Advice To Find Finance For Car?

So many horror stories!

I have 5,000 baht a month spare and can do a deposit of 50,000B

I need to replace my old Caribbean.

Been employed full-time (with all company docs available to show tax/banking etc) with WP for 6 years now.

Does anyone know a reliable and longstanding source of finance that doesn't regard farangs as something unpleasant that live under stones?

More to the point, can anyone advise me on where/how to get reputable loan without 15 different interviews with Thai men in suits who go 'tut tut' all the time?

Rob

ps and in brackets) ..... like my chum f'rinstance, who FINALLY managed to get finance thru a Thai bank for a car. He made 3 year's payments without missing a month and then tried to get finance for a big LCD TV from Tesco. Just happened to be the same finance company. He was refused on the grounds that he was "an alien and therefore subject to 'unstable' circumstances"

Any sensible banks or companies out there??

Rob

ps and in brackets) ..... like my chum f'rinstance, who FINALLY managed to get finance thru a Thai bank for a car. He made 3 year's payments without missing a month and then tried to get finance for a big LCD TV from Tesco. Just happened to be the same finance company. He was refused on the grounds that he was "an alien and therefore subject to 'unstable' circumstances"

Rob

Tanachart....financed quite a few cars through them over nearly 10 years, they may require you to have a Thai signatory on your finance agreement, certainly the case with my first car, after which didnt need one

Rob

Tanachart....financed quite a few cars through them over nearly 10 years, they may require you to have a Thai signatory on your finance agreement, certainly the case with my first car, after which didnt need one

That was quick.

Can you let me have more details? Weblink or info? Branches outside BKK? How to approach?

I think a signatory will be no problem - the Thai co-owner of the business i work for will vouch for me no problemo.

Thanks!

R

Rob

That was quick.

Can you let me have more details? Weblink or info? Branches outside BKK? How to approach?

I think a signatory will be no problem - the Thai co-owner of the business i work for will vouch for me no problemo.

Thanks!

R

OK - done it - there's a branch in Nathon on Samui. Thanks!

R

It really is none of my biz but

usually problems will loom at the horizon

when you unintentionally infringe on your Thai partner's any and all requests pertaining to whatever....

if you can.... watch your back.... and circumvent any and all possible future disagreement between personal interests and/or biz plans. ermm.gif

Getting a red Rolls or white Jag....? tongue.gif

Edited by mkawish

OK I will put my ex-banker's head on.

You want to buy a car for 200k and want 75% finance. The car is going to be nasty at that price, and that is my only security. Engine blows up next week and it's only worth scrap value - my security has now vanished. You are also a foreigner so could take flight at any time - sound like a good risk to you??

If you cannot afford 200k for an old car and your mate can't even afford a new TV I would suggest you both either find a new job or a sugar mama :whistling: