How Old Are You

BambinA

Statistic of Age  

175 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm still a teenager.

I don't agree with them either. Just people with a midlife crisis that are living in Thailand. It's confirmed mosts votes are age 40 and up! =)

I'm 49

Definitely not a mid life crisis.

Just took me a while to find out how I want to do with my life.

Saying that, In Los, I DO feel younger.

BTW at least 3 posts claiming to be teenagers inc Icy and Fanta Rood, yet only one vote in 20 and under category.

It's Ok you ARE old enough to vote on TV :o

As you enter your thirties: your dancing will slow down and your arthritus will start to play up, your belly will hit the ground, but who gives a .... :D

If I knew now, what I new then, I would still be the same, but different. :o

Im looking forward to 40!

Edited by Tornado

I'm still a teenager.

I don't agree with them either. Just people with a midlife crisis that are living in Thailand. It's confirmed mosts votes are age 40 and up! =)

I'm 49

Definitely not a mid life crisis.

Just took me a while to find out how I want to do with my life.

Saying that, In Los, I DO feel younger.

BTW at least 3 posts claiming to be teenagers inc Icy and Fanta Rood, yet only one vote in 20 and under category.

It's Ok you ARE old enough to vote on TV :D

:o

There are three teenagers I know of on TV including me. So hurry up and vote 'cos I'm all alone on the poll board!

If you look at the statistics, a little bit less than half of the people are under 40. If you check this thread to see who is showing their age, it's nearly all those who are under 40. Either these are all liars, or the people who don't give up their ages (the 'I told the truth'-people :o ) are 40 up.

BTW, I am 32: old enough to be wise already, young enough to be still strong and handsome :D

The dude is not surprised that the majority of dudes here are btw 40 & 50. The dude believes that the poll is accurate. The dude firmly believes that this age group is here to increase the likelihood of having nice tasty tang in their lives. You remember tang don't you? That was the drink those dudes took to the moon.

Does "The Dude" always refer to himself in the 3rd person?

me :o >>> sorry for off topic , but if you noticed in LOS many people here call themself with their name instead "chun" "phom"

example

.. Bambi want to go to see a movie, do you wanna join with Bambi,

.. Mom , may bambi goes to the party tonite?

funny for farang? :D:D

Bambi :D

Edited by BambinA

funny for farang?  :o  :D

It sure is and I'm still not used to it. It just sounds awkward for my GF to refer to herself as "Khun Mae" when talking to her daughter or for the daughter to refer to herself as "Nong Pim"....

What, you folks don't like pronouns?

a dinnieken lol , well ...dont you think it's sort of passion and make language has colorful do you?

:D

29  but feeling much older at the moment as i am suffering from Leptospirosis. :o

Is that transmitted by rats? Where did you catch it and what are your symptoms? Is it curable? Sorry, a bit off topic but it is interesting subject.

Hi khall yes it can be transmitted by rats as well as other animals. I caught it doing some work on a landfill site. It is curable, i am currently taking penacillin for it, which i am assured by the doc will sort me out.

My symptons included, severe headaches, vomitting, very bad cough, sore throat, red eyes and very bad muscle cramps.

This is the reason i havent been on tv very much over the last couple of weeks, i am feeling a lot better now with just flu like symptoms persisting.

Below is an extract from a website i found

http://www.btinternet.com/~ringwood.canoe/Weils.htm

Leptospirosis & Weil’s Disease

What it is

Leptospirosis is a bacterial infection carried in rat’s urine which may contaminate water in lakes, rivers, etc. The bacteria does not survive long in dry conditions or salt water. The risk of infection is greater in stagnant or slow-moving water but cases have occurred in swift moving streams and lowland rivers. There is an enhanced risk where flash floods have washed out rat runs.

The infection is caught by direct contact with the urine or polluted environment. Bacteria enter through skin abrasions or via eyes, nose or mouth.

The usual incubation is 2 to 12 days. Usually a ‘flu’ like illness occurs which resolves in 2-3 weeks. There may be fever, severe headache, pains in the back and calf and prostration. A few cases develop Jaundice, when the condition is known as Weil’s disease.

The Level of Risk

Each year an average of 3 canoeists contract Leptospirosis. It is very rare and it’s deterioration into Weil’s disease even more rare. Weil’s disease is however, a serious ilness and must be swiftly diagnosed and treated. Death may occur in about 15% of Weil’s disease cases (i.e. jaundiced patients) but death without jaundice is virtually unknown. Antibiotics during the first few days help in limiting infection. Many cases recover without specific treatment.

How to prevent It

Cover all cuts and abrasions with waterproof plasters

always wear footwear to avoid cutting the feet

Avoid capsize drill or rolling practice in suspect waters

Where possible shower soon after canoeing

If in doubt contact your doctor early.

What to do if you think you may be infected

If you think you may have the infection go to your doctor and explain that their may be a risk of leptospirosis. The diagnosis is by clinical suspicion. Blood tests can rarely confirm the illness in time to affect treatment but are needed to subsequently confirm it.

Further information is available from The Leptospirosis Reference Unit, Public Health Laboratory, County Hospital, Hereford, HR1 2ER

It seems to go on about canoeists but anybody that works in areas where there is water or areas which are inhabited by rats are at risk.

It is my fault i caught this. After i had finished some work on site i went to have my lunch and completely forgot to wash my hands, totally stupid of me and something i am pretty sure i wont be doing again. :D

45. wife 30 in england, reality

in thailand me mental age 30 wife still 30

daleyboy

sorry to hear about your illness, hope you get over it quickly.

my mate [ a carpenter] it took 8 weeks to get rid of all the symptoms and no further problems. he thinks he caught it on site, possibly by not washing his hands before lunch.

Does "The Dude" always refer to himself in the 3rd person?

me :o >>> sorry for off topic , but if you noticed in LOS many people here call themself with their name instead "chun" "phom"

example

.. Bambi want to go to see a movie, do you wanna join with Bambi,

.. Mom , may bambi goes to the party tonite?

funny for farang? :D:D

Bambi :D

Is it funny for farang? Well, not really funny. For Western people, if a person talks about themselves like this, it implies that the person thinks they are someone special or to be looked up to. It's kind of arrogant but I'm sure "The Dude" is only having a a go at us.