Legality Of Thumbprint For Banking Purposes

My 92 yr old Pop is unable to sign the many required doccuments for changing his Bankol Bank account to a higher interest bearing account and he is bedridden and I handle his banking business.

I have known the manager of our branch of BKK bank for more than 10 yrs and she assures me that his thrumprint will suffice.......I'm a co-signer for this account that he maintains for immigration purposes and I just want to confirm that this is a legal proper way to handle this matter.

Thanks in advance for any info........

I see on the TM7 immigration form for extension to stay that it states Signature or right thumb print for the signature line so sounds like it is legal. Will have to see what others experiences are.

For immigration purposes, I've been getting a 'limited power of attourney' [POA] form that can be had at any stationary shop and he has to sign once.....but he has declined so much that I don't think he can sign any more. Maybe I should consult with a lawyer??

Thanks Tywais..

I am not sure how relevant this is but it may help.

I have seen elderly people do this "thumb" print in banks and at the post office to obtain money. In all cases they were elderly Thais who clearly could not write. This system is in place and appears 100% legitimate from what I have witnessed.

I am not sure how relevant this is but it may help.

I have seen elderly people do this "thumb" print in banks and at the post office to obtain money. In all cases they were elderly Thais who clearly could not write. This system is in place and appears 100% legitimate from what I have witnessed.

I may be wrong, but I think the thumbprint should have been included while opening the said account.