Duke Of Wellington Silom Closed Down

w11guy

Walked past the Duke of Wellington in Silom yesterday and it has been completely gutted. I walsk past quite often and have never seen more than a few people there so can only assume it never made money. It's in a bit of an odd location, so can't see where it would have got its customers from anyway. Has anyone been there? What was it like. I've never been inside as I don't really like English style pubs. Beer was pretty expensive as well.

Had a couple of noggins when it first opened and thought... not bad.

Last visit however gave it a miss sinced it seemed to be full of smoking munching "chav" tourists all trying to outdo each other on the Nico Levels...while eating ...Koff Koff.. :sick::bah:

They also seemed to have changed the actual bar around (preferred first location) and the pool tables were being used as suppli bars with old wooden covers on top with the beer slopping around ....

Still even with that still recon not a bad location ...handy for the BB HQ almost next door and would recon if the owners got things together could again be a smart Gin Joint again. :thumbsup:

I much pref Jamies down the road....... :D

Jamerson, corner Silon-Surasak road next to Holiday Inn hotel,

Nice place but very quite.

Is that the one next to the Vodka Ice Bar? It always seems very quiet down that end of Silom. I wonder how these places manage to stay in business.

Is that the one next to the Vodka Ice Bar? It always seems very quiet down that end of Silom. I wonder how these places manage to stay in business.

I know it.. been there, loved the food, when I went they were really busy. Really nice manager by the name of Ian(i think), really looked after us, music and atmosphere was really good.. Went there last Saturday

They do this Hot wing challenge. Saw some guy crying trying to do it.. The Burgers were extremely good.. They were reviewed in the Big Chili recently which is why I went

Edited by mightyharriss

Duke of Boots!, a very fine Yorkshire infantry Regiment until all those defence cuts!.

Used to pop in the Dukes on the annual trip to Suan Plu Immigration until they made us use the new provincial office's.

Had a prettty good menu and draught beers, especially the Guinness, pricy but nice.

One of the funniest things I ever witnessed in there was a group of Thai and foreign business men celebrating some sort of deal I guess ordering round after round of the black stuff.

I know it.. been there, loved the food, when I went they were really busy. Really nice manager by the name of Ian(i think), really looked after us, music and atmosphere was really good.. Went there last Saturday

They do this Hot wing challenge. Saw some guy crying trying to do it.. The Burgers were extremely good.. They were reviewed in the Big Chili recently which is why I went

Hi Ian!

Hi Ian!

lol... where is your restaurant?

Hi Ian!

:D