Fancy A Uk Piss-up?

the scouser

On 7 October MrBojangles, Vulture, Bangbuathongben, and I are meeting up in Manchester for a quiet beer (followed by 15 noisy ones), possibly topped off with a Ruby Murray. Anyone who wishes to attend please add your name and we'll select a venue/give directions etc. It's not just a lads' do, so other halves are welcome, too.

Scouse.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7 October MrBojangles, Vulture, Bangbuathongben, and I are meeting up in Manchester for a quiet beer (followed by 15 noisy ones), possibly topped off with a Ruby Murray. Anyone who wishes to attend please add your name and we'll select a venue/give directions etc.

I might be up for it. I'm relocating to the Birmingham area next month, which is a far site closer than the London area. Keep me in the loop and I'll see if I can make it. Cheers!

Any other day than Friday and would I have been able attend. Maybe next time, but hopefully on that date my girlfriend should be over from Thailand to keep me company for 3 weeks. :o:D

Andrew

Edited by apdare

On 7 October MrBojangles, Vulture, Bangbuathongben, and I are meeting up in Manchester for a quiet beer (followed by 15 noisy ones), possibly topped off with a Ruby Murray. Anyone who wishes to attend please add your name and we'll select a venue/give directions etc. It's not just a lads' do, so other halves are welcome, too.

Scouse.

Sounds splendid,work permitting i'm tempted.Only about 45mins away nr Chester.

Nice to put a face to all the bitter and twisted computer geeks on here!

Look forward to it.

These are from one of our last outings :o The one on his own is Scouse :D He got side tracked giving Visa advise to some Irish guy, seeking Asylum Status in England. It took 4 hours to convince him he didn't need to :D

post-19542-1125219977_thumb.jpg

post-19542-1125219999_thumb.jpg

These are from one of our last outings :o The one on his own is Scouse :D He got side tracked giving Visa advise to some Irish guy, seeking Asylum Status in England. It took 4 hours to convince him he didn't need to :D

Do i need to bring some hand-cuffs or what?

Martin

Scouse.

nr Chester.

Oh just noticed, your a "Posh Scouse". :D

Before i get sued for "Libel" from "The Scouser" the pictures above are a joke BTW, :o

Any more want to join the festivities, all welcome? :D

Edited by mrbojangles

Before i get sued for "Libel" from "The Scouser" the pictures above are a joke BTW

I thought in order to constitute libel, an action had to be defamatory. I find your photo quite complimentary.......

Scouse.

Should of had the piss-up this weekend.Just come back from Liverpool,what a weekend.Mathew Street Festival was AMAZING.Wouldn't swap it even for Thailand.

Martin

Before i get sued for "Libel" from "The Scouser" the pictures above are a joke BTW

I thought in order to constitute libel, an action had to be defamatory. I find your photo quite complimentary.......

Scouse.

Before i get sued for "Libel" from "The Scouser" the pictures above are a joke BTW, whistling.gif

Oh, what a letdown I thought he was sooooooo handsome :D

OK, Ok, they are real but he's got a tad more facial hair now and you'd hardly recognise him :o

Would have enjoyed a meet up but you are all far too North for me, maybe if we had something a bit more central, properly organised with hotels, private room etc i would be up for it, but as it stands it is too far, sorry guys :o

properly organised with hotels, private room etc i would be up for it, but as it stands it is too far, sorry guys :D

Can sort all that out for you Daleyboy, Scouse is staying in an hotel. Get your arse on a train and get out of Bristol for a night :o

Any idea HOW EXPENSIVE the bloody trains are these days?

It will work out far too expensive for me and the wife got to start saving for the new edition to the family due in 9 months.

Shame really would love to meet up with everyone, maybe we can have one a bit more centrally next time, maybe somewhere around the Brum area. :D

C'mon Daleyboy. A night in a hotel = 50 quid and buy your train tickets well in advance and you can get 'em for £15-£20 return. My missus is expecting in March, so that's no excuse....... Are you a big boy bouncer or a big girl's blouse? :o

Scouse.

Well, do you and Mr BoJ wish to determine a venue?

Scouse.

Okay hmmm let me think...........

The Printworks has got quite a few bars, a club (not sure if anyone is up for a club though, I'm easy) plus a few of the bars do food also.

Errmmm..... Deansgate has all the latest trendy bars but it's notourias for bouncers refusing people entry for the slightest thing. The weatherspoons is a good meeting point and it's quite cheap, used to be known as Moon under the water. Also never been refused entry into there as of yet.

Castlefield has a few good pubs/bars

A good atmosphere, without really loud music would be ideal. Just can't think of a decent place though. I'll get my thinking cap on.

MrBoJ can you think of anywhere?

Rj

Castlefield sounds good Rj, i was there last friday night. Went to The Grinche for something to eat first.

All going well we should be able to make it!! Need some hotel adresses though.

And as for a Oxford do, would be right up for that only just up the road from Newbury!!

Keep us informed..

Bang........

Hi Ben,

This outfit has various hotels around Manchester. They're nothing special, but you pay for the room and not per person. Currently, they charge £55 per night for the central hotels and £46 for the suburban ones.

I've nothing booked yet, but Mrs Scouse and I will be staying in one of these.

Scouse.

Even though i only live a few miles out, if Mrs Bojangles is here, i'm gonna stop in one too.

Had a thought also, there is a fantastic Indian near the centre, not far from Victoria station, called Saffron. It's one of those buffet type one's, eat as much as you can for £10, excellent food, nice atmosphere, not loud so you can talk..........oh and you take your own alcohol :o:D Cheap as chips as our Mr Dickinson would say :D upto you guys

Even though i only live a few miles out, if Mrs Bojangles is here, i'm gonna stop in one too.

Had a thought also, there is a fantastic Indian near the centre, not far from Victoria station, called Saffron. It's one of those buffet type one's, eat as much as you can for £10, excellent food, nice atmosphere, not loud so you can talk..........oh and you take your own alcohol  :D  :D Cheap as chips as our Mr Dickinson would say  :D upto you guys

Smells good :o

Rj

Wont make this one i am afarid boys and girls but i would be up for one maybe a bit more centrally. After looking on the map it looks like Brum would be the ideal place, right in the middle of the country, so any members live round this area that would be willing to plan a meet up? When you have the meet up North then make sure we get pictures of the night :o