Moving To Nakhon Pathom

Bird Man

:D After 31 years out of Thailand, I'm heading back for good next year.

I will be looking for a home (new or used) in Nakhon Pathom. My wife is Thai, so she will be owning it. I have searched the Internet extensively and cannot find much if anything about the Nakhon Pathom housing market. I have very little knowledge of the property market in Nakhon Pathom.

I will be scouring the area when I get their. I'll be looking for a single house in a Moo Baan type setting that has an adequate level of security.

Target is a 150-200 sqm house, 2-3 BD, 2 BR, western style kitchen with a modest yard accommodating a little garden.

Of course, I would be appreciative of any comments you might profer.

Greetings, Bird Man

:o:D

Check with the wife if she really wants inside kitchen. If she has not abandoned the wok the outside type that most homes have is much easier to keep clean (the oil does splatter), or a combination of both.

I would not be in any hurry as you should be able to find a place to rent and can then learn where you want to live and talk with others.

You might also want to post in the forums for the areas you are interested in.

Hello BirdMan,

I don't know the prices in NP Muang, but the prices in NP Buddhamonthon area (eastern part of NP, western part of BKK metropolis) are at 3 to 5 million for a standard house of that size. Interestingly, Buddhamonthon is considered a desirable residential area by many Thais (perhaps because of the park and the universities), and the prices are a bit higher than in other Bangkok suburbs which are at a comparable distance to the city.

My wife and I decided for Chiang Mai, by the way, and we will be heading north next month. We briefly considered the Buddhamonthon, Bang Bua Tong, and Nakhon Pathom areas, but there's not much there. Very quiet. Few farangs. One hour ride to the city.

Cheers, X-Pat

Edited by x-pat

I lived in nakhon Pathom when I was married a few years back, and i must say it was one of the nicest places in thailand i had the pleasure of living in. There was none of that anti farang stuff that i could see and the locals were more than willing to allow me to fit in.