World Pizza Council Revokes Pizza Company’s Use Of Word ‘Pizza’

Boater

Jesus, as a species we are totally screwed aren't we.

Whaddaya mean 'we', human?

For the record The Pizza Company' never replied to my enquiry about what they put in their 'pizzas'.

For the record, I wasn't talking about pizzas at all.

It's quite staggering how many posters on this forum see what they want to see rather than seeing what is actually there..... that leads to pre-judging everything and isn't a good character trait in general.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I order them because they can be delivered to your home but I'm always dissatisfied and disappointed with the taste and quality.

but there isn't many options for home delivery food.

McDonalds is sh*t :bah:

Burger King don't come to my area :(

and although Subways are delicious and healthy :whistling::rolleyes: they aren't what's always on my taste buds menu.

I know about JJs but they severly p :annoyed: ssed me off so I fired them

P.S. no I'm not fat :D

and although Subways are delicious and healthy :whistling::rolleyes: they aren't what's always on my taste buds menu.

tonight I feel like something non-delicious and unhealthy... (did I get that right?) :lol:

I agree with the World Pizza Council... the pizza company does not sell anything that resembles a pizza.. it's garbage and should'nt be called a "pizza." :blink: When my Thai friends suggest eating a "pizza" at the pizza company, I can't explain to them what a real pizza tastes like.. Even here in the U.S., Thai's don't like the taste of a real pizza, like from Domino's or Uncle Johns pizza or Pied Piper Pizza, they are so used to the junk they eat in Thailand. Maybe the should change the name to "The Seafood on a piece of crappy crust Company".

So you..as an American want to tell us what tasty food is? Holy Pizza shit!!!!

Edited by metisdead

The world pizza council should leave the Pizza Company alone, cause when ever I leave Thailand I always crave a decent pizza when I get the chance.....If you have ever eaten Thai Food in Italy some people would be disgusted with the slop they serve.

Pizza tastes different all over the world, its the Americans who have " Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo Echo Delta" pizza for the world all that Tripple cheese puff crust sausage bbq sause.......Pizza is better left simple mozzarella, basil , real tomato sauce and fresh pizza dough all baked in a wood fire oven served as an side dish not as full meal

As someone else mentioned the Thai govt. was up in arms a few years ago about the state of Thai food abroad (giving as examples som tam made w/carrots instead of papaya etc) and went on to say that it was detrimental to Thai culture, insult to Thailand, etc, I remember it being mentioned that the people making the food in some cases weren't even Thai (insinuating that only Thai people should be making Thai food anywhere in the world).

I also remember the Thai govt. up in arms about a buddha image being printed on a brand of bikinis being sold in the US (not sold in Thailand, mind you) while at that very moment here in Bkk they were selling t-shirts with planes crashing into the world trade center with images praising bin laden. The Thai govt. said the US has no right to sell clothing with the image of buddha on it.

Examples of this sort are plentiful.

Just another example of Thais stating by their actions that Thai culture is sacred and should be respected by everyone in the world while Thai people have absolutely no obligation to show any respect to the culture, products, or food of other countries.

In that sense I don't think people are offended by Thais making crab stick pizzas but by the arrogance that comes along with it.

Typical TV digression. Someone posts a humerous quotation from a reputable satire site and everyone dives off into some irrelevant debate about Western food, and how it isn't like it is back home.

I thought it was an entertaining and well-written piece, and, with a remarkable piece of sublte irony, even picked up on the poor factual accuracy of the local press.

No wonder Notthenation is the preferred source for news in Thailand!

SC

No sitting on the fence allowed with the pizza threads.

Did you not read the rules?......:o

This thread was actually started in order to distract attention from an attempt which is currently going through the courts to get the BMCL MRT renamed from 'subway" to "sandwichway", due to infringement of trademark.

Thailand will be a test case, and then this will be used as a precedent in the rest of the world. The "Pizzacompany" thing was just an attempt to gauge public opinion and see how the land lay.

SC

pizza hut & company not very tasty but allready a spep in the right way,, try those from tesco lotus if you really need to empty your stomach fast

had a resort restaurant a while ago on koh pha ngan and our pizza base came from a bakerij not too wonderfull

but having 6 italians in our resort that had friends with a few italian pizzerias on the island they preffered our pizza over those of their friends

probaly cause we didnt put maynaisse and chilysauce on the things

Fascinating stuff. Not sure what is worse, the arrogance of the Italians, or the Pizza Company creations. Yes, the cheese filled crust, and the crab

stick additions are pretty tacky, and surprising for a country that adores their food so much. But, for the "Pizza council" to take such offense? Have

they got no lives? Why such thin skin. Who cares? There is enough good pizza in the world. So what if someone is creating bad pizza. Get a

freaking life, for God's sake. is it not up to the individual to make a choice about whether eating gourmet or not is a priority for them? It is just

another pompous Italian making a declaration. The world needs to learn to start ignoring these fools, and their silly pronouncements. Who cares?

