Mini Vans From Pattaya

lorddaverichards

I am coming down to Pattauya next week with a friend and getting the van from Victory Monument. My friend is going onto Samed and i am returning to Bangkok. My question - where can you catch a van from Pattaya to the pier at Samed and roughly how much is the cost.

I want to get a van back to Future Park Rangsit North Bangkok does anyone know where i can catch this service

many thanks

Re Van Service, Pattaya - Bangkok

I am aware of 3 different services, and there may be more.

1. Departs from a Family Mart store on the north side of South Road, just east of a Krung Thai Bank and Wat Chaimongkon.

2. Departs from the west side of Thapraya Road (the southern extension of 2nd road), from in front of Top Charoen Optical, about 100 metres south of the intersection with South Road.

3. Departs from the west side of 2nd Road, outside of Tops Supermarket, 50 metres north of the intersection with Central Road. I believe that this is the same company that also operates the departures from Jomtien, though those tend to be sporadic, and do not conform to the published schedule.

All the above terminate at or near the Victory Monument. I highly doubt that there is any regular van service from Pattaya to Future Park Rangsit, or anywhere close to there. The van drivers are contractors, not employees. One option, ask them if they would take you up to Rangsit for an extra fee.

There are a couple of minivan services running to Victory Monument from Pattaya. One is Pattaya Van run by Roong Reuang Coach Co., Ltd and T-Tour on 0800906540 who also have a stop at Bali Hi and the box mentioned that conforms to the paragraph numbered 2 in allane's post above.

Though allane is a little confused as to how the schedules work.

Pattaya Van pick up only from the scheduled terminals, whereas T-Tour can go around the houses picking people, who have called to book, up on the way if they have spaces on the bus.

This may be a good thing for those who don't live near a terminal, though can be a pain for those who have a timetable.

I wasn't confused; I was confining my reply to the question being asked. At the risk of stating the obvious, the various van companies can not come to your location to pick you up, unless you have contacted them in advance, presumably by phone. As a presumed first-timer, the OP will have to board whichever van he chooses at their point of departure, unless someone else here provides him with a phone number. The van drivers will give him a business card, with a number which he can call them on, for subsequent trips.

For the record, I have personally used all of the van services which I mentioned above, and noted that at least the first two I mentioned stop within Pattaya, and at points between Pattaya and Chonburi, to pick up passengers who have made advance bookings. I have only used the one departing from Top's a couple of times, so can not comment on it with the same degree of confidence.

To the OP: I will be momentarily sending you a Private Mail, with some info. which I have on a company which may be able to help yoi get from Pattaya to Samet.

I wasn't confused; I was confining my reply to the question being asked. At the risk of stating the obvious, the various van companies can not come to your location to pick you up, unless you have contacted them in advance, presumably by phone. As a presumed first-timer, the OP will have to board whichever van he chooses at their point of departure, unless someone else here provides him with a phone number. The van drivers will give him a business card, with a number which he can call them on, for subsequent trips.

For the record, I have personally used all of the van services which I mentioned above, and noted that at least the first two I mentioned stop within Pattaya, and at points between Pattaya and Chonburi, to pick up passengers who have made advance bookings. I have only used the one departing from Top's a couple of times, so can not comment on it with the same degree of confidence.

To the OP: I will be momentarily sending you a Private Mail, with some info. which I have on a company which may be able to help yoi get from Pattaya to Samet.

Perhaps you are residing on a parallel universe....

A simple glance of my post will reveal that I have posted the phone number of one of the bus companies(your no.2) that will pick you up off the beaten track if you call them, as well as the details of the company(Pattaya Van) that sticks to picking up at their terminals. Though it is not one of those that you mentioned earlier.

As I wrote before, it can be annoying to travel with one of the bus services that detour to pick up passengers.

1. Departs from a Family Mart store on the north side of South Road, just east of a Krung Thai Bank and Wat Chaimongkon.

2. Departs from the west side of Thapraya Road (the southern extension of 2nd road), from in front of Top Charoen Optical, about 100 metres south of the intersection with South Road.

3. Departs from the west side of 2nd Road, outside of Tops Supermarket, 50 metres north of the intersection with Central Road. I believe that this is the same company that also operates the departures from Jomtien, though those tend to be sporadic, and do not conform to the published schedule.

Published schedules? Do tell. What are the departure times for #2 above?

And, where exactly in Jomtien can one catch a mini-van to Bangkok? I heard rumor of Jomtien Soi 5, but *where* on Jomtien Soi 5?

And, where exactly in Jomtien can one catch a mini-van to Bangkok? I heard rumor of Jomtien Soi 5, but *where* on Jomtien Soi 5?

What's the matter you? :) There is a phone number and a website in post #3.

Re: # 2 above. Service beginning at about 7:00 a.m. allegedly every 30 min. or so. I say "allegedly", because it doesn't go until it is full.

Re: Jomtien: Right on the Jomtien Beach Road, at the Soi 4 corner - but be warned: service is sporadic. Once they told me to wait 30 or 40 min. After I had done that, they told me to wait another 30 min. ( I think I was the only customer.) I went to South Pattaya and used one of the other ones.

Another service departs from a shop on Pattaya Klang, betweenCarrefour and Sukhumvit on the north side just 100 metres further up in Sukdirection from the Pattaya Language School. Never had to wait longer than 30minutes – the bus will go when full or in an hour at the most. Arrives atAnusawareechai (Vict Mon.) in a very fast time and costs less than 200 but Ican’t remember the exact price- the going rate anyway! From Vict Mon you shouldget a taxi up to Rangsit – you don’t want to contend with Bangkok public busesand Rangsit is beyong the reach of skytrain, metro etc- about 200B north ofcentral BK !

Re: # 2 above. Service beginning at about 7:00 a.m. allegedly every 30 min. or so. I say "allegedly", because it doesn't go until it is full.

Re: Jomtien: Right on the Jomtien Beach Road, at the Soi 5 corner - but be warned: service is sporadic. Once they told me to wait 30 or 40 min. After I had done that, they told me to wait another 30 min. ( I think I was the only customer.) I went to South Pattaya and used one of the other ones.

Apologies for the typo, now corrected. I meant Jomtien Soi 5, not 4 as initially stated.

Re: Jomtien: Right on the Jomtien Beach Road, at the Soi 4 corner - but be warned: service is sporadic. Once they told me to wait 30 or 40 min. After I had done that, they told me to wait another 30 min. ( I think I was the only customer.) I went to South Pattaya and used one of the other ones.

Thanks. Perhaps I'll make some inquiries around the corner of Jomtien Beach Road & Soi 5. Maybe if I try to schedule a van a day or so in advance, I'll have better luck than you did?