Fancy A Uk Piss-up?

the scouser

I met up with mrboj the other day and the following plan was hatched.

Date:-

Friday 7 October

Venue:-

Meet at the Saffron at 8pm for a bite to eat and then move on to a pub of choice. Please can those who are coming contact mrboj by PM in order to get directions and give him an idea of numbers with which to book a table. Those who need a hotel can find a link in a previous post on this thread.

Mrboj and I will be in town a little earlier for a few pre-nosebag scoops if anyone cares to join us before eight.

Cheers,

Scouse.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Mrbojangles (who not only comes from Rochdale too, but also drinks in one of my locals - small world isn't it!) asked me to look into a decent pub to meet in from 5/6pm onwards and as a Manc beerhound I narrowed it down to two places which fit the bill perfectly. One on Rochdale Road and the other in Castlefield.

Both are ideal places for starting a piss up so I'll post links to them from Beerintheevening.com and see if either of them take your fancy. There are maps, reviews and basic descriptions on both places on the web pages but enough to give you an idea.

Personally I'd prefer the Rain Bar as its close to several other cracking pubs but the Marble has a great atmosphere. Both seem to miss out on getting hammered out by the after work drinkers as well which should make meeting a lot easier.

The Marble Arch

and

Rain Bar

Over to you.........................

Edited by ProfessorFart

Thanks for that Prof Fart,

OK, Guys and Gals. Venue is now set for the Rain Bar. This is the better option if we want to move on later. I'll PM everyone who has shown interest so far but if anyone else wants to come, then just pop along or post on here. If you do pop along, you can't miss us, as we'll be sitting with some Blonde haired, Blue Eyed chicks :o:D:D

hi all,just a quick intro.

3 of us are arriving in pattaya 17 jan-15 feb.i live just outside bury and am working in alderly edge on friday 7th.

i guess i could call in the pub on my way home for an hour or two.my first time in thailand so it would be nice to put faces to names and maybe get some info on where to stay etc.

i look forward to it,cheers all.dave :o

Wifey fancies it, so if one of you kind gents can pm me with details it would be appreciated.

Excellent news Pieboy. If you look a few further posts above this one and click on the "Rainbar" link it will give you the address and postcode, then just put that into something like "theaa" route finder. I'll be there about 6ish :o

hi all,just a quick intro.

3 of us are arriving in pattaya 17 jan-15 feb.i live just outside bury and am working in alderly edge on friday 7th.

i guess i could call in the pub on my way home for an hour or two.my first time in thailand so it would be nice to put faces to names and maybe get some info on where to stay etc.

i look forward to it,cheers all.dave  :D

Welcome Traveller57, yeah, pop along, the more the merrier. All of the people attending have various depths of knowledge of Thailand and will be more than happy to give you some tips

It hasn't taken place yet, Doc.

Mr Boj has the full details, but the possible attendees as far as I know are:-

Mr BoJ

Prof Fart

Falangaman

Scouse

Opothai

Duality

Bangbuathongben

Rj81

Traveller 57

Pie Boy

plus other halves as appropriate.

Scouse.

PS. If anyone wants any immigration info, I advise asking before my 10th pint of Stella. As kick off is 18:30 ish, that gives you until 20:00.

Mr BoJ

Prof Fart

Scouse

Opothai

Duality

Bangbuathongben

Rj81

Traveller 57

Pie Boy

There's a couple of iffy one's, yet to confirm. Rj81 might be on a Stag night.

Falangaman is coming

Spee - is going to try

apdare - his Mrs arrives in UK that day but he'll see how she feels

BangkokButcher - is going to try

I was also at a family do last week and this guy approached me and Mrs BoJ. It turns out his brother has his girlfriend over and she hasn't met anyone yet (6months or so). I told him to give him my number and call me. Anyway, he called last night and they are both coming too. His GF yapped MrsBoJ's ears off for half an hour and have already arranged "Wednesday afternoon food fest get together's" :o