World Pizza Council Revokes Pizza Company’s Use Of Word ‘Pizza’

Boater

ah...didn't read the word SATIRE

funny either way

fact remains that their pizza is <deleted>. The closest to the real thing I came across so far was at PizzaPizza in Pattaya and BKK, but sadly pretty expensive.

W la PIZZA ITALIANA!laugh.gifjap.gif

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe how people are actually being taken in by this. It is satire. But really funny all the same.

I know! It's frightening how so many people take whatever they read on the internet (or receive by chain e-mail) at face value. Not the Nation is of course the Thai version of The Onion.

Not that I'm not in full agreement with the World Pizza Council! :D

Yes it's satire, but hits the nail on the head, I take the family to this place every once in a while they love it, I try to choke down a piece, God awful stuff, you need Thai taste buds to enjoy it. :jap:

I can't believe how people are actually being taken in by this. It is satire.

Indeed ... even says in big red letters at the beginning of the OP.

Agree also that it is pretty funny just the same, and if there really was such an organization as the World Pizza Council, an action like this would be justified!

I never imagined that food would have copyrights....

so maybe thai should go to italy and see how the italians mess up thai food.. or make some weird dish and call it thai food.

as for me... I just think like... go with the flow, we're in 2011 don't stick too much with the old uses. everything's got to evolve.

btw what going to happen if the pizza company doesn't change? war of pizza?

is this article a joke? i think so..

I doubt there is a "world Pizza Council" - I couldn't find one on google.

just sounds like this article was written by someone who doesn't like Pizza Company.

theres plenty of worse pizzas around in many countries... (japanese put mayonnaise and sushi on pizza),,, pizza hut in the UK has a few twists on the pizza, etc)...

and actually,, the pizza (as we know it - with various toppings is a "re-creation" (from the USA),, adding extra to the original italian recipes.

I think that virtually every pizza chain in the world breaks the original pizza rules!

so, I assume this article is a joke. theres no pizza council on google... (and this story is only reproduced in a few joke-type - or gullible websites).

anyway,, its a funny story ;))

I see too many folks here just wanted to say something or ever being racists but they got no clue about the issue.

You guys should know that Italy is a member of the European Community, Italy likely other members of the community have the Rights to protect a brand, products or local well known name or product it can be food or anything that is well known of being part of Italian culture.

As an example, Italy years ago battled and won it's right to patent the "Bistecca alla Fiorentina" (Florence's steak) because it's a local and unique product all around the world and because some other big food chains were making a clone (perhaps a disgusting one) of this kind of local food who no one outside Florence (Italian city) may ever be able to equal.

Can you racist guys (just a few of you) imagine if someone in Italy will open a food chain and brand it "Italian Singha" and why not the delicious and unique "Italy True Tom Yum Soup" but instead it's made of spaghetti and tomato sauce? How would you feel??

Pizza has became a protected property, this is the Law and anyone must agree by Law.

And also by reading the article I see that the Italian representative has "politely asked them to use another word as early as 1997" now we are in 2011 almost 15 years has passed since the request was made.

Think guys before pointing to the wrong way and also you guys should know that I am able to make delicious pizza and in Thailand I could make a lot of money with my skill and my product, do you guess why?

Because people all around the world recognise the word "pizza" so no one should be allowed to change its meaning.

Edited by keymaker

And why not bake your own pizzas?

Nothing can beat a freshly made pizza, with all your favourite ingredients.

Same goes for bread.

And for thai food - that is,if you have a thai wife.

Not sure about bargirls - but maybe they can bring drinks.

Cheers.

It is clear that many readers do not understand thew word SATIRE.

Here is a dictionary definition:

"the use of irony, sarcasm, ridicule, or the like, in exposing, denouncing, or deriding vice, folly, etc. "

It has been said that, " satire first make people laugh, and then make them think"

I order them because they can be delivered to your home but I'm always dissatisfied and disappointed with the taste and quality.

but there isn't many options for home delivery food.

McDonalds is sh*t :bah:

Burger King don't come to my area :(

and although Subways are delicious and healthy :whistling::rolleyes: they aren't what's always on my taste buds menu.

I know about JJs but they severly p :annoyed: ssed me off so I fired them

P.S. no I'm not fat :D

Edited by Randee

Thai pizza--too phony.

Italian pizza--too thin and stingy on the ingredients.

American pizza rules!

(Oh, for a Chicago deep-dish pizza about now!)

post-108400-0-06390900-1294377978_thumb.

That looks bloody aweful. It looks more like a technicoloured spew I took after eating a pizza once, errrr, okay a few times :lol:

It is clear that many readers do not understand thew word SATIRE.

Here is a dictionary definition:

"the use of irony, sarcasm, ridicule, or the like, in exposing, denouncing, or deriding vice, folly, etc. "

It has been said that, " satire first make people laugh, and then make them think"

Then why is it that more than half the posters here are neither laughing nor thinking? rolleyes.gif

Edited by Fookhaht

I order them because they can be delivered to your home but I'm always dissatisfied and disappointed with the taste and quality.

and although Subways are delicious and healthy :whistling::rolleyes: they aren't what's always on my taste buds menu.

How do the delivery girls compare?

After all. you do not have to eat the food they bring.....

Thai pizza--too phony.

Italian pizza--too thin and stingy on the ingredients.

American pizza rules!

(Oh, for a Chicago deep-dish pizza about now!)

post-108400-0-06390900-1294377978_thumb.

That looks bloody aweful. It looks more like a technicoloured spew I took after eating a pizza once, errrr, okay a few times :lol:

That experience may have had more to do with the prior shots of Johnny Walker than the pizza itself?

BTW, we really know how to super-size our pizzas, horizontally and vertically. licklips.gif (...as well as our bodies...ermm.gif)

Edited by Fookhaht

How do the delivery girls compare?

After all, there is no obligation to eat the food they deliver.

Edited by kropotkin