It took 20 minutes before anyone could be found who knew how to enter it in their payment system and now even with a receipt they are still saying it's not on their payment system. Thankfully AIS don't have any problems with advance payments.

Think l'll wait for a while before l consider trying their new set-up as it sounds like there are a few bugs to be worked out.

You have to sign up for the new TRUEMAIL service:

Dear members of hi-speed Internet, Asianet 1-4 and WE PCT Net

New Personal Email by True

True is delighted to introduce the new personal email by True to users of hi-speed Internet, Asianet 1-4 and WE PCT Net for more convenience to use the email with larger storage space. Also, the email will be free from viruses or spam mail, so you can confidently work with an email. For members, registration for the new personal email is available at http://trueinternet.co.th/truemail from August 1 - October 31, 2005.

New Email

- Domain name “username”@asianet.co.th has been changed to “username”@truemail.co.th.

- Get more storage space at 25-100 MB

- New version of anti-virus program

- POP3, IMAP, and Webmail are available.

- Free of charge for over member period

For more information, please visit http://www.trueinternet.co.th/truemail or call 0 2900 9000 ext. 4.

Marketing and Business Development

True Internet Company Limited

The billing was out sourced and a total mess. They have recently changed and I have not had any problems the last couple of months. Before statements would be late every other month.

True is delighted to introduce the new personal email by True to users of hi-speed Internet, Asianet 1-4 and WE PCT Net for more convenience to use the email with larger storage space. Also, the email will be free from viruses or spam mail, so you can confidently work with an email. For members, registration for the new personal email is available at http://trueinternet.co.th/truemail from August 1 - October 31, 2005.

New Email

- Domain name “username”@asianet.co.th has been changed to “username”@truemail.co.th.

For more information, please visit http://www.trueinternet.co.th/truemail or call 0 2900 9000 ext. 4.

The billing was out sourced and a total mess. They have recently changed and I have not had any problems the last couple of months. Before statements would be late every other month.

I received the same email, but in Thai :o

Anyway, i registered to change my email address to truemail, receiving it using IMAP, but their server disconnect too often to be considered a reliable email provider.

• 3 weeks later...

New Email

I believe I would dispute that - went to a TRUE office to pay my bill today and was simply told 'system error' (as they attempted to apply my payment) and handed everything back to me. No manual system as a backup - "come back tomorrow".