Pheu Thai MPs: Thaksin Approved His Sister Yingluck To Become Party Leader

webfact

A very unwise move which I am sure will be applauded by the Dems.

Direct disassociation with Thaksin had to be the wise route, but then I suppose the PT have no one with the charisma to make a go of it.You would have thought somebody would have risen from the rank and file by now if it wad gong to happen.

An early election should see the Dems romp home-sadly!

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you should all make up your minds - we have some yellow fellows saying Thaksin is 'authoritarian capatalist' and others saying 'communists'

I go for "typical thai politician" ------ ok, no thai bashing, so just "typical politician".....

Only difference with the others - and reason for his downfall: he is more succesfull at it .....

i think this is the most accurate description and reason for him & his "removal" ........fear for too powerful becoming politician :jap:

you should all make up your minds - we have some yellow fellows saying Thaksin is 'authoritarian capatalist' and others saying 'communists'

I go for "typical thai politician" ------ ok, no thai bashing, so just "typical politician".....

Only difference with the others - and reason for his downfall: he is more succesfull at it .....

i think this is the most accurate description and reason for him & his "removal" ........fear for too powerful becoming politician :jap:

Others might characterize it as rather than him being "more successful" at it.... he was the "worst example" of it.

Between his unparalleled human rights violations, his unprecedented levels of corruption, his unmatched neopotism, and promises to rule "for 20 years"...

he was the 21st century version of his fellow Southeast Asian tyrannical murderous dictator, Ferdinand Marcos, for which Philippines is still paying for his two decade-long iron-fist rule.

Edited by Buchholz

Thai opposition eyes Thaksin's sister for PM

BANGKOK, January 7, 2011 (AFP) - A sister of fugitive former Thai premier Thaksin Shinawatra has emerged as a possible opposition candidate for prime minister as elections loom, a party spokesman said Friday.

"Some Puea Thai members are throwing their support behind Yingluck (Shinawatra) as one of the party candidates for prime minister but we have to consult and vote at the party's general meeting," said Pormpong Nopparit.

He said the party would pick their candidate after Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva, the leader of the pro-establishment Democrat Party, dissolves parliament, which by law must be done sometime this year.

Thaksin, 61, lives abroad to avoid a jail term for corruption. He remains a deeply divisive figure in Thailand and is wanted on terrorism charges for allegedly inciting anti-government protests in Bangkok last year.

The telecoms tycoon-turned-premier drew wide support from Thailand's rural poor during his time in office but was deposed by a military coup in 2006 and faces allegations of corruption and abuse of power.

He still has many supporters, particularly within the "Red Shirt" opposition movement behind mass street protests in Bangkok in April and May that left more than 90 people dead in clashes between armed troops and demonstrators.

Yingluck, 43, is the youngest of Thaksin's siblings. If elected to office, she would be Thailand's first female prime minister.

She is currently executive president of Thai real estate firm SC Asset Corp.

She is also a former president of the mobile telephone unit of Shin Corp., the telecoms giant founded by Thaksin that was at the centre of a tax scandal over the sale of the family's shares in the group in 2006.

"She's very humble and has good human relations, but it's not the time to say that Yingluck would definitely be our choice," said Noppadon Pattama, a Thai-based legal adviser to Thaksin.

Earlier, local news reports said Thaksin, who is currently based in Dubai, had endorsed former commerce minister Mingkwan Saengsuwan to lead the party.

Puea Thai head Yongyuth Wichaidit, a former bureaucrat, is seen by observers as a caretaker leader lacking popular appeal, with Thaksin wielding the real power from his self-imposed exile.

afplogo.jpg

-- (c) Copyright AFP 2011-01-07

Others might characterize it as rather than him being "more successful" at it.... he was the "worst example" of it.

Between his unparalleled human rights violations, his unprecedented levels of corruption, his unmatched neopotism, and promises to rule "for 20 years"...

he was the 21st century version of his fellow Southeast Asian tyrannical murderous dictator, Ferdinand Marcos, for which Philippines is still paying for his two decade-long iron-fist rule.

i give up

i give up

yes , he is the master piece in Thai politics .....still....!! you confirm my opinion :D ,good or bad doiing , he is the best in it :jap:

Puea Thai head Yongyuth Wichaidit, a former bureaucrat, is seen by observers as a caretaker leader lacking popular appeal, with Thaksin wielding the real power from his self-imposed exile.

179936.jpg

Party Leader of the Puea Thai Party Yongyuth Wichaidit... who has been "caretaker" now for 762 days... and counting.

fashist or fachist, google and see both.

Both are wrong. "Fascist" is the correct spelling (according to grammar nazis!). ;)

too much of it, whatever the spelling.

Agreed!

Edited by GuyL

179936.jpg

Party Leader of the Puea Thai Party Yongyuth Wichaidit... who has been "caretaker" now for 762 days... and counting.

that is how it works.. or do you think Medvedev in Russia is the real leader...., just replacing Poetin and follows ones orders....

Edited by david555

Both are wrong. "Fascist" is the correct spelling (according to grammar nazis!). ;)

Agreed!

Before, i said: i give up (on this thread).

But came back to applaud your post.

179936.jpg

that is how it works.. or do you think Medvedev in Rrussia is the real leader...., just replacing Poetin and follows ones orders....

Did Medvedev attempt to resign four times before actually doing so... only to return as the leader three days later?

Direct disassociation with Thaksin had to be the wise route, but then I suppose the PT have no one with the charisma to make a go of it.You would have thought somebody would have risen from the rank and file by now if it wad gong to happen.

I think the dems are making a mistake by not calling for new elections now. The economy can only improve marginally and could get worse. I think they hold an adavantage now. If I were their advisor I would urge them to press it.

and an e for an i is a different mistake then an and for a but.

And please do tell me, why do you take sides in a quarrel between different, but same same?

What is the point?

google "padantic" bah.gif

Agreed!

Before, i said: i give up (on this thread).

But came back to applaud your post.

Hopefully you'll remember it for next time, before initiating the supposition that grammar/spelling errors made by another poster as a sign of their being "excited"... ;)

Edited by Buchholz

Whether or not the PT have anyone with charisma is not the point. Would make no difference. Despite all the comments on here to the contrary from those trying to raise the credibility of the red shirts/ the PT/ the UDD, the fact remains that all those movements/groups exist to serve one man and his family. He is the one pulling the strings. He is the one in control. What he wants, he gets, and what he wants right now, is someone at the helm who won't get distracted by personal ambition, and who won't forget that the whole reason for this sham is helping him get money and power back, and then getting revenge.

Whether or not the PT have anyone with charisma is not the point. Would make no difference. Despite all the comments on here to the contrary from those trying to raise the credibility of the red shirts/ the PT/ the UDD, the fact remains that all those movements/groups exist to serve one man and his family. He is the one pulling the strings. He is the one in control. What he wants, he gets, and what he wants right now, is someone at the helm who won't get distracted by personal ambition, and who won't forget that the whole reason for this sham is helping him get money and power back, and then getting revenge.

Which harkens back to: (with even more additional time to the "well over a year later" contained in the quote below):

Payap Shinawatra, Thaksin's younger brother and chief coordinator of the party's northeastern MPs

Funny how hollow the claims are that Thaksin has nothing to do with PTP/UDD when the Shinawatra Grand Scheme of regional heads of PTP (Payap Shinawatra for the Northeast, Yingluk Shinawatra for Central, Yaowares Shinawatra for South, and Yaowapa Wongsamat nee Shinawatra for the North) is still fully in effect well over a year later.

There's a reason that 4 Shinawatras' are assigned as Regional Coordinators for the Pheu Thai Party.... and it ain't for being in the interest of democracy.

No one is saying k. Thaksin is a 'communists', not even a 'communist'. It's just part of the logic in a simply statement like 'Thaksin = PTP = UDD = red shirts' v.v. Maybe more correct, but still not perfect would probably be:

Thaksin has a party called PTP, their protest group is called UDD in a formal sense and red-shirts in an informal sense. The red-shirts consist of various groups some with communist links in the past and maybe present. All want democracy and that's the main reason they like k. Thaksin the authoritarian capitalist who somehow still got richer while being PM.

This of course IMHO :)

No one is saying k. Thaksin is a 'communists', not even a 'communist'. It's just part of the logic in a simply statement like 'Thaksin = PTP = UDD = red shirts' v.v. Maybe more correct, but still not perfect would probably be:

Thaksin has a party called PTP, their protest group is called UDD in a formal sense and red-shirts in an informal sense. The red-shirts consist of various groups some with communist links in the past and maybe present. All want democracy and that's the main reason they like k. Thaksin the authoritarian capitalist who somehow still got richer while being PM.

This of course IMHO :)

I would only correct that to read: "Thaksin = PTP = UDD = Red Shirts = Black Shirts "

179936.jpg

that is how it works.. or do you think Medvedev in Rrussia is the real leader...., just replacing Poetin and follows ones orders....

Did Medvedev attempt to resign four times before actually doing so... only to return as the leader three days later?

Just a little bit different details , common behaviour same same :jap:

Just a little bit different details , common behaviour same same :jap:

Quite a number of other "little bit" differences such that Medvedev is actually an elected by voters president and Yongyuth isn't.

Anyway, no one is really disputing that Yongyuth isn't just a proxy.

The point was to focus on the "caretaker" terminology, which is normally connotative of a relatively brief and temporary position... not one that's lasted for 762 days. :huh:

Edited by Buchholz

And please do tell me, why do you take sides in a quarrel between different, but same same?

What is the point?

you mean 'pedant'? :whistling:

What is the point?

Showing results for pedantic. Search instead for padantic

Did you mean: pedantic

Search Results

Answers.com - What does Padantic mean

Definitions and Word Differences question: What does Padantic mean? padantic is not a word. pEdantic, however, is, and it means to be 'overly instructive or ...

wiki.answers.com › ... › Definitions and Word Differences - Cached - Similar

Edited by OzMick

Isn't 'padantic' a trick or stratagem, devised or carried out by the Peoples' Alliance for Democracy ? B)

As in, "Oh look, there's an unguarded airport,let's go and welcome PM-Somchai back from his travels" ? :whistling:

Isn't 'padantic' a trick or stratagem, devised or carried out by the Peoples' Alliance for Democracy ? B)

As in, "Oh look, there's an unguarded airport,let's go and welcome PM-Somchai back from his travels" ? :whistling:

As opposed to calling for the burning of Bangkok, and then actually doing it, which is a Redantic. Or maybe that's the term for certain forum members of that colour?

The red shirts don't like thaksin.

Where did that come from?

Can you please share a source for this statement. Thanks.

Perhaps from Khun Thida, current UDD-leader,as she appeals for support from the rest of the movement ? B)

... snip ... Red Shirt = Thaksin ... snip ... PTP = Thaksin ... snip ... PTP = Red Shirt = Thaksin ... snip ...

If you believe that Aristotelian syllogism is valid in Thai thinking, yes.

~o:37;