World Pizza Council Revokes Pizza Company’s Use Of Word ‘Pizza’

Boater

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Italian Pizza sucks :bah: and besides the Greeks invented it.

That would be vacuum cleaners (hoovers) and your little smiley looksmore like a 'gags' than a 'sucks'.

SC

Warm wet cardboard with ketchup.:bah:

Now you're talking! So long as its not stale; nothing worse than stale cardboard (this is almost as stupid - as great a temptation to fate - as 'this could not get any worse'

It can always get worse. Much worse. Worse beyond one's wildest imagination.

SC

the amount of people posting who are obviously clueless that this is a satire, a spoof, a send-up, is absolutely shocking.

With all respect, I think you may have it wrong. The article is satirical in the sense that it mocks the meddling antics of the World Pizza Council. All things considered, it's actually a clever and well-written article.

I personally have had MAJOR issues with the World Pizza Council since that incident back in 2002. Let's been honest, who can forget the tears in the eyes of that guy in Kansas when he got fined 100,000 USD for selling pizzas that had four different types of cheese. Sure, the legal maximum is three, but was such a large fine necessary? I think not, and I think most of you would agree.

And remember too how that company in Holland was forced to close down after it was discovered they were using banana as a topping. Obviously we are all aware that pineapple is the only fruit that is legally permitted as a topping, but shutting down an entire business is excessive in the extreme.

In terms of corruption, meddling antics and nepotism, I believe very firmly that the World Pizza Council is second only to the United Pasta Committee.

If you are planning to set up a pizza business here in Thailand, be careful. Always seek advice from a reputable lawyer, and ALWAYS be vigilant.

LMAO! :clap2:

Should be LMAO

That expresssion is a trade mark of Yahoo Corporation which was registered after Microsoft registered OFFS, though I fail to see how Yahoo could justify that LMAOwas directly related to their product.

SC

My bad... :D

This is quite Common Practice with Big Rich Thai Companies

It is a Big Rich Thai Company -- but one that was founded and is run (very well) by an American. (Notable amongst his accomplishments: despite being told how for all sorts of reasons western fast food would never succeed in Thailand he made it happen -- long before anyone else -- with Pizza Hut, Dunkin Donut and Burger King, not to mention the numerous other things he's got going like the Marriotts in BKK and Pattaya; And he took on Pizza Hut -- part of a global giant -- and they are unable to crush him as everyone thought would happen. Instead he maintains roughly 50 percent of the market share I believe; say what you like about the truly awful pizza, he's one smart and talented dude who is EXTREMELY successful).

I see too many folks here just wanted to say something or ever being racists but they got no clue about the issue.

Speaking of no clue: you might want to look up "racist" -- and "satire" while you are at it.

Does that mean they will have to change the name of Leaning tower of Pizza then ???

Uhmmm...it's the Tower of Pisa. Nothing to do with the food. So, no.

That would be vacuum cleaners (hoovers) and your little smiley looksmore like a 'gags' than a 'sucks'.

SC

Where do you get that kind? Warm wet cardboard with ketchup sounds a lot better than ketchup on a motzah cracker (which is what they usually serve in Thailand). :licklips:

Had weirder stuff on pizza in the US. So may I ask what is a LEGAL definition for a pizza, and is it EU-trade marked? Otherwise I see lots of microbrewery going out of business, since they wouldn't be able to call some of their brew, 'beer'.

Or how about "okonomiyaki" being called Japanese pizza, would that have to be change too?

I would laughed case this out of court, maybe even charged the italian for wasting judiciary time.

I remember a dessert "pizza", choc chip cokkin for crust (it's a 10") banana, masrhmellows, M&M. Baked topped with whipped cream and more choc syrup. Yummy and totally bad for you!!!

Edited by mic6ard

" You cannot look upon such a monstrosity and even think it resembles pizza,” Lugano said."

and when I though it couldn't get any funnier:

" “But this,” he said, indicating a Pizza Company flyer advertising the new X-Pan Pizza topped with squid, prawns, mussels, crab stick and no apparent cheese or tomato sauce, “this is a crime against humanity.”

Brilliant!!:D

ON another forum I frequent, users are required to fulfil certain criteria before they are allowed to see some posts.

Perhaps we should earmark certain posts:

Warning: Contains satire. Only availableto qualified members.

or like they do on foodstuffs:

Warning: contains subtleties

I've discovered its now ilegal to enjoy oral sex in the EU unless your scrotum is marked "contains nuts"

SC

ON another forum I frequent, users are required to fulfil certain criteria before they are allowed to see some posts.

Perhaps we should earmark certain posts:

Warning: Contains satire. Only availableto qualified members.

or like they do on foodstuffs:

Warning: contains subtleties

I've discovered its now ilegal to enjoy oral sex in the EU unless your scrotum is marked "contains nuts"

SC

:lol:

I'm a latex fetishist.