Pizza hut in the USA also offers cheese filled crust and Hawaiian pizza why aren't they going after them? just stupid!!!

I order them because they can be delivered to your home but I'm always dissatisfied and disappointed with the taste and quality.

McDonalds is sh*t

Burger King don't come to my area

and although Subways are delicious and healthy they aren't what's always on my taste buds menu.

tonight I feel like something non-delicious and unhealthy... (did I get that right?) :lol:

Yes! you got it right! :lol:;) but rarely do i feel like something non-delicious :blink: as long as it doesn't cause choking and heaving ....

Edited by Randee

I read this with someamusement. Who put the World Pizza Council in charge in the first place? Do they actually have jurisdiction overanything, or is this just a marketing ploy. If, as they seem to claim they are on a mission is to preserve the purity of Pizza, asit was originated, wouldn’t that be scraps of food on yesterday's bread, heatedand given to the poor peasants? Now if they are making some attempt torailroad the Pizza Company based on product quality, as they claim, theymight want to look at other chains. In the United States there isexcellent pizza in abundance. There are also chains that are justhorrible. Pizza Company is better than Pizza Hut in the U.S., Domino's, LittleCesar's and perhaps one or two more chains. The word Pizza is not in thecompany name, but it certainly is the headliner in all of their menus! Tome this smells like a marketing fight. Dig a bit and just below the crustI'm guessing we'll find money, lots of it.

Typical TV digression. Someone posts a humerous quotation from a reputable satire site and everyone dives off into some irrelevant debate about Western food, and how it isn't like it is back home.

I thought it was an entertaining and well-written piece, and, with a remarkable piece of sublte irony, even picked up on the poor factual accuracy of the local press.

No wonder Notthenation is the preferred source for news in Thailand!

SC

No sitting on the fence allowed with the pizza threads.

Did you not read the rules?......:o

This thread was actually started in order to distract attention from an attempt which is currently going through the courts to get the BMCL MRT renamed from 'subway" to "sandwichway", due to infringement of trademark.

Thailand will be a test case, and then this will be used as a precedent in the rest of the world. The "Pizzacompany" thing was just an attempt to gauge public opinion and see how the land lay.

SC

We should have a poll and a petition at least to start with. In the meantime I'm off to find out what happens to all the wasted dough from a doughnut.

Don't expect me for supper.....

Just a little off topic here...I wonder what percentage of the purchase price of a pizza bought from The Pizza Company goes towards the 15 to 20 or so, packets of Ketchup that they deliver with each pizza.

They must spend millions of Baht every year on these useless packets of Ketchup (that's Tomawwwwwto sauce for the English out there.

I've never seen anywhere else in the world where people put Ketchup on pizza.

The tomato paste is one of the most important fundamental ingredients to a good pizza. It's the first thing placed on the crust; Why cover it with Ketchup?

What ever you put Ketchup on ultimately ends up tasting like Ketchup.

Why don't they just make "Ketchup pizza" for the Thais and stop delivering to and charging expats for the tons of ketchup that just ends up in the garbage anyway.

They can probably knock-off about 20% of the price of their pizza.

Oh! and I forgot to say; I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!

For those of you concerned about this despicable behavior (and I'm sure there are many) please write your local political representative and possibly we can stop this heinous "Ketchup Conspiracy", once and for all.

Power to the People!

Two comments.

First, to those of you in love with your own opinion, remember it's just that--an opinion. And opinions are like armpits--every one has a couple of them, and usually they stink.

Second, the amount of people posting who are obviously clueless that this is a satire, a spoof, a send-up, is absolutely shocking. If George gets lazy this April 1st, he can just rerun this story..

The tomato paste is one of the most important fundamental ingredients to a good pizza. It's the first thing placed on the crust; Why cover it with Ketchup?

Thais like it that way and they are the main consumers. Westerners are just an afterthought. ;)

wheni lived in bkk domino pizza was delivering, aer they still around? like you never was happy with the food but it was easy.

wheni lived in bkk domino pizza was delivering, aer they still around? like you never was happy with the food but it was easy.

ive never seen a dominos in bangkok so don't know. but i have just had 2 foot long subways delivered and finished off a very nice ham and pepperoni with all the veggies in honey oat bread with honey mustard. it was good! ;) but not so cheap though.

great when they are delivered, yes easy

Need the ketchup to cover up the taste of all that nasty cheese ruining a perfectly good roti

Not The Nation is like the famous "MAD" magazine, would you believe as fact anything printed in that one? This is a joke.

