Versys Brake Question - Abs Or Non-Abs

Genericnic

Hi all.

As one of the height challenged, I have been looking at the Speedy lowering kit for the Versys. They have one model they call the standard model and a second that they call the "WR Model for ABS Ready Bikes." I got the impression from what something on their web page that only European versions of the bike had ABS. Are the bikes sold in Thailand ABS equipped? They also mention a rear hugger but I did not find anything that described what that is. Any information appreciated.

Thanks

David

All Versys sold in Thailand are ABS. There are a few companies making a rear hugger for the Versys.

Ride On!

Tony

KhaoKho39.jpg

Thanks Tony, as always.

I'm bringing the parts with me to lower the Versys. I think I need a little more contact with the ground that just the tips of my toes.

David

All Versys sold in Thailand are ABS. There are a few companies making a rear hugger for the Versys.

Ride On!

Tony

KhaoKho39.jpg

Thanks Tony, as always.

I'm bringing the parts with me to lower the Versys. I think I need a little more contact with the ground that just the tips of my toes.

David

I did test-install the "MotoWork WR Lowering Kit" on a Versys. And it is easy install (about 20min) and it works great!

You should also lower the front!

Chang Noi

Tony - Remember how good you felt wearing flared trousers with side pickets ??

but years later you cringed when you looked at the piccies ?

I think you goina feel the same about that bike - what an ugly @@cker....

Ride on ? - i think i'd rather get off.................

IMHO........

Ride on ?  -  i think i'd rather get off.................

IMHO........

:lol:  :lol:

Ride On!

Tony

KhaoKho39.jpg

Thanks Tony, as always.

David

I did test-install the "MotoWork WR Lowering Kit" on a Versys. And it is easy install (about 20min) and it works great!

You should also lower the front!

Chang Noi

Thanks for that feedback, Chang Noi. I just got it ordered and it will get there with me.

Did you lower the front forks too and shorten the kick stand?

David

You will have to move the legs up in the trees but be aware that this changes the geometry. Plus the rear will lower more than the front which screws up the geometry even more. You may wish to try a lowered seat before resorting to this mod.

If you do go with relocating the rear shock, cut the stand off and weld on a new foot

Tony tells me that YSS is introducing/has a new shock for the Versys that has adjustable ride height

Ride on ? - i think i'd rather get off.................

IMHO........

LOLZ!

Bro, I didn't buy the Versys for her looks, I bought her because she's received rave reviews and is cheap as chips.

On the recent tour of Laos she performed wonderfully.

DSC07861Small.jpg

Sure, that front end is a bit fugly, but I'm at an age where I really don't give a rats a$$.

111210VersysSSR.jpg

If I want to turn heads I roll on the Gixxer. B)

mygixxer3.JPG

If I want a go-anywhere tourer I take the Versys.

120910TakFaVersysSm.jpg

Ride On!

Tony

KhaoKho39.jpg

You will have to move the legs up in the trees but be aware that this changes the geometry. Plus the rear will lower more than the front which screws up the geometry even more. You may wish to try a lowered seat before resorting to this mod.

If you do go with relocating the rear shock, cut the stand off and weld on a new foot

Tony tells me that YSS is introducing/has a new shock for the Versys that has adjustable ride height

Agree that lowering the seat is the FIRST thing you should try if you are "vertically challenged", but if front and rear are lowered by equal amounts the change to steering geometry will be negligible. HH, I don't understand why you say that the rear will be lower than the front- the front of the Versys can be dropped WAY lower than the rear...

I should receive the new YSS Versys shock this weekend or on Monday and yes, it features adjustable ride height. I'll take pics and post a review once I've received it.

Happy Trails!

Tony

Dec18thKawaTrackDayVersys.jpg

Edited by BigBikeBKK

The WR Lowering kit from MotoWork will lower the rear by almost 2 inch.

Both Kawasaki and MotoWork recommend the front only by 22mm. When looking to the front-fork you will see why.

So indeed in this way you will change the geometry of the bike, which is not a very good thing. Of course you can lower the front more to be equal with the rear, but ....

So if you feet can already touch the ground without changing anything, I would change the seat first.

If you lower the rear you need to make the stand off a bit shorter of course (otherwise the bike will be standing almost straight ... on a straight floor that is!)

The changeable YSS shock will also change the geometry of your bike and I think it will costs much more as the lowering kit.

Chang Noi