Imagine how I feel.

:blink:

...and we the Belgians, owners of the largest beer brewing company in the world and brewers since the days of Julius Cesar will sue the Singha Brewery if they still continue to call the stuff they brew "beer"

Call the stuff brewed by Interbrew, beer? Mostly industrial liquid of the Singha Brewery type. Yes there are some great beers in Belgium, and in Germany and in the UK (none in Thailand).

SC

Where do you get that kind? Warm wet cardboard with ketchup sounds a lot better than ketchup on a motzah cracker (which is what they usually serve in Thailand). :licklips:

Don't feed the trolls B)

• 3 months later...

Is this a joke? Can they really not allow you to use the word pizza? I order a lot of pizzas from the pizza company.

You are breaking International Law with every mouthful. Recent reports suggest the American government may take action against its own citizens in Thailand over such infringements due to them serving only five pieces of pepperoni per slice.

A clear violation of deep pan pizza copyright laws sadly.

I womder when they will outlaw crackers with calling ketchup on it pizza? Once you get rid of Pizza Hut/Company and the cracker-crust joints, that will be the end of pizza in Thailand. :o

Just buy two.....take them home fill with riccotta and some nice ham and olives and fold together then heat in the oven. Top with a bit of bolognese sauce and voila...delicious calzone! :D

i suppose the usual bores are going to come on here saying that this pizza business is Thai bashing. :coffee1:

Nope its got nowt to do with Thais at all. Its the Fourth World War is this mate. :lol:

I womder when they will outlaw crackers with calling ketchup on it pizza? Once you get rid of Pizza Hut/Company and the cracker-crust joints, that will be the end of pizza in Thailand. :o

Just buy two.....take them home fill with riccotta and some nice ham and olives and fold together then heat in the oven. Top with a bit of bolognese sauce and voila...delicious calzone! :D

i suppose the usual bores are going to come on here saying that this pizza business is Thai bashing. :coffee1:

Nope its got nowt to do with Thais at all. Its the Fourth World War is this mate. :lol:

Ah shuduppa you face , wots the matter you heh ?

pizza with extra satire on top is my favourite , especialy when washed down wi some irony brew.

pizza with extra satire on top is my favourite , especialy when washed down wi some irony brew.

Jeeeeeeez you guys, i just don't believe you lot........if you don't like the pizza here why don't you leave. :huh::ermm::lol:

Jeeeeeeez you guys, i just don't believe you lot........if you don't like the pizza here why don't you leave. :huh::ermm::lol:

Stop this joviality and pick sides....its us or them I tell ya....:D

Irony brew works well with hangovers and bores I have to concur. :lol:

Edited by smokie36

It's "pick slices " dont ya know ? :wacko:

To ve honest I prefer a "hauf an' hauf". :D

Hey smokie, does this remind you of anyone?

Hey dudes thats pretty ignorant. All you do is come on here and bash Thai pizzas. Are you trying to say that Italien pizza is superior to Thai pizza. You come here with your western attitudes and immediately start bashing Thai pizza. Ooooooohhhhh i despise that. Why do you people stay here? :o Personally i wish i'd come to live here when i was an embryo. :rolleyes:

Yes there are some real apologist knobs out there :lol:

Hey smokie, does this remind you of anyone?

Hey dudes thats pretty ignorant. All you do is come on here and bash Thai pizzas. Are you trying to say that Italien pizza is superior to Thai pizza. You come here with your western attitudes and immediately start bashing Thai pizza. Ooooooohhhhh i despise that. Why do you people stay here? :o Personally i wish i'd come to live here when i was an embryo. :rolleyes:

Yes there are some real apologist knobs out there :lol:

All that pops into my head is "Home Counties.....and for some strange reason the letter B"

Am I getting warm? :D

Thai Pizza? Nah I prefer Phnom Penh happy pizza. Thailand should stick to mushroom shakes. ;)

Just a wee drap in an ocean of irony brew .

Now the scots could show those johny foriegners a thing or too about pizza - deep fried it's the only way to cook em !

Love 'em I do....only after 10 pints on a winters night with snow on the ground and a bitter headwind. Saved my life that steaming pile of saturated fat has....reaches places even the haggis supper fails to warm.

Well so ma ex-GF fae Peterhead telt me! :lol:

Just a wee drap in an ocean of irony brew .

Now the scots could show those johny foriegners a thing or too about pizza - deep fried it's the only way to cook em !

Love 'em I do....only after 10 pints on a winters night with snow on the ground and a bitter headwind. Saved my life that steaming pile of saturated fat has....reaches places even the haggis supper fails to warm.

Well so ma ex-GF fae Peterhead telt me! :lol:

Yes I have heard the wardens indulge in a haggis super repast :D