Medical & Post

oxo1947

Like many people living in Thailand I chose to buy some medicines from outside of the country---- Price / Quality / availability etc.

While I haven't had any sized or returned in the 12 years I have lived here, this last month 2 different suppliers refused to send saying they have had some problems.

Has anyone else encountered this of late.

The problem from the perspective of the company shipping you the goods, is that if the package is held in customs and cannot be cleared, is that Thailand will sit on the package for up to 60 days before returning it to the sender. This can happen because 1) the customer refuses to pay whatever duty or 2) customs cannot find a specific ingredient or component of the product you ordered in the FDA book they use.

So, because some people will want a refund immediately, and the sender will want to wait to receive the product back before giving a refund, less shipping expenses, some consumers will not wait for this and call their credit card companies and chargeback the charges, causing a problem for the sender, even in the event that the sender wins the dispute as any chargeback counts as a negative to their chargeback ratio which must remain under 1%.

So, basically, that is why nobody wants to ship things like medicines to Thailand (and germany and australia for that matter)