But I do agree some of Pizza Co's products are pukey but they are enjoyed by Thais, theirs no accounting for taste.:D

PS:

I have searched the internet for "The World Pizza Council" and guess what... it does not exist! so this article must be a hoax.

So Bill ya going to sue Not The Nation?

Edited by newermonkey

...and we the Belgians, owners of the largest beer brewing company in the world and brewers since the days of Julius Cesar will sue the Singha Brewery if they still continue to call the stuff they brew "beer"

But but , you didn't invent beer. So you can also be sued by the Egyptians lmao.

the amount of people posting who are obviously clueless that this is a satire, a spoof, a send-up, is absolutely shocking.

With all respect, I think you may have it wrong. The article is satirical in the sense that it mocks the meddling antics of the World Pizza Council. All things considered, it's actually a clever and well-written article.

I personally have had MAJOR issues with the World Pizza Council since that incident back in 2002. Let's been honest, who can forget the tears in the eyes of that guy in Kansas when he got fined 100,000 USD for selling pizzas that had four different types of cheese. Sure, the legal maximum is three, but was such a large fine necessary? I think not, and I think most of you would agree.

And remember too how that company in Holland was forced to close down after it was discovered they were using banana as a topping. Obviously we are all aware that pineapple is the only fruit that is legally permitted as a topping, but shutting down an entire business is excessive in the extreme.

In terms of corruption, meddling antics and nepotism, I believe very firmly that the World Pizza Council is second only to the United Pasta Committee.

If you are planning to set up a pizza business here in Thailand, be careful. Always seek advice from a reputable lawyer, and ALWAYS be vigilant.

[And remember too how that company in Holland was forced to close down after it was discovered they were using banana as a topping. Obviously we are all aware that pineapple is the only fruit that is legally permitted as a topping, but shutting down an entire business is excessive in the extreme.

I'm sorry sir, but you are very much mistaken. Pineapple on pizza is another dastardly American invention that can not be countenanced by the World Pizza council and for your information, pepperoni is against the rules too. :annoyed:

[And remember too how that company in Holland was forced to close down after it was discovered they were using banana as a topping. Obviously we are all aware that pineapple is the only fruit that is legally permitted as a topping, but shutting down an entire business is excessive in the extreme.

I'm sorry sir, but you are very much mistaken. Pineapple on pizza is another dastardly American invention that can not be countenanced by the World Pizza council and for your information, pepperoni is against the rules too. :annoyed:

Can I expect to be sued for having some Philadelphia cheese and a pineapple chunk on my cream cracker? :ph34r:

Off topic....but does the cheese really hail from Philly.....and is there any in the famous cheese steak? :unsure:

Can I expect to be sued for having some Philadelphia cheese and a pineapple chunk on my cream cracker? :ph34r:

If you're in the States, you should be okay. The National Cookie Federation is quite liberal.

If you're in the UK, be careful. I've just checked the website for the Royal Biscuit Association and I think you might be at risk.

the amount of people posting who are obviously clueless that this is a satire, a spoof, a send-up, is absolutely shocking.

With all respect, I think you may have it wrong. The article is satirical in the sense that it mocks the meddling antics of the World Pizza Council. All things considered, it's actually a clever and well-written article.

I personally have had MAJOR issues with the World Pizza Council since that incident back in 2002. Let's been honest, who can forget the tears in the eyes of that guy in Kansas when he got fined 100,000 USD for selling pizzas that had four different types of cheese. Sure, the legal maximum is three, but was such a large fine necessary? I think not, and I think most of you would agree.

And remember too how that company in Holland was forced to close down after it was discovered they were using banana as a topping. Obviously we are all aware that pineapple is the only fruit that is legally permitted as a topping, but shutting down an entire business is excessive in the extreme.

In terms of corruption, meddling antics and nepotism, I believe very firmly that the World Pizza Council is second only to the United Pasta Committee.

If you are planning to set up a pizza business here in Thailand, be careful. Always seek advice from a reputable lawyer, and ALWAYS be vigilant.

LMAO! :clap2:

LMAO! :clap2:

Should be LMAO

That expresssion is a trade mark of Yahoo Corporation which was registered after Microsoft registered OFFS, though I fail to see how Yahoo could justify that LMAOwas directly related to their product.

